What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Maximum7

Ensign
I decided to go with a quark star. It’s good because we don’t even know if they exist. Perfect for expansion However, I still need something for him to be working on before he deals with the quark star. I’m looking not for a gadget or piece of tech. I’ve decided everything technological that we can think of, can be done. Speeders with deflector shields? Sure. We haven’t seen them but they can easily be done. I’m looking for something that would still be an emerging field of science. Something a Type II/III civilization would do next. Any ideas?

Thumbs Up

Armor that has a shield generator(like the droidekas in ep 1,2, & 3) and also protects the wearer from the radiation caused by the shield generator AND uses the raradiation it creates for something.

A quark star is a hypothetical type of compact exotic star, where extremely high temperature and pressure has forced nuclear particles to form a continuous state of matter that consists primarily of free quarks.
The equation of state of quark matter is uncertain, as is the transition point between neutron-degenerate matter and quark matter.

In theoretical physics, quantum chromodynamics (QCD) is the theory of the strong interaction between quarks and gluons, the fundamental particles that make up composite hadrons such as the proton, neutron and pion. QCD is a type of quantum field theory called a non-abelian gauge theory, with symmetry group SU(3). The QCD analog of electric charge is a property called color. Gluons are the force carrier of the theory, like photons are for the electromagnetic force in quantum electrodynamics. The theory is an important part of the Standard Model of particle physics.

There are many places a scientist could go with research into this.
A gross range including manipulation of the fundamental forces of nature.
In other words, changing nature itself.

To understand the physics of Quark Stars would be like understanding how to make magic real.
In the Star Wars Universe, this is done via midichlorians but to understand such specialized physics would require no midichlorians and the person yielding such knowledge would require none. Thus, anyone would have the power of the Emperor.

This could make for an interesting story involving anti-Jedi.
Forget the Darkside, this power would surpass all Jedi.
A power that exists in everything everywhere without limits.

Ok my scientist is studying sub-Hyperspace, the dimension in which quintessence can be turned into Phantom Energy and then travel to destroy star systems in real time. This is how Starkiller Base fires it’s weapon after draining a sun. (I’m sure Disney will explore it more in due time). However, in the mean time; I wonder what other things my scientist can study about it. Applications I’ve considered would be a sub-hyperdrive which would allow for instantaneous travel like Star Trek: Discovery’s Spore Drive. It also could be used for instant communications. Good stuff but too much of a gamechanger to tinker with. What else could my scientist be studying about sub-hyperspace?

A quark star is a hypothetical type of compact exotic star, where extremely high temperature and pressure has forced nuclear particles to form a continuous state of matter that consists primarily of free quarks.
The equation of state of quark matter is uncertain, as is the transition point between neutron-degenerate matter and quark matter.

In theoretical physics, quantum chromodynamics (QCD) is the theory of the strong interaction between quarks and gluons, the fundamental particles that make up composite hadrons such as the proton, neutron and pion. QCD is a type of quantum field theory called a non-abelian gauge theory, with symmetry group SU(3). The QCD analog of electric charge is a property called color. Gluons are the force carrier of the theory, like photons are for the electromagnetic force in quantum electrodynamics. The theory is an important part of the Standard Model of particle physics.

There are many places a scientist could go with research into this.
A gross range including manipulation of the fundamental forces of nature.
In other words, changing nature itself.

To understand the physics of Quark Stars would be like understanding how to make magic real.
In the Star Wars Universe, this is done via midichlorians but to understand such specialized physics would require no midichlorians and the person yielding such knowledge would require none. Thus, anyone would have the power of the Emperor.

This could make for an interesting story involving anti-Jedi.
Forget the Darkside, this power would surpass all Jedi.
A power that exists in everything everywhere without limits.
Whoops I’m starting to bite before I bark so I’d have to suggest a mechanical mechanism of possibility proportions that like the hitchhikers guide to the observable galaxy would retain everything and I mean every possible record of Star Wars entertainment time, space, matter, life, philosophy, and combat to visualize in spurts so the power of science fiction can be explored indefinitely. 🎭

Back