GFX What do you use?

Zink

Cadet
Just wondering what all of you guys use to make sigs or graphics or just fool around editing suff. I know my mom's boyfrind was excellent at photoshop sigs.

Photoshop. Eventually I'll upgrade to CS2 *drool* when I start working on serious visual editing/ preparations to assemble my roleplaying core book.

Though the background for this sig was generated with Apophysis 2.02 (a free fractal program)

If you mean scientific fractals that's pretty cool. I've been looking for a good inexpensive book on them. (I know yoyu probably don't)

PSP8 / Photoshop / The sorted Corel programs I have.
I could use Photoshop for just everything, but I still honestly believe that Paint Shop Pro's compression for gif and jpeg images is the best out there.

Yep. Apophysis is a really easy to use program that starts off with what's called a flame. It's a randomly generated base image that you can modify. You can generate as many of those as you want until you find a good starting point, then either by editing the equations directly, or playing with variables through graphical representations and distortion options, you can craft your image.

The image I use as my avatar is also a fractal I created. I just dabble with the program, some people are so intensely good at it it's sick. Though alot of the well made fractals use much better programs like UltraFractal.

Aeires User Profile | DeviantArt This guy is my favorite fractal artist.

Back