What Do You Play?

i play the violin, indian classical style. its cool, you sit on the floor and put it facing down. very cool
i sing
i dance
i wonder if JG or MV play anything

vaughneya said:
i play the violin, indian classical style. its cool, you sit on the floor and put it facing down. very cool
i sing
i dance
i wonder if JG or MV play anything
I've seen the indian violin being played before!!! at my friend's arengatrum (sp?)...it was really interesting!! and the dance was too!!

I play the flute... 11 years and counting. Also, the piccolo... 7 years and counting... Used to practice 2 hours a day... then studying and work took over my life. :(
I also sing... though mostly in my car. I have finally got up the nerve to try out for a musical in the spring.
I've always wanted to play piano... I sort of taught myself last year. And the acoustic guitar... my uncle has one... but I just don't have the hands for it. I have impossibly small hands.

11 years???? I cant knack the violin and piano for 11 years!!! I wanna quit but my MOTHER wont let me...

It's sad when I think that over half of my life has been spent playing the flute. I tried quitting once, but my parents threw a fit. However, this year, I'm not taking private lessons (for the first time in 10 years!) nor am I in a band (for the first time in 11 years!)... so it's almost like quitting... only I plan on going back. I think I'm addicted. I think of it this way... if I had kept doing ballet, this would be my 16th year doing it. But I got my way on THAT, so 11 years of flute isn't that bad. ;)

I've played the violin for three years.. I think I'm pretty good, I mean, I'm 3rd chair in my school orchestra, and I was in All City orchestra last year. (Didn't try out this year.) I don't take lessons, but the people who are 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th chair in the school orchestra all do.

My friend tried to teach me the basics for the clarinet and flute, but I can't make any noise come out of the, no matter what I do.. -sigh-

I know how to play, piano, recorder, xylophone metaliphone (I think that's how it's spelled) and a german instrument. I don't know how to spell it but it's said like this: glah-ken-spiel.

I've been playing piano since I was 4.5 and I'm still playing. The xylophone, mataliphone, and the german instrument are easy to play. They're just bar instruments. The recorder is easy too.

You can count my voice if you want b/c I take singing lessons...sorta. I'm actually in my class choir. My singing teacher taught the whole choir how to play all the instruments I play, except piano. I have a different teacher for that.

I wasn't forced to sing or play the instruments. If I wanna quit... my parents are okay with that. They don't like forcing people.

Oh, and for you guys who are forced to play... you don't do very well, do you? And if someone is forced to do something...they don't do very well b/c they don't have a purpose. You only do well if you have a purpose or goal.

Everyone seems talented! I played the violin for two years. And then I tried piano for a bit and it was great, but I couldn't really read music, so I gave up.

I played Baratone (it's smaller than a tuba but looks the same), Trombone, drums, String Bass, and I tried French Horn but I didn't like it much. My favorite is the Trombone and the String Bass, they're just cool, or at least I think so.

Krazed :ninja:

alias8000 said:
I know how to play, piano, recorder, xylophone metaliphone (I think that's how it's spelled) and a german instrument. I don't know how to spell it but it's said like this: glah-ken-spiel.
Lol, this music teacher (who had been teaching there for ages and had a rep for scaring newcomwers and 8thgraders) who taught us in 7th grade would be having a fit if we 4got how to spell glockenspiel, she's not there anymore though, i think the long service leave had something to do with that.

Anyway, there are heaps of musically talented ppl here....i used to play clarinet when i was 8, but i quit a couple of years later, simply cuz i got tired of blowing, then i did a bit of piano, but then my piano teacher got engaged and moved to the city so i had no teacher and still don't have a teacher, but i never got taught theory, i never knew about it till i talked to my friend. (talk about uninformed). Now i just play a little on the keyboard from time to time.

Now i just wanna learn guitar and drums

i remember there being a post like this before the crash, so i thought i'd bring it back! i play the flute, piccolo, alittle piano and im a soprano!! :D
what do you play or sing? are you in a band?(rock or orchestra?lol)

Back