What Do You Believe?

What Do You Believe In?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's a lot going on around us that we might not be picking up on. To think that we are the only sentient beings in the galaxy or in the universe is laughable. There are things science can't always explain going on around us all the time. It stands to reason that human beings are going to have some strange beliefs. Learn more about some of the most widely held strange beliefs.
strange-beliefs.jpg

ghosts: no.
aliens: probably not.
psychic phenomena: no
cryptids: probably
afterlife: definitely.
mine is an old-school Biblical world view. I do believe in an unseen world around us with angels and demons and a great conflict between good and evil, in which we are battlefield as well as soldiers. somebody said the cold war was fought 'for the hearts and minds of men'; the spirit war we are in is for the souls of humans.

Aliens likely do exist given the size of the Universe and the Drake Equation but they are not what is portrayed in the "alien culture" in our media.
They will be ... alien. Like nothing, absolutely nothing, that we have encountered so far on this tiny ecologically isolated planet. No matter how strange life on this planet is, it is all life that evolved under the conditions related to this one planet in this star system.

Given the vast distances in space and the insignificance of our little planet in a common star system, aliens on this planet, for whatever reason you all might believe, is very unlikely.
There is nothing here that is not already abundant elsewhere, even life.

The human race is not advanced enough to draw attention over the distances and resolutions involved.
Something would have to be looking for us to find us and even if they are randomly searching, we produce nothing that is stronger than the output of our star so anything we might have or do will be washed out by the Sun.

Cryptids probably do exist because we don't know everything about ourselves, let alone our entire planet.

I see the rest as delusion.

I believe in the afterlife. As @screenersam had so nicely and eloquently worded,better than I can. Here goes, I have a strong faith, and believe that there is a heaven & a hell. That good & evil exists and that we are the soldiers fighting that war, so good prevails. Angels exist, that when we pass on we are judged by a higher power & not man. I am not naive enough to think we are alone in this world and that other beings exist, I don't know if film & television do aliens justice in how they look & act, idk. I would prefer to think that whatever is out there that they are a peaceful being and not a destructive one. This sounded better in my head than what I wrote I think.

Uh, I believe in other forms of life too, I reckon there is something like out there, the truith will make you free or something. I believe in the after life, im not sure what a cryptid is? I haven't seen any ghost, except the casper the friendly ghost series when I was a youngin', I reckon if I see anyone of these ill click a photo and go from there.....Yeup!
Beavis-and-Butt-Head-Season-8-Episode-2-Daughter-s-Hand-Tech-Support.jpg

I have always felt there is more to life than what we can perceive with the five senses. And my own personal experiences have only confirmed this as I have gotten older. Everything on this planet, and the universe, is in a state of transformation both physically and consciously so maybe we have not developed the technology or the sensory perception to interact with the more ethereal aspect of existence. After all, if you had told people 1000 years ago that there was a world of microbes, viruses, and atomic structures below our level of perception they would have taken you to the town square and burned you at the stake for heresy. Now we know this world exists and more so why limit ourselves.

I am glad we as people can let our minds be curious enough to at least entertain the notion that strange and/or unseen forces are operating on many levels. Also, each of us seemingly has one life to live and infinite things to know. Therefore, can logic and reason (especially as it pertains to personal experience) be the only way of analyzing our world? Sometimes the logical mind has to take a backseat (if only temporarily) in order to embrace the miraculous, high weirdness of our existence.

I have had my own limited experience with paranormal events (Synchronicity, UFO sightings, strange mist-like apparitions, electrical phenomena) and I can say definitively that these were real experiences that only enhanced my desire to know more about our world. Stay weird. Stay curious. And question everything!

Sorry for the long post. It is my first one ever!

What I find interesting is the fact that YOU believe these things.

One thing the human mind is very good at is creating a reality that explains the unexplained.

All is well and good as long as YOU are the only one experiencing them.
When push comes to shove, if it is unexplained, any rendition holds merit until the phenomenon is explained.
Problem that happens is when the phenomenon is explained, the reality is not accepted.

Bring me anything of alien origin and it can be tested, yet for all the 'encounters' not one single artifact has been presented for study?
This can't be rectified.
Even if you are completely powerless to move, there are details that could exist.
Until a means of validation is present, its all hearsay.
Hearsay is NOT PROOF.
Bring me proof.

Aliens likely do exist given the size of the Universe and the Drake Equation but they are not what is portrayed in the "alien culture" in our media.
They will be ... alien. Like nothing, absolutely nothing, that we have encountered so far on this tiny ecologically isolated planet. No matter how strange life on this planet is, it is all life that evolved under the conditions related to this one planet in this star system.

Given the vast distances in space and the insignificance of our little planet in a common star system, aliens on this planet, for whatever reason you all might believe, is very unlikely.
There is nothing here that is not already abundant elsewhere, even life.

The human race is not advanced enough to draw attention over the distances and resolutions involved.
Something would have to be looking for us to find us and even if they are randomly searching, we produce nothing that is stronger than the output of our star so anything we might have or do will be washed out by the Sun.

Cryptids probably do exist because we don't know everything about ourselves, let alone our entire planet.

I see the rest as delusion.
Aliens would be interested in our planet because it is rare. Thanks to Kepler we have seen that Earth is uncommon. We still don't know what is common for life bearing planets in terms of solar systems their in.

Aliens would be interested in our planet because it is rare. Thanks to Kepler we have seen that Earth is uncommon.
Hahaha, you base that assumption on Kepler, Dood that's freakin funny.

Number of superclusters in the visible universe = 10 million
star.gif
Number of galaxy groups in the visible universe = 25 billion
star.gif
Number of large galaxies in the visible universe = 350 billion
star.gif
Number of dwarf galaxies in the visible universe = 7 trillion
star.gif
Number of stars in the visible universe = 30 billion trillion (3x10²²)

Number of planets...hahahahahaha.
Rare, about as rare as atoms are.
Even if one in 5 BILLION are like Earth, Too many to count.
That's some funny stuff yer assuming.
Thanx fer the laugh.

Aliens would be interested in our planet because it is rare. Thanks to Kepler we have seen that Earth is uncommon. We still don't know what is common for life bearing planets in terms of solar systems their in.
the aliens come because they can't believe what humans are doing here. they think we are insane. as explained in South Park as well. Now that is synchronisity

the aliens come because they can't believe what humans are doing here. they think we are insane. as explained in South Park as well. Now that is synchronisity
That as good an explanation as any other.

Both South Park and Doctor Who had episodes where Earth and its inhabitants were just fodder for alien reality TV shows; that is not that far of a stretch from the theories that Earth is just an alien science experiment.

That as good an explanation as any other.

Both South Park and Doctor Who had episodes where Earth and its inhabitants were just fodder for alien reality TV shows; that is not that far of a stretch from the theories that Earth is just an alien science experiment.
yeah and one that has run away with evolution into something else entirely mental barely covers it

Back