What classes are you going to play?

Hmm? I like to use strategy and such. So, I'll definately have a wizard as a main class. I also want to cover a wizard's weakness at close combat, so I'll probably be a Wizard/Warrior. I've always liked Magic Swordsmans anyway.

Well, yeah, the plan for me hasn't changed, really... I just hope that the Rangers aren't limited to only bows and stuff. Because, really, if they're the only class that gets "natural"-type abilities, that'd kind of screw my character up. Like, a lot. Because, while I'm sure that I could use a spear, if I don't get access to any of the Ranger's combat abilities because of it... I don't know.

I always play a rogue. Now I just have to figure out what my secondary will be, I'm kind of torn between 3 combos.
1.)rogue/healer (if the classes are like other games, this would be the ultimate solo character, able to deal out burst dmg and heal. Also the lock picking, healing jobs ought to be in high demand)

2.) Rogue/Warrior (burst dmg on top of tanking abilities, can't go wrong their. Also if the warrior job skill is armor repair it would be another money making combo)

3.) Rogue/high dmg dealing class (ie ranger, gear knight or wizard) [this combo would be the ultimate in damage dealing, the pure killing frenzy would be very hard to resist)

All of these combo's are based on the idea that HJ classes will be similar to other MMO classes. Should they throw a curve ball at us I would adjust.

I will be playing a Warrior/Rogue. A raging berserker type with insane frontal offensive abilities and speed increasing ones that will be complemented by my rogue subclass.

I will be weilding a pair of dual wield axes.

This is the theme I always play as in an MMO (if they have dual wield axes)
I'm pretty reckless when it comes to combat but I always surprise as the underdog.

Just out of curiosity what do you think will be the ultimate tank?

Maybe Gearknight/Warrior? or Gearknight/Bard (Bard to be able to manipulate/crowd control?) Although i am very into pvp so I dont know if the last combination would work... for me???

Tank + Crowd Control? Wow, hadn't thought of that... I guess the dual class system really will open some doors. How's about, like... Well, I don't really have any good ideas. Most of 'em seem kind of pointless.

Kuzzle said:
Tank + Crowd Control? Wow, hadn't thought of that... I guess the dual class system really will open some doors. How's about, like... Well, I don't really have any good ideas. Most of 'em seem kind of pointless.

72 different combinations correct? Endless I just hope within each class there are different talents that you can choose making your character unique. I want a char that can tank a great deal but still do a fair amount of damage and that is why I thought of GK/B. Although bard might just be a little too much support for me.

Ooh! It'd be cool if specific combos got unique abilities. Can you imagine what a Necromancer/GearKnight would get? Gear-Augmented Skeletons, FTW! Awesome...

I think we are going to see some shattered stereotypes for class roles in this game. I can see class choice is going to take some thought.

Yeah that'd be a good thing though, so everyone is still fairly unique. In Guild Wars the dual-class system is still pretty predictable, but if we're allowed to raise different skills in each of our professions in a non-generic way such as in Guild Wars.. like raising SPECIFIC skills and not overall attributes.. then we can really be whatever we want to be.

Probably will start off with some warrior combination to get the game mechanics down then move to either a Ranger combination (Rangers are the ultimate ninjas) or Necromancer wizard mix.

I'm still overly mixed on the system until we get specifics. I think we're going to see a very City of style skill system where as we level our primary and our secondary class will have skills open up and then we can invest wyr slots into altering or strengthening that said skill. Which I'm going to sort of love and hate I'm sure.
If that's so then we'll probably not see 'stats' as we know of them in other fantasy games. I'm thinking it's going to be as simple as attack being our over all strength and to hit %, def giving us our soak or dodge ability.
But I hope they surprise us. Cuz.. I dunno if that's going to be fantastic or not.
But then again, if they keep with the fact that certain items such as weapons having 'moves' that you can level up.. Or armor with activates that can be buffed up with wyr. Then maybe that's what MMOs have needed?
Or maybe they think they're going to have classic stats plus skills to buff up with wyr? My dunno. I'm sure it's going to drive the mathy players like me nuts tho'.

I admit, ranger/rogue was what I thought before I saw the other classes... damn, it'll be a hard choice. Gearknight looks awesome. My other will probably be a necromancer/wizard or necromancer/bard.

Don't look at me like that! *pout* It's valid!