What game are you currently playing?

My boyfriend is obsessed with EVE..

BECAUSE it is exactly like EV (I SWEAR they stole all their ideas from that game)

I don't know if anyone knows what EV is, it is a game made by Ambrosia (I think, too lazy to look it up right now) like ten years ago, it is called Escape Velocity

EV: Nova is closer to what EVE is, but it still came out like six years ago.

So EVE isn't really all that new, it is just multiplayer. If you want to play it by yourself I swear to god EV is almost exactly the same. Upgrade ships and parts, do missions, kill pirates, be a pirate.. Just.. by yourself.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Apr 11 2006, 09:40 PM

BECAUSE it is exactly like EV (I SWEAR they stole all their ideas from that game)

I don't know if anyone knows what EV is, it is a game made by Ambrosia (I think, too lazy to look it up right now) like ten years ago, it is called Escape Velocity

So EVE isn't really all that new, it is just multiplayer. If you want to play it by yourself I swear to god EV is almost exactly the same. Upgrade ships and parts, do missions, kill pirates, be a pirate.. Just.. by yourself.
Well thats boring to do anything by yourself! You can't really call anything original becuase its all been done. Unless they can come up with a brand new freaking idea thats not even been thought of. Other then that, space ships, swords, horses, ships have all been thought of. Nothing is original.

Just original systems ;)

I played EvE for like half a year, right after the release. But in the end it became like everything else - a form of grind.

Also, in my times, the game was quite unbalanced (and didn't really get much better).

And .... I can't handle "starwarsian" physics, I'm too old for that. I'd love to see mmorpg space simulator taking seriously at least some of the laws.

Originally posted by frostydf2+Apr 12 2006, 04:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frostydf2 @ Apr 12 2006, 04:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Diviana@Apr 11 2006, 09:40 PM

Well thats boring to do anything by yourself! You can't really call anything original becuase its all been done. Unless they can come up with a brand new freaking idea thats not even been thought of. Other then that, space ships, swords, horses, ships have all been thought of. Nothing is original.

Just original systems ;) [/b][/quote]
The thing is though, the games are almost exactly the same. It's like they took EV, added prettier graphics and made it so you can play with other people.

There is almost no difference between the games, it has nothing to do with them not being able to be original. What happened is they have a game that looks and basically is almost identical to an old game, except they gave it a couple of new things.

And it's very possible to still be original, it hasn't all been done yet. We're just told that so we don't try.

On an off note, I'm having extremely bad stomach pains and hearing a lot of ringing in my ears.. It's really bugging me...

Haven't been playing too much vid games lately. When I have, Elder Scrolls and some Fire Eblem. I've been busy reading and trying to construct and Orcs & Gobbos army for Warhammer.

Oblivion kept me occupied for about a week, and then it just got old. It would have been great if it was a MMO. It had so much too it. Hopefully Simutronics will look at some of the things that were in Oblivion, and add it to Hero's Journey.

Back