Sci-Fi What can a scientist in the Star Wars galaxy be working on?

Maximum7

Ensign
I’m trying to write a story about a scientist working on something in the Star Wars galaxy. I’m looking for something creative or esoteric instead of just teleportation or matter replicators. I have tried many different ideas but none seem to fit. A lot of stuff has been thought of on Star Wars rpg forums and I’m not looking for a simple tech or invention. I’m looking for a science that would take a scientist in SW somewhat difficulty to create. It can’t be something that can theoretically be created based on existing technological capabilities or resources. E.g. You don’t see speeders with deflector shields, but you could very easily do it. I’d also be open to him studying something brand new. A facet or avenue of science that has been untapped or ignored. Star Wars has had 1,000’s of Years with FTL technology so this is a tall order but scientist exist and surely they must be doing something.

One might ask why the research is so important to your story?
Is the research 'reveal' vital to the story you are telling or is it just a small detail that requires minimal reader focus in favor of the real story?

If such research is vital to your story, an integral part of it, how can you construct a story if you don't know what the focus is?

There are millions of things a scientist could be working on because it is your creation.
Why ask others for ideas if you don't already have a focus in mind?

What you are basically asking is:
"I want to write some Star Wars fanfic but I have no idea what I want to write about."
Most will tell you just go with what you want, its your story.

To write a story, it needs to come from your own imagination.
It isn't important what others think, what is important is what YOU think and how it pertains to the story you need to tell.

Writing fiction requires imagination on the part of the writer.
If the research is about a "Blipper Field" and your story is all about a Blipper Field nobody is gunna give a damn.
But, if there is an adventure related to a Blipper Field and your characters are associated with the Blipper Field the focus is not going to be the Blipper Field but on your character's adventure. The details about the Blipper Field are inconsequential to the adventures of your characters.

MAKE...SOMETHING...UP

Wait, didn't this topic come up before? 🤔

Edit: Okay, it wasn't deja Vu!

I’m trying to write a story about a scientist working on something in the Star Wars galaxy. I’m looking for something creative or esoteric instead of just teleportation or matter replicators. I have tried many different ideas but none seem to fit. A lot of stuff has been thought of on Star Wars rpg forums and I’m not looking for a simple tech or invention. I’m looking for a science that would take a scientist in SW somewhat difficulty to create. It can’t be something that can theoretically be created based on existing technological capabilities or resources. E.g. You don’t see speeders with deflector shields, but you could very easily do it. I’d also be open to him studying something brand new. A facet or avenue of science that has been untapped or ignored. Star Wars has had 1,000’s of Years with FTL technology so this is a tall order but scientist exist and surely they must be doing something.
What I am doing in my third and final novel. Invent new weapons that make Star Wars's obsolete. They are so First World War logic and technology. Laser instead of bullets. HG Wells beat them too it.

What I am doing in my third and final novel. Invent new weapons that make Star Wars's obsolete. They are so First World War logic and technology. Laser instead of bullets. HG Wells beat them too it.
So what would be the replacement for energy weapons (lasers)?

So what would be the replacement for energy weapons (lasers)?
Kevin. thank you for asking. At the moment it is under wraps. I know this is a cop out. But ideas fly into heads take over and before my third novel is done I'm obsolete. Rest assured if you so desire I shall let you know when the copyright is all in place more than just a txt file. Which is copyright in itself but context is everything. Let us say the hint is in the title of the second novel: Virtual Quantum Collapse. [over-end run: void state zero]

Back