What game are you playing?

T

tasoli

So what games are you all playing until HJ comes out? (Or until you get into beta, if you're lucky!)

At the moment, during the small amount of free time that I have, I occassionally log onto WoW to catch up with friends, or I play Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Most of the time, however, I am working at "work" or on Hero's Journey.

Frozz

My chums and I have all agreed to acquire and play Baldur's Gate II. Only one of us has played it at all (a few years ago) but it sounds like an awesome way to play a D&D styled game over the internet - with graphics O.o We'll probably play it until we beat it and the expansion all the way through. Might also do a solo adventure on my own time. Its a great way to get an online D&D fix - far better than paying $15 a month for that nasty little thing Turbine released.

At the moment I'm playing Tomb Raider Legend. Then I'm gonna play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Then something else.

I'm playing 'Hero's Hall : Forums', and 'Hero's Journey : The Preview'

Both games are kinda rough, but in my off-time I still play Gunz : The Duel.

Originally posted by volund@Apr 25 2006, 05:32 PM
My chums and I have all agreed to acquire and play Baldur's Gate II. Only one of us has played it at all (a few years ago) but it sounds like an awesome way to play a D&D styled game over the internet - with graphics O.o We'll probably play it until we beat it and the expansion all the way through. Might also do a solo adventure on my own time. Its a great way to get an online D&D fix - far better than paying $15 a month for that nasty little thing Turbine released.
If you want an adventuring partner, I'm the king mage of this series.

I've beaten BG 1, BG: tales of the sword coast, BG 2, and BG 2: Throne of Bhaal more times than I care to count :smiley:

Nada. However, I am looking at The Chronicles of Spellborn. If it comes out this summer and Hero's Journey doesn't, I will probably give that a go until HJ launches. TCoS looks very cool, although the combat is way too twitchy for my tastes. /shrug You can never have everything.

I was considering Spellborn because of the realtime combat, but I don't like the stat system. I mean, why do your base stats only go up every third level? Is it because of the stackable temporary bonuses you get for not dying, because it seems pretty stupid to be forced to rely almost entirely on something you could lose at any time for strength. Plus there is a 50-level cap, which means your last 2 levels are meaningless.

Originally posted by Chaotic+Apr 27 2006, 01:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chaotic @ Apr 27 2006, 01:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sherri@Apr 26 2006, 05:37 AM
I'm playing L2 on a server we made ourselfs  lol
ooo Got a website I could go to? I kinda want to play an L2 private server again. [/b][/quote]
You always want to play L2.... <_<

What's the deal with the Lineage 2 private server? I've never played Lineage before, is the Private server free, I don't need to buy the game either? I'd be willing to give it a shot, since I'm not really playing anything else at the moment...

If I'm not busy with University in RL, I play Oblivion (and occasionally mod) and a few underdog games most of you might never have heard of. Namely Avernum 4 and Geneforge 3 (Spiderweb Software Inc.). Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday (Paradox Store | Paradox Interactive) is also a good timesink. :smiley:

Tried DAoC and L2 in trials but didn't get hooked. Whenever I feel like it, I play Eve Online for a month, but usually cancel the account for the next month (but am back the month after that :smiley: ).

As for me...I just got back into the Delta Force games playing Black Hawk Down, Delta Force Xtreme, and Joint Operations.

For those interested here's a link to an RO and Lineage 2 private server that I play on. Thought I'd like to play with Sherri's group too!

mob-games.com

Very simple to get started.

Diem Yes its free to play :smiley:

We are just starting up so not many on atm

Just go to the link I posted before

I don't feel like paying for any game atm either until HJ comes out so this is
why we set this game up.

Hmm weird I just tried it and it works

Try again if not let me know and I will see what I can do from this end

I have the link set up as my home page that how I know its working :smiley:

Back