What does Jennifer mean to you?

I'd like to know what Jennifer Garner means to everyone who visits AllAlias.com.

For me, when I look at the overall big picture away from the Internet (watching the news and other programs on TV, reading the papers, going out and about), a lot of what I see and hear going on around me and elsewhere in the world can get to be a bit much at times (rising crime, public scandals [political, religious and corporate], terrorism, etc.) and can be pretty depressing at times.

For the times when I feel as though life might get overwhelming (and who hasn't felt that way at times?), I'll take a break and go do something for myself, whatever I can do to give myself a lift (not drugs or alcohol, of course); one of those things would be to get a Jennifer Garner fix, whether by watching Alias on TV (or putting on one of my Alias DVDs), putting a JG movie on my DVD player, or visiting IMDB, AllAlias.com or jen-garner.net to look over JG photos and visit the forums.

Watching Jennifer on TV, in the movies or on the Web is a pretty good way for me to spend a few hours a week, to get away from real life and to replace the relative ugliness of real world events (as mentioned in the first paragraph) with some beauty (what Jennifer represents, as is no doubt well-documented here), to put a smile back on my face and get me ready for the world the next day. :syd1: :D

Anyway, hope I didn't depress anyone here (lol) - but what significance does she (the actress, the person) have to you?

At the end of last year (end of school) in our year book sort of thing, we had to write who our idol was! I chose Jen as mine! She's strong, intelligent, beautiful, funny and kind! Like you said, when i want to get away, i come on the net and ensconce myself in all things Jen!!

She is an inspiration to all women in how she goes about her life! She truely is my idol!!

For the record, you totally didn't depress me!! ;)

I totally count Jennifer as my idol. Shes gorgeous, but doesnt let it go to her head, shes a brilliant actress, shes smart, funny, and a complete goofball.
She always me laugh whenever i see talk shows or whatever, and she seems so down to earth.
Seriously, i may be in love. (in a completely looking up to someone way of course, as a mentor and idol. Not that theres anything wrong with the other way!).

I also count Jennifer as a role model. She doesn't let the fame get to her head, she is so down-to-earth, she's gorgeous, but she doesn't flaunt it....I just love her....shes the bees knees.

I love the fact that Jen is so simple. Usually, when people really hit Hollywood, they become all arrogant and think they're the greatest people on earth and expect everyone to serve them. Jen's not like that. She's pretty humble.

Dark Avenger, I so agree with you as you especially since we echo the same feelings when we're on IMDB battling those jealous, mean, JG-hating trolls :rolleyes: . She is definitely a breath of fresh air in this media industry where egos just blow up big time. She is truly special to me and will be the one celeb that will always have a special place in my heart because of her caring,sweet,down-to-earth personality. Not to mention, since I'm a straight guy, she is so adorable with her eyes/smile/dimples that it hurts.

May Jen have a consistently wonderful life forever. :D

Before i met my girlfriend Kat, JG was the only woman in my life. I have never been so obsessed with a celebrity figure before, but she's totally irresistible. She's not only totally gorgeous, with the most beautiful graceful classic looks, but she has a beautiful body and the most amazing personality to go with it. She is so humble which is what makes her so special and she is a true inspiration to everyone, not just women. She works so hard and never complains, she doesn't share her personal life with everyone and she's just the most wonderful woman. My life, and the world would be a lot emptier without JG in it. There...

This is one deep thread :D
As all you have already said she is so simple down to earth etc.. Thats why shes cool she doesn't seem like your typical hollywood b****. Oh yeah and shes fuggin hot!

You know... I think she's a pretty good person, but I don't worship her. :P She's just another person in the world to me. She just happens to be a great actress, too. :P I really respect her for staying so strong with all of the rumors that have been around in the past and all... but I don't think of her as a role model for my own reasons, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't freak out if I saw her in person. :P

id freakin freak out too!

i dont go looking for JG trolls it gets me upset... i cry, lol i know its childish but im 15 and i need an idol and she is it and people bad mouth her when they dont have to it upsets me.

like, they hate her yet they make boards and talk about her???? i dont get it.

i have this little friend in yr 9, he calls her jenny. its so cute.

Hmm.. I think the best way for me to answer this is to simply post a letter I sent her... This is the rough draft of the letter I mailed to Jennifer with the 'good luck' package I sent her for the 2004 Emmy's.
---------------------------------------------
Dear Ms. Garner,
I’ve been sitting here trying to figure out how to start this without sounding like a complete nutcase of a fan. Obviously, I’m a huge fan of yours… not the kind of fan that will buy a piece of your used bubblegum on eBay, but rather, the kind of fan that is awed by your talent and inspired by your life. In essence, you’re the quintessential role model, whether you see yourself as such or not. I mean, I’m 23 years old, just finishing up college, and trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. Already, by your early thirties, you have shown a true capacity to overcome and persevere. You’ve shown an amazing sense of drive; through your career and personal life; and most importantly, you’ve done it all with an unrivaled grace. What more could you ask for in a role-model?
Truly, I have never seen someone who can be so many things: girlishly cute and playful, the girl next door, vulnerable and sensitive, a complete kick-ass tough chick, classy and graceful, and still be capable of oozing sex appeal. Not only are these the characteristics you embody on ALIAS; but most, if not all, apply to you as a person. Of course you have amazing talent, but there’s also something very innate about it. Nobody could ever replicate that.
The basic reason for sending you this gift is simply to show you that your fans are thinking about you and wish you the best of luck. That applies during Emmy night, and all that follows. Also though, it’s about a person trying to get a message to someone who inspires them. You are a star in every sense of the word - a celebrity for sure, but also a person with the capacity to shine a little light in this world.
I can only imagine how awkward it is to have fans gush about you, but it‘s simply that we are so awed by you we don‘t know how to describe it without sounding a little off-center… if that makes any sense. To summarize, as a fan, I adore you; but as a person, I simply admire and respect you. That’s something I hope you understand… that people don’t love you because you’re a celebrity… They love you because you’re a good person with an undeniable spirit.

Sincerely and Best Wishes,
Carol L.
Am I a total Geek? Yes! But I'm proud :lol:

Carol, I think you've summed up the general spirit of how we all feel about Jennifer (the person beyond the celebrity) very eloquently. :D :syd4:

I'll bet that Jennifer was really touched when she got and read your letter; even though she gets tons of them, I think it makes her feel good knowing how many of her fans feel toward her the way her family, friends and acquaintences do.

Thanks guys :blush: I just hope she actually got it.. or at least one the ABC mailroom hermits read it and passed it along/told her about it :thinking: But, I'll never know for sure... :confused:

Back