Politics What do you make of this.......

I think that being goth is great. I don't think I am goth, because I don't wear black all the time (a lot of the time though), and I don't listen to goth bands, unless you count Evanescence or Green Day. But, I would most definetly turn goth, and there is nothing wrong with being goth. It's sad that this list looks like it might not be a joke.

PS: My fave Syd & Vaughn outfits are when they are goth, like in my avatar, or in this pic... sometime in season three

You cannot pin down conclusively what 'goth' or being 'goth' is. I listen what could be turned goth music ie , ebm/industrial/electronica, and i do dress is a 'kinda wierd way when i go out to 'goth' clubs'

why are they scared of it anyway, i'm proud.
Why stereotype people.
Why why why why why why why why? GRRRRR i am going to go eat some count dracula cereal and listen to placebo...

-Frequently wears black clothing.
[post="1121030"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Quote: I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker colour.
Uh oh...and those poor kids who go to a school with a black uniform, lol.
-Wears bandand/or rock t-shirts.
Noooooooooooooooo!!! This mean I cant wear my 'God Loves You' by the Brothers of Jesus album cover T-Shirt anymore.....Nooooooooooooo!
:rolleyes:

-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
How do you measure 'excessive', lol.

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak
eccentrically.
Oh dear...

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or
anything else that involves Satan.
This newsletter sure contains a lot of Satan...

-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of
self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses
pain to detract from the light of God and His love.
Please seek immediate attention for this at your local
mental health center.)
Way for the church to make situations like depression worse...declare them as evil...
-Complains of boredom.
Maybe if they weren't made to sit through sermons...
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
Insomnia and sleeping patters are evil...lol.
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form
of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the
idea that His light is of no use.)
Ahh, the evils of disliking somthing that burns, can cause skin cancer, and can be uncomfortable.

-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
Teenagers? Wanting privacy? They must be conversing with the devil...
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so
that your child may speak to evil sprits through
meditation.)
Too funny!
-Insists on spending time with friends
while unaccompanied by an adult.
Back in the day, teenagers frequently went out to the cinema, clubs and shopping with their friends...they were always accompanied by an adult though...
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a
few examples of this.
Ha ha ha...
-Misbehaves at school.
ditto
-Misbehaves at home.-.
ditto
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.
GOTH RELATED FOODS...too funny! Parents, take notice: wholesome cereals include "Crunchy Crosses" "Poppin' Prophets" and the our favourite, "Rice Reverends".
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources.
(Ask your local church for proper programs that your
child may watch.)
Media? Corrupted? Never! I mean look at this fantastic newsletter...
-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature
Role playing nature...alas, poor Pac-Man, no longer should I control your movement.
.-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the
computer.
Ah well...
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.

-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.

-Expresses an interest in sex.

-Masturbates

-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include:
Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca,
Hinduism and Buddhism.
Who wrote this?

I could read this all day...:lol: Sex-Dwarf, that is too funny...and sad

Jai :rain:

OK I get the feeling that this letter isn't just about goths. They wrote things that are goth-like (ie dark clothes, vampires, etc), but in the middle they have little things that the church frowns upon (masturbation, homosexuality). So really this is the church trying to tell parents things that almost every teen does (ie masturbation, boredom, wants to be alone) and wraps in the statement 'If your teenager has 5 or more of these traits, they are a goth!'

:angry: Can't the Church just agree to disagree with somethings, and not attack them? 🇳🇴

What's next? 'Your teen talks to friends on the phone, wants to have their own room, wants to learn how to drive, eats, has a job, ....' <-- Then they're a goth!

Well, since apparently I'm goth because this church says so, I'm glad to be so. I eat Count Dracula cereal, I wear 'excessive' amounts of black makeup, I request time alone, I don't want an adult accompaning me with my friends, I wear band t-shirts, I associate with other 'goth' people, I watch cable tv (really, is Blue's Clues evil?), I'm Wiccan (LoL that's a big one), and the list goes on and on.

So, I'm a goth. Shoot me, why don't you? ;)

Im sorry, im still laughing from that whole thing. I know ive already posted but... you just have to stop and take a minute to ADMIRE the HILARIOUSNESS of that article.

Its a thing of beauty people. You dont get articles like that every day.
Admire it.

Also? HA!!! Some more!!

OH please! someone lock me up in a mental institution! I'm a goth! I need to be helped!!! :rotflmao: hahahaha oooohh man. and I totally loved the ceral part. I think the cereal part is just the greatest. :lol: :rotflmao: and for their information, black is slimming, not gothic. :lol:
--Mandy :angelic:

Back