Aliens What Do Aliens Look Like? Probably Like Octopuses, Says Space Scientist Michio Kaku

Xiggy

CinVin Tech Support
Staff member
(Article by Aaron Homer at The Inquisitr News)

If you’ve ever wondered what aliens look like, your brain has likely defaulted to the image of the big-eyed, greenish, lanky creatures of comic books and M. Night Shyamalan movies. And while that may be true of intelligent life outside of our solar system (not that we have any definitive way of knowing – yet), if there’s intelligent life in our own solar system, it probably resembles the humble octopus, says Japanese physicist and space expert Michio Kaku.

As Cheatsheet reports, Dr. Kaku is the author of a new book, The Future of Humanity (see this Inquisitr report for more about the book and Dr. Kaku’s theories), that touches upon a variety of topics related to space and the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in our own solar system. And as far as alien life – of the intelligent variety – within our solar system, Dr. Kaku has a rather weird hypothesis about it.

Where Alien Life Exists Within Our Solar System

Click here to continue and read more...

(Article by Lorenzo Tanos at The Inquisitr News)

Among all the species in the animal kingdom, octopuses are among the smartest and most fascinating. They have been known to make unbelievable escapes from secure aquariums into the ocean, and even been claimed to be capable of predicting the results of World Cup games. But did octopuses really get so smart because they descended from aliens? That was what several scientists suggested in a recent paper, but other researchers believe that it’s just too hard to take such a theory seriously, due to the sheer lack of evidence backing up these claims.

In a study published in the journal Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology, a team of researchers claimed that the many peculiarities of octopuses could be explained by possible alien origins, as the eggs of both squids and octopuses might have “arrived in icy bodies” hundreds of millions of years ago. The study was originally published in March, but was only covered in depth by media publications earlier this week.

Some one did a sci-fantasy book a while back, I cant remember the author but it showed various critters from outer space. Very creative! I think there was a History channel show featuring those critters animated. And it was from a twin strange space probe's perspective. :einstein: Very entertaining!

(Article by Aaron Homer at The Inquisitr News)

I think the good Dr. is at least in the right ballpark, but this is no home run. The answer is it depends on the planet this life arrises on, and nothing more. Low light and big eyes, heavy gravity and more hippo-like. Advanced creatures must be terrestrial (someone told me you can't work metal under water - I'm still trying to confirm this) because they will have to work metal... If they are advanced they will also likely need some sort of biologic instrument (think hands with dexterous digits). So, the Enterprise is in space doc, doc.
By the way, the TESS satellite will be providing details on any possible habitable exoplanets in the next few years and then the follow-up with the WEBB should put a near cap on what might be alive within the nearest 200,000 stars. Assuming we find sun-like stars with planets in the habitable zone and not red dwarfs as they emit lots of ultraviolet.
Responses to:
jrusteen@darkfieldexplorer.com

If you’ve ever wondered what aliens look like, your brain has likely defaulted to the image of the big-eyed, greenish, lanky creatures of comic books and M. Night Shyamalan movies. And while that may be true of intelligent life outside of our solar system (not that we have any definitive way of knowing – yet), if there’s intelligent life in our own solar system, it probably resembles the humble octopus, says Japanese physicist and space expert Michio Kaku.

As Cheatsheet reports, Dr. Kaku is the author of a new book, The Future of Humanity (see this Inquisitr report for more about the book and Dr. Kaku’s theories), that touches upon a variety of topics related to space and the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in our own solar system. And as far as alien life – of the intelligent variety – within our solar system, Dr. Kaku has a rather weird hypothesis about it.

Where Alien Life Exists Within Our Solar System

Michio Kaku is full of himself. I know, I've met him.
Look at our own planet and you will see that life is diverse.
Its even possible that alien intelligence may not be individual but a hive mind or a construct of some kind.
Its the fact that they manipulate their environment that is important, not what they manipulate it with.
For all we know, most intelligent life in the Universe might be single celled organisms acting in colonies.
We....Just....Don't...Know...

Even if we find an intelligent alien that is shaped like an octopus doesn't mean anything until we find multiple, separated alien races that are all shaped like octopi.

interestingly, the War of the Worlds aliens were molluscs.
as were the ones in Independence Day (based on)
bigfin.jpg
alien in tank.jpg

left is a Bigfin Squid. right is ID4 alien.
any similars???

Back