What faction will you be backing?

BrianE

Cadet
I have a lot of interest in the gear faction, but will probably stay true to my roots and go nature.

A gearknight, troubled by the damage unwise use of gear can damage the world, seeks to come to balance with nature and responsible gear use.... or something like that

Eeeek!!! I'm a fansite administrator and I don't even know all 3 of the factions! Quick someone update me!

Gearsmiths (gear), Arcanum(magic), Kinnaes (nature) the Trimuvirate(sp) is a council between the three factions to *try* and work together

Awsome, thanks for the info. I thought the triumverate wasn't a faction, but just a collaberation of all 3. Kind of like a council to keep the peace which will eventually fail becuase people love drama in a game. Why not have war in-game? More fun.

Anyways, I'll probably be backing the Arcanum figuring I am going Wizard/Necromancer, or Healer/Cleric.

I thought the triumverate wasn't a faction, but just a collaberation of all 3

This is correct, as simu describes it, the Triumverate is like the UN

This is correct, as simu describes it, the Triumverate is like the UN

The UN huh? So actually, if a certain faction is acting out of line, the Triumverate could actually intervene on a situation, and TRY to restore order? Sounds interesting. Hopefully we can get some more information on this soon!

I myself am definitely going Kinnae, those other factions look down on the glorious kitty people! We will rule over all of the oceans for fish, and all fields with catnip!

Originally posted by Tanaria@Mar 2 2006, 02:17 AM
I myself am definitely going Kinnae, those other factions look down on the glorious kitty people! We will rule over all of the oceans for fish, and all fields with catnip!
I have to say I got a pretty good laugh about that. Lets hope though that you do become the faction leader so our faction would be able to dominate yours as you strive for the secret Kitty Litter! Only playing!

If I manage to play a character seriously, I'm pretty sure he'd one of two posibilities:

1) Arcanum-faction Mistfolk Ilwari Wizard-Necromancer, or whatever the most magical combination available is, ignoring physical stuff as much as feasible

2) Some really bizarre contradiction like Feral Suwari Necromancer-Healer in in the Gearsmith faction.

Goat

Originally posted by GOAT@Mar 4 2006, 06:39 AM
If I manage to play a character seriously, I'm pretty sure he'd one of two posibilities:

1) Arcanum-faction Mistfolk Ilwari Wizard-Necromancer, or whatever the most magical combination available is, ignoring physical stuff as much as feasible

2) Some really bizarre contradiction like Feral Suwari Necromancer-Healer in in the Gearsmith faction.

Goat
I have to say that you have to be one of the most unique class / race combination besides the stoneborn people above. What do you mean by "Play your character seriously"? Don't have time? :(

Hopefully I'll be too engrossed in coding to play a character all that often :smiley:

Also, in MUDs I've coded at before, once I have the theoretical power to conjure up a godlike character it sort of saps my desire to work for that next level. Though if a game turns out to be that enjoyable, I still might.

Originally posted by GOAT@Mar 4 2006, 08:34 PM
Hopefully I'll be too engrossed in coding to play a character all that often :smiley:

Also, in MUDs I've coded at before, once I have the theoretical power to conjure up a godlike character it sort of saps my desire to work for that next level. Though if a game turns out to be that enjoyable, I still might.
Goat, theres no excuses you've already been recruited into whatever guild me, shadow, and silver make. I guess that would also include pretty much anyone else who wanted to join on these forums! As long as you have a sense of humor :smiley:.

Hmmm I havnt read up on it yet entirely so Whatever Supports a Warrior... Gear im guessing... Too many people count on Magix... Give me a "Silver Longsword with an Onyx gem set in the hilt +3" over "Magic Missle" any day B) D&D owns ..

*runs off to scrape sticky green stuff off the bathroom floor to put in his Gatorade*

DONT ASK!

Probably Kinnaes, though possibly Arcanum. I mean....half the reason I'm drawn to HJ is because the forests are so verdant and alive looking. Being a defender of the leafy green pixels seems like a sensible agenda. :D

Originally posted by Foxeye@Mar 15 2006, 05:07 PM
Probably Kinnaes, though possibly Arcanum. I mean....half the reason I'm drawn to HJ is because the forests are so verdant and alive looking. Being a defender of the leafy green pixels seems like a sensible agenda. :D
I think everyone is kind of undecided like you :smiley:

Back