What Do You Listen To?

Zink

Cadet
Always looking for new music or to see what others listen to....
What do you listen to?
I'll start off with a few of my favorite artists :D
Slick Rick
Eric B and Rakim
J-Live
J.Rawls
Black Sheep
Blackmore's Night
the Adolescents
Rancid
Black Flag
Shakey Bones
Fang
Operation Ivy
etc...
What about you?

There's still a tidbit of life on these boards!

Slipknot
Stone Sour
Dry Kill Logic
five Finger Death Punch
Darkest Hour
Ill Nino
Shadows Fall
Silent Civilian
Spineshank
Static X

Three Days Grace
Trapt
Trust Company

Dir En Grey
Utada Hikaru

Gaming Soundtracks

That's my quick list

I listen to almost everything- no rap, country, or jazz, but everything else: from classical to classic rock to alternative, metal (power, gothic, and symphonic), techno, game remixes, celtic, new age, synthpop, etc.

My favorite groups:
Nightwish
Kamelot
Sonata Arctica
Bella Morte
Green Day
Metallica
Edguy/Advantasia
Therion

Other notable groups/composers:
Guns N'Roses
Moody Blues
Endanger
Monofader
Ramstein
Yes
Loreena Mckennit
Vivaldi
Linkin Park

Kamelot haha. I went through a phaze with them awhile back had a Pandora station devoted to them and similar stuff.

sure Zink.
Normally, I get a lot of felgercarb (on forums) when I mention Slipknot. Sooo many people dislike them. I've read hate threads and threats because of there dislike...never understood why other then hearing "they're not metal"

Yeah, I listen to mostly everything, from every genre (not sub genre), so I get a lot of felgercarb about a lot of stuff I listen to. And why give people felgercarb for what they like to listen to? You don't listen to it or like it, but that doesn't mean I can't. :D I get plenty of felgercarb for liking that very first album by Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory).

Oni:
I have to admit I can't take a lot of Slipknot, but I do have a few of their songs thrown in my collection- Wait and Bleed is probably my favorite.

Zink:
I agree with you about not bothering people about what they listen to. Just because I don't understand how someone can like country doesn't mean I give them any grief about it. I don't like it or understand it so I just don't say anything about it at all.
Also, Hybrid Theory- great album.

As far as Kamelot goes- they are without a doubt the best concert I've ever been to... ok the best two concerts I've ever been to. They deliver. They pour so much energy into the concert that Roy Khan (lead singer) was literally flat on his back on the stage by the end of the 2 hour concert. Edguy opening for Kamelot last year was a dangerous combination- two bands who know how to get the crowd whipped up and don't let you drop for even a moment. I plan on seeing them again when they make their yearly visit to a local small (but excellent) nightclub (400-ish people). I've also seen Nightwish, Therion, Bella Morte, and Sonata Arctica there- most of them more than once.

edit:
Hmm, I'm God-like now... funny I don't feel any different...
*focuses on trying to smite something... fails*
Hey Zink, how am I supposed to use these god-like abilities?

Oni:
I have to admit I can't take a lot of Slipknot, but I do have a few of their songs thrown in my collection- Wait and Bleed is probably my favorite.

Wait and Bleed is my #1 favorite song by them.

I concur, I thought Hybrid Theory was a great album, along with Meteora.

I agree completely, I don't understand what people have wrong with those albums. More that they don't WANT to like it than they don't enjoy it...

I have a theory about human behavior: we used to be exceedingly territorial because keeping a strong hold on an area of land, food, fresh water, etc meant survival. Now we live in a world where everything is jumbled and most people don't have a "territory" larger than an apartment or small plot of land and even that doesn't have our livelihoods or food sources in it. So we tend to stake out territories in other things- in brands names, music, tv shows, sports teams, etc- and we defend those as though they were really imporant. So it naturally follows that we tear down those things we don't like (and the people who use/like them) as though they were a threat to us because they compete with the things we like. Just a theory.

I like that theory...and even if it isn't true it is still a good theory. We live in a far too judgemental society these days...

Back