What feature are you looking forward to?

F

frostydf2

Well, the topic asked the question. So I guess I'll answer it.

I'm looking forward to the role playing, and the PvP. Supposedly HJ is implementing a PvP system never done before, and if its good.. I want to participate! Hopefully some type of 'capture' system where youc an take over towns, villas, cities.

100% the character customization. I recently bought CoV (City of Villains) and I love making my hero. Customization is something MMO's are lacking and there can never be enough of.

Roleplaying. I'm seriously hoping that there is a very strong - tight knit, roleplaying community, that's what will hold my interest for a long time...

I think at least a good chunk of us GMs are hoping the RP is good.

I know I am.. I like a game with a good sense of community.. Especially if I don't have to always rely on it. (soloing.. I like to hunt alone)

Role playing and the character customizing. :P They will really go hand in hand and enable you to create a character who isn't a cookie cutter type that you can really role play with.

I'm looking forward to a few things:

1. Character Customization: I've never felt totally connected to a character I've made. I'm not a Pen & Paper type either, so writing out 2-4 paragraphs of text to describe my character actually causes me to fall asleep. ... I'm a terrible writer. Thus, I want something I can visualize, and make my own, like I visualize in my head.

2. Solo content: I like groups, and I love my guildmates... however, my characters tend to be solo'ers who wander the world. When they are after something, my character looks up friends and asks them to journey with him to do a quest, or plunder a village of dragon like critters, etc. Besides, it's about my Hero's Journey, not the Fellowship of the Ring ;)

3. Roleplay value: I do not want to be told how to roleplay, I don't want a hardcore RP environment. I want to continue to learn to RP, but I want to RP how I feel comfortable in doing so. If it's a job to play the game then I best be getting paid to play it. I loved the fact that the ARK's would RP events and no character had "run" on, their characters walked from place to place, and *that* took a long time. The game made you feel like you were the oddball if you didn't RP, and RP was not forced on anyone, and no one gave you an odd look if you didn't... they just ignored you or told you to go away.

4. Overall customization: I really really loved Anarchy Online's character clothing customization. Everything you did, seems to enhance or detract from the RP value.

~ Jaraeth

The Quest system with it's personal stories

Being able to group with my friends and not worrying about "working" to stay up to par with them.

Getting back into a game that has a good story and good community to make it grow.

Having fun with my character(s). :lol:

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana+May 17 2006, 06:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Diviana @ May 17 2006, 06:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jaraeth@May 18 2006, 12:30 AM
Besides, it's about my Hero's Journey, not the Fellowship of the Ring ;)
That is such a cool quote. (Well now it's a quote :D) [/b][/quote]
I'm glad you liked it! Perhaps I should consider trademarking it? hehehe j/k :smiley: It's so true of how I feel about grouping though.

~ Jaraeth

ROLEPLAY! This includes any and every feature that enhances it (ei: char creation, customization, etc). That far and away the thing that appeals to me the most. IMO it is the only thing an MMO can offer that could set it apart from the rest of the MMOs out today.

Yeah yeah, HJ may have many so called "new features", but every MMO out now has claimed to have such--and does to a certain extent...But usually these features just work a little differently than in other game, yet accomplish the same thing. Whatever new features HJ has is all well and good, but if there is a lack of RP (which I doubt there will be) HJ just becomes an MMO like all the rest. The new features would just become a different way to accomplish the same thing, and the game would feel like all the other MMOs; people hunting, questing, and grouping for a sole purpose of reaching endgame. And people PvPing for the sole purpose of being the best and beating the best. RP is the only aspect/feel/feature that HJ could provide that will set it apart from other MMOs.

I am actually quite rather looking forward to the group mechanics, which are going to allow me to adventure with friends whom I know face to face, and eventually ones I have only ever met online.

Now I just have to rely on Royce and Co to make it into all that is game so all my homies will play it. ;)

I'm looking forward to many things. Mainly making new friends and meeting new people. I also can't wait to spend lots of time customizing my character. Then I'll hop into the game and start doing some quests! I just really want to play I guess. <_<

Stuff I'd like to see, but might not:
A stratigic combat system that requires me to plan ahead, think on the fly, react quickly and not put me to sleep (think:eek:pposite of WoW/EQ).

More nonsteriotypical races

As for stuff that has been announced:
Character creation
Grouping scematics
involved, personal quest lines

Back