What do you do as a job or want to do ?

In New Zealand 6th form is or was (They renamed everything afew years after I finished) The second to last year of high school..... Its also a term used in a lot of private secondary schools in commonwealth (or former) countries.

At Secondary atm, so i havn't really thought about it seriously. But if anything i would probably be doing Website designing with coding and stuff. Maybe in my part time design some flyers for companies. Or become a Keeper for England :P Don't see that happening though :(

Freshman at college in Computer Information Systems and Business majors

looking to get a job out of college at a big internet based company such as monster or google

But later on in life i plan on opening a car shop for exotic customs and all kinds of other cars

There are certain things in life that you can't go with out, and there are some things that you can go with out but may leave you longing for them. Obviously, food, water and shelter are the very basics a human being needs to survive in life. Add in companionship, happiness and some creature comforts and your quality of life can improve dramatically.

I know of too many people that chase after the big paycheck, because they are convinced that a lot of money is needed and that it will make you happier than somebody that doesn't have all the riches of the world. The truth is, I am a simple man with simple needs. I am not chained down by the burden of 'needing' to make $60k per year or better. There are a few key components that I question when evaluating whether or not a job or career is appealing to me, and they are as follows:

1). (regardless of pay) Do I enjoy my job?
2). Do I enjoy the company of my coworkers (if I have any)?
3). Am I earning a wage sufficient to providethe basics for myself and family?
4). At the end of the day, do I feel as if I have somehow comprimised myself in order to perform my duties at work?
5). This one is kind of moot for some people, but as an automobile and motorcycle enthusiast I find it important: Do I enjoy my commute to and from work?

At the moment, I provide person protection for the owners and executives of a $4.5 billion/year company. The family (as it is family owned and operated) are a diverse, but good bunch of people that I consider my friends. I have been with the company in various positions for several years and have not grown tired of the atmosphere I am exposed to; my working hours change every once in a while, but just enough to keep things interesting and fun. In my position I get to do a lot of driving in a company vehicle (2008 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 loaded to the gills), play with infared and night vison optics, carry a concealed handgun as well as openly carry a handgun if the situation warrants and always have access to a Remington 11-87 police issue 12 guage shotty. I have arrested people, provided support to local law enforcement and given tips that have lead to the capture, arrest and conviction of some pretty bad people. My prescence alone is often a deterant to theft, vandalism an would-be violent crimes and my response to any emergency situations is greatly appreciated by the people I am protecting. While on the job I have been the first on scene for several major accidents and have rendered potentially life-saving first aid to victims, as well as contacted emergency services and organized accident investigations. There are some quiet days/night on my job, but they serve as a reminder that my coworkers and I are doing and have done a good job in cleaning up the area we patrol.

I enjoy driving, shooting and keeping physically fit which makes my job perfect for me. The fact that I get to protect and save lives, thwart criminal activity and generally do good for the community appeal the intellectual side of me. I can't see myself doing anything else. And until I can, I will not comprimise myself by accepting any less.

Back