What Do You Play?

Victoria King said:
wow there are alot of flute playing sopranos! i dont feel so alone!LOL, i was so excited at districts all my groups got straight ones! (symphony band, chorale, adn womens chorus!) and on one me and this other girl had to hold a high A for twenty four counts then trill up to a high C then hold a B for twenty counts, it took sooo much out of me but is so much fun and we nailed it! so i was happy,after we got off stage we were both water need water!LOL!!did anyone else go to districts with their band or choir?
YEs I went, the district festival is held at our school. Were the second band and we got straight ones. We were playing some tough music for good bands. We also did sight reading. Do you do any of that?

I play the trumpet. Im ok, im in the middle band. The school I go to has one of the top 50 music programs in the nation. They won a grammy i think.

Hey, so did my old HS! I think we ended up in the top 25 or 10 or whatever. This was back in... 99 or 2000, I think. The entire music department got our picture on a plaque.

My piano teacher made me cry all the time so I quit. I was almost done grade 9 piano. Now that I don't take lessons I love playing the piano, especially when I am under a lot of stress.

oh oh *raises hand* Flute soprano here!!! even though my school doesn't have a choir i LOVE to sing!!!! and play my flute!!!! i want to learn the piccolo, but i dont' really feeling like spending 200 bucks getting one. *shrugs* and my school only have one pic and some one is already playing it. the only bad thing is that i have to get up at 5:30 to get to school at 6:45 so my dad won't have to be late for work. now imagine doing that 4 days a week. And i self teach myself piano. I can play fairly well for sumone who dont' take lessons...
--Mandy :angelic:

OKAY I NEED HELP!!!! Since everyone here plays an instrument i'm assuming that you're all good at music so i need a lot of help. I have an 100 marks music assignment that i'm stuck on. So if anyone would be kind enough to pm me and help me???
--Mandy :angelic:

A lot of ppll seem to play the piano like me but I don't find that surprising. One thing that sucks is that I'm not as good as I should be. I can't read fast and I can't even remember all the names of everything like all the simple stuff. My piano teacher thinks if I could improve on all those weak spot that I could be a very talented piano player. I feel so bad that I'm moving so slow in piano when my friends who started like a year or two ago are like almost as good or even equal to how good I am. I feel so awful. Sorry that this was random but I had to let it out.

i play piano, viola, guitar, bass, a tad bit of flute... well more like 3 notes, but, hey, it's all good
i'm an alto, but not a good one...

Piano-I've been playing that for about 4 1/2 years, this will be my 5th year playing.

Clarinet-This is the instrument I started out on in regular school band, I was actually good at it. I've been playing it 4 years. I haven't played it recently though, so I'm not as fast as I used to be at it. :P

Alto Saxophone-I switch instruments my 8th grade year in band, I got tired of playing the Clarinet so I switched to the Saxophone. Though it's a pain to play in marching band, way cooler in jazz. B) I've been playing it for about 2 years.

Recorder-Those little annoying flute-like instruments. I found them annoying but we were required to learn how to play them in our music class. Imagine 20 kids blowing their little hearts out into the recorders, ugh. high pitched flutes. I've played it off and on, not too good at it though. :S

I've been wanting to learn guitar, I've been wanting to save up for a guitar, but other things come first. So I've been procrastinating it for awhile. :P

I used to play the piano, the clarinet, and the drums... but i quit the piano and clarinet a couple years ago cause i couldn't honestly devote my time to 3 different instruments... so now i just play the drums. but i play them like every minute of my life, so i dont think im missing too much. haha

Back