What game are you playing?

My mom's boyfriend tried testing LOTRO and despite the fact that he can run EQ2 with all settings on Hi he can't get it to run. I would assume it's got something to do with the internet download...

My mom's boyfriend tried testing LOTRO and despite the fact that he can run EQ2 with all settings on Hi he can't get it to run. I would assume it's got something to do with the internet download...

Must be, because it runs smooth on my crappo machine.

Anyways, right now I'm playing a mix of LOTRO beta, Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar (Best Turn based Strategy game ever!), Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, Halo CE, Scorched Earth 3D, aaaaaand Battlefield 2142. Oh and some Starwars Republic Commando.

Scions of Fate, 9 Dragons *Just the UK team folded it seems*, Roma Victor, and City of still. CoV's starting to finally wear on me so I've spread my time over the freebie games. The graphics in 9 Dragons and the animations are still outstanding tho'.

I've been semi-following that game. Is it really that bad?
I was deeply unimpressed. The land-based stuff just looks like an MMO that might have been made three or four years ago and the sea-based stuff is sort of interesting, but gets very old very fast. Sail around... fire your canons at things... pray you're bigger than your enemy... waste loads of time. Repeat.

The community might make the game truly live - and it does crackle with a rare, almost SWG-esque passion at times - but, frankly, from what I can see, it's a brave first (?) effort from the devs, but all they've really done is successfully build the kind of game that more established companies were making years ago.

The only true saving grace for this game, besides the community, is the theme and the setting which hasn't been done to death. Plenty of room for it and Disney's offering, I think, among afficianado's.

Maybe they should just offer their game as a Tech Demo for a possible integration/module/add-on for existing MMORPGs (all of them) which are sorely lacking in naval combat and adventure. :smiley:

Well, I started REALLY late first. Also, by generic stereotype (which usually doesn't fit me in anyway) I'm too young to be playing text-based games. I should be playing super graph-iwahtsitts games with all the new spangled hollidiedoodads.

Back