What game are you playing?

I play AO (Anarchy Online), with WoW and City of Villains until my accounts run out. I kind of want to reactivate my DAoC accounts until HJ, but I'm getting tired after 3-4 years of it.

AO has good Sci-Fi RP, and it's hard not to get into RP'ing, unless you're one of the Fr00b's who's trying to make it to level 200 in one week, and whining the whole way that no one will buff they're level 40 character so they can fit into level 60 gear ;)

~ Jaraeth

Everyone should try the MUDs at www.ironrealms.com
I posted another thread about them, but figured I'd mention them here too. I'm playing some of them right now and having a ball. For anyone who isn't familiar with the previous Simu game you may want to check it out. They're not Simu games, but they are the same kind of game. Good if you don't want to spend $15 a month to try one of the Simu games. These are very high quality MUDs also.

The java client you can play from your browser is not too shabby either.

I'm playing Dragon Realms too!

Empath named Endukudo, just hit 4th Circle! Woo!

Come say hello, I'm usually in Willow Walk, at the Rangers Guild (Crossing) or in the Empath guild.

Who are you in-game Czi?

Originally posted by Sherri@Apr 27 2006, 04:30 AM
We just started it this week after working on it for a few hehe
Not many on as yet only a few family members but hey if you want to come
check it out its at:

http://lineage2fs.homedns.org:8089/
Was fully about to try this out... then saw it was a 2.3gig download hehe.
So sadly, not for me.
Bummer, sounds like a cool idea.

Get this... my name on Dragonrealms.... is... Seriously, brace yourself.... No really... thers a wall over there and a rope tied to that pole... get to it... it's... CZIDVAR! See if you held on like I told you, you wouldn't have fallen down!

Czi

Originally posted by Daax@May 15 2006, 04:13 AM
For that Lineage 2 game....do i have to buy anything?
Nope, don't have to buy nothing. It's a HUGE download though :smiley: Other than that...it's simple to get started.

Hey Sherry, if I allready have the Client on my comp (store bought version, I play on an official server, but would like to check out a private one), how do I go about it... do I still have to DL from fileplanet?

Xhar

No you don't have to redownload :smiley:

You need to add our ip number
you can find the current ip at
http://lineage2fs.homedns.org:8089/
Then you need to open up your hosts file and add
our ip number l2authd.lineage2.com
so ip number then a few spaces then the l2 protocol
EG:
65.93.85.39 l2authd.lineage2.com
Then you need to ues the l2.exe file to launch the game not the original shortcut on the desktop
you can find this in your lienage2 folder systemfolder
and thats it
start the game in the user and password field enter what you want the account will auto create that way
do not use create account button
just type in your name and password for account in fields

Sorry, Im an idiot... I cant seem to find the "host file", could you be more specific (file name, folder its in, ect)?

Also, your instructions at the bottom of the server info says to "download our patch", where is it?

sorry, I am not the most software-oriented guy...

Xhar

Damn its been awhile since I've posted (Damn internet provider is being a dick!) Thanks for the link, but I was hoping it would be Chronicle 4 :thinking: unless you guys plan on upgrading it ;) and if that happens I'll be there!!

eek I'm not sure where to find the host files either, my hubby looks after all that stuff but he is away until the 22nd as his mother passed away today, and he is back in NJ.

As far as C4 goes, he was working on the update files when he got the call today that he had to go back to the States.

He will be working on it as soon as he gets back.

Maybe someone else will know where to find the host files :smiley:

On Windows XP (I'm assuming all versions, though I'm using XP Pro), the "hosts" file is located at: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

You may need to set your Windows Explorer to view hidden and system files, at least temporarily, or just copy that into your windows address bar (not Internet Explorer address bar).

I hope that helps ;)

~ Jaraeth

TY for the infor Sherri and Jareth, I was finally able to get in :smiley:

Look up Xhardumahl in game, thats me!

Also, I have a few mil adena on both the official Sieghard and Lionna Servers I would be willing to trade for adena on the private server :smiley:

Xhar

Back