What do you think when I say Sweden?

Whoa! :blink: Not all of us are like that. Not even here in Helsinki, even though I must admit I recognise the phenomenon you're referring to. ;) You know there's this saying: "Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life." I guess Finns are just putting that into practice.
Of course he is. Everyone knows that...right? :thinking:

I love it here in Helsinki, otherwise I wouldn't stay. Since I'm really homesick at the moment, then I'm more aware of the bad things ;). That will be cured after I get my yearly visit back home (hopefully I'll be back for christmas!). What part of town do you live in? I'm in Töölö :D

fingers sliding down the piano keys (from high to low), glistening voices "ah"-ing along and then, "You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life. Oo, see that girl, watch that scene, diggin the Dancing Queen" of course they are in their tight, colorful outfits as usual.

then i think of their brilliant and now famous promo video director Lasse Hallström and that leads me to his wife, Lena Olin.

of course, we never thank the Swede's enough for Volvo and Ikea.

I love it here in Helsinki, otherwise I wouldn't stay. Since I'm really homesick at the moment, then I'm more aware of the bad things ;). That will be cured after I get my yearly visit back home (hopefully I'll be back for christmas!). What part of town do you live in? I'm in Töölö :D

My minimalistic flat is located in Pukinmäki, about 10 km north of the centre. And I actually feel quite comfortable here. :smiley: So, I see you travel a lot. I wish I could do that too but its just that, well, you don't go very far solely relying on your study grants. :nonono:

My minimalistic flat is located in Pukinmäki, about 10 km north of the centre. And I actually feel quite comfortable here. :smiley: So, I see you travel a lot. I wish I could do that too but its just that, well, you don't go very far solely relying on your study grants. :nonono:

I know Pukinmäki! One of my best friends lived there for many year but she just moved away. Went to many parties there :P

I know Pukinmäki! One of my best friends lived there for many year but she just moved away. Went to many parties there :P

No surprise. :D After I moved in I've probably been in more parties in a single month than I were in a whole year before it. But in my case that's most likely just a side effect of studying. The student clubs were very active in arranging different kinds of "educational" activities for us in the beginning. ;)

No surprise. :D After I moved in I've probably been in more parties in a single month than I were in a whole year before it. But in my case that's most likely just a side effect of studying. The student clubs were very active in arranging different kinds of "educational" activities for us in the beginning. ;)

Btw, are you watching seaosn 4 alias on nelonen, or have you seen it already & watching season 5 now? I'm on season 5 & so far I hate it (n) (I'm also rewatching season 4 on thursday nights LOL)

Btw, are you watching seaosn 4 alias on nelonen, or have you seen it already & watching season 5 now? I'm on season 5 & so far I hate it (n) (I'm also rewatching season 4 on thursday nights LOL)

I'm still on season 4. Watching it obsessively every thursday night. :P I've tried to keep myself spoiler free and not to watch S4 nor S5 before they air here. However, the overall reaction to season 5 I have encountered without having to go into spoilers hasn't looked very bright. And that's pretty sad.

I'm still on season 4. Watching it obsessively every thursday night. :P I've tried to keep myself spoiler free and not to watch S4 nor S5 before they air here. However, the overall reaction to season 5 I have encountered without having to go into spoilers hasn't looked very bright. And that's pretty sad.

Okay, I won't give anything away then ;). I must say I also hated season 3 in the beginning, but grew to love it, so there is still hope for season 5 :smiley:

I have sauna every thursday night at 21.00 and usually get out by 22.00, just in time to watch alias! I've been watching every season twice LOL

I don´t think this thread is about Sweden anymore... :P sure you can chat but please not here.... ^_^
Well that's just how conversations go. They start with one topic and eventually lead into another and another, etc..... :rolleyes:

We're not harming anyone. Really, what's the big freakin' deal?

Astrid Lindgren(Pippi Longstocking)
PIPPI LANGSTRUMPHE!!!!

I thnk of all the Sven's out there: The ski intructors, the massues and the blonde hotties lol

Anji

OMG I was watching the 50 years of Eurovision special and what do ya know ABBA has officially the greatest Eurovision song ever which I think is true and no one can ever beat it!

Is it just me or is Europe really expensive? coz downunder when things are like $2 it's like $6 aussie dollars for the same thing in Europe. Is there a reason for thing being so expensive?

OMG I was watching the 50 years of Eurovision special and what do ya know ABBA has officially the greatest Eurovision song ever which I think is true and no one can ever beat it!

Is it just me or is Europe really expensive? coz downunder when things are like $2 it's like $6 aussie dollars for the same thing in Europe. Is there a reason for thing being so expensive?

yea that´s so cool ABBA won hee :lol:

well, it is not that expensive here....well in the BIG citys like Stockholm, Malmö &Gothenburg it is expensive to live......but I know it is expensive to live in other contries in Europe...and maybe that´s cuz of EU (European Union) ^_^

When I think of Sweden I think of my room, cuz I have loads of stuff from IKEA..eg my couch :P
Then I think of my cupboard, my schoolbag, dif earrings and many more cuz I'm H&M obsessed. Seriously, it's kinda funny to see kids in Germany all dressed in H&M clothes :P But they are jsut so cool LOL

Then I think of Pippi Langstrumpf (I don't know her name in English sry), and Astrid Lindgren in general, and ABBA and many other things...^^

Oh, and if I can't think of Lena, can I think of Lasse Hallström?! :lol: and Peter Stormare etc.

In the episode "The Telling", Irina mentions the restaurant "Välsmakande" isn't that actually a restaurant in Stockholm ?

No, Irina mentions the CLUB "Välsmakande". Not a restaurant. ;)

I'm pretty sure this club doesn't exist in Sweden. I searched around and couldn't find anything about any club in Sweden called that.

Oh, and the word "Välsmakande"? Sweden would NEVER call a club "Välsmakande"! It's very very very dorky. I think most clubs have english names actually.

Whoever came up with "Välsmakande", it was incredibly stupid and surreal. :P

"Välsmakande" means..um..I can't an exact word for it..It means that something tastes good. So I guess.."Welltasted" or "Goodtasted" or something . :P

Back