What do you do when you're upset?

neh, I think laughter is the best medicine. I never cry, I haven't cried in so long...Oh well! When your mad and you laugh, it just doesn't stop, because then you realize how stupid the things are, or you know...it's so damned funny you can't stop!

OO yeah that's good too. Depends if you're looking for comfort, pity, or redemtion. Comfort- chocolate, pity- depressing love movies, redemtion- laughter and a 5 hour phone call to your BFFAE

crazy spinster said:
i tend to stew and keep quiet and just not talk to anyone because i'm very afraid that i might say something that i'll regret. not exactly healthy to keep everything bottled up, i know, but i can't help it.

anyway, watching old reruns of whose line is it anyway can help to cheer me up sometimes. :smiley:
I'm the same way...I like to be alone and just go walking. It especially helps when it's cool and windy out...I like walking in that kind of weather! I'll also try and find ways to laugh....and Whose line always does that!

btvaughn said:
crazy spinster said:
i tend to stew and keep quiet and just not talk to anyone because i'm very afraid that i might say something that i'll regret.  not exactly healthy to keep everything bottled up, i know, but i can't help it.  

anyway, watching old reruns of whose line is it anyway can help to cheer me up sometimes.   :smiley:
I'm the same way...I like to be alone and just go walking. It especially helps when it's cool and windy out...I like walking in that kind of weather! I'll also try and find ways to laugh....and Whose line always does that!
well, that is what works for me when i'm upset, but sometimes instead i start raving to ppl or trying to do all my homework ferociously and then getting really stressed and starting to absolutely HATE myself, and what works best for me then is for some reason to make resolutions about being a better person. i know it sounds weird, but if i read a bunch of inspiring quotes (i love those uplifting quote books) and then i say "i want to become a great person not in terms of grades or academic accomplishments, but in brightening peoples days and making friends smile" and then i feel a lot better. it makes me realize that the stuff i'm upset about doesn't really matter. walking in nature does that too.

When I'm mad I go outside and talk to my horse!! Or I might go for a ride!! But if I can't go on a ride, I go in my room and write in my diary, or just read!!

Chocolate can always make a bad day better!! :D

My aunt sent my grandmother a funny card that said: No day is so bad that it can't be made better by a pint of ice cream.

Ice cream can make any day better!! :jump:

Well, it depends...When you get ice cream THROWN at you, that makes your day just great!! LMAO!! (me and my friends got in this big food fight and all we had was ice cream!!) but you know, if it gets all melted or drops on the floor...that ain't so great.. I still say laughter can bring anyone up!

i run. run run run run run. clears my head. then i take a nice loooong shower. i think so well there...then i usually feel better but if not? there's always chocolate and taped episodes of alias!

i come hee whne i get mad. away form the "real" world into alais world. lol. or i do something physical.. if i knew how to play the piano i would, but i dont.
~chanel :redhair:

I love running too! But allalias is awesome, because I can talk about how excited I was that Syd and Vaughn kissed...and no one gives me crazy looks!
Reading a romance book is my other cure! ;)

Back