What happened to Irina

Ok in S3 epi 22 when Lauren and Syd are fighting and Lauren tells her she's a pawn and then is all like
"And if your mother's really been helping you since she left, why haven't you spoken to her." Doee that mean Irina is dead or just playing for the other side. I found it kinda of wierd that she said this. I mean I know that it was a plausible way off explaining her absences b/c of Lena but still she could have stayed on the good side. What do y'all think happened?

shes not dead..... she cant die, nebause she not in it *cackles* sorry,i just found it mean jhow she wont come back, i can understand though, family!

well as far as im concerned, i dont think Irina is dead. it's possible that she's being held captive though. i don't know if im alone in this though, but Lauren's comment doesn't make me think that Irina is playing for the other side, quite the contrary. Lauren untrustworthy ;).

i do hope we find out *something* about Irina next season though, it's long overdue!

We have to assume that she's alive until given incontrovertible proof that she's dead--in this series, that would take a lot, lacking a body. <_<
✌️

Fizzy Lizzy said:
well JJ said he isn't going to recast Irina so it is very plausible that they could just have her killed..
[post="1012462"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yes it's possible that she might be dead, but it's also possible that they leave the character in the background without killing her off, in case Lena decides to return or guest star for a couple of episodes. i'd really hate it if they kill off Irina off-screen but im aware it's a possibility.

i jsut hope lena comes back. :lol:

i'd hate to have her die. i'll just keep believe she's alive. man, everytime i complain about lena not coming back i go, "i mean, the last time we saw irina was when she jumped off a roof!'' and then i'd explain the whole scene. :lol: but that is, of course, to my friends who don't watch Alias.

:lol:

I think Irina's working on her own agenda (as usual -_-) or that Lauren knew more than she was saying and wanted Syd to not kill her so she didn't say anymore.

Just a thought.

Katrina Halliwell said:
:lol:

I think Irina's working on her own agenda (as usual -_-) or that Lauren knew more than she was saying and wanted Syd to not kill her so she didn't say anymore.

Just a thought.

[post="1023537"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You've given me something to think about.

Irina is definitely pursuing her own endgame. I don't see her working for or with anyone else, unless it helped her get what she wanted.

Do you know what would be awful Just when the episode ends which says that Irina is dead JJ would recieve a phone-call from Lena Olin who wants to come back. That would be awful.

If only she would honour us with one teeny tiny guest appearance. It would only take a few days of her time, she would get a lot of money, and she could live the rest of her life knowing she has made a lot of people very happy. :lol:

While she's at it, maybe she could stretch it to one appearance a season. Or maybe two. Or maybe she could just rejoin the cast! :D

Silly Lena. She should have known she was irreplacable!!

LOL, yea I know. Wouldn't it be horrible if Lena decides to come back for the last season?? If she does, it'll be the most watched TV season ever or something. :lol:

Dude, that'd be true! And Natalia, that idea of yours isn't that bad, actually. If she doesn't wanna rejoin then she should guest start once or twice a year just like you said! that would make ME happy. or at least one appearence to help wrap things up. and yup, lena is irreplacable

i know, she's so irreplacable. if she'd just come back for at least one or two episodes, to clear things up and to make us go wild :woot: , but no... (n) i don't get it, why can't she just come back for One Little Episode? is that too much to ask? :depressed:

pii_lena4ever said:
i know, she's so irreplacable. if she'd just come back for at least one or two episodes, to clear things up and to make us go wild  :woot: , but no... (n) i don't get it, why can't she just come back for One Little Episode? is that too much to ask?  :depressed:
[post="1025902"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Seriously!

Irina became such a major part of the show in S2 and not having her there was part of what S3 hard to watch.

WE MISS YOU SPYMOMMY!

ms.katejones said:
Irina became such a major part of the show

[post="1025943"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

the b-i-g-g-e-s-t part ever of the show. -_-
YES INDEED WE MISS YOU SPYMOMMY AND WANT YOU BACK!!!!!!!!!
:depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed:

can some1 explain 2 me y lena olin is not coming back? she said she enjoyed working in ALIAS, so whats the problem?
it would b bad if they kill her- I hate when they change the plot 2 fit the actors, I rather she will b replaced then just killed from the show just like that!!!

This is a little off-topic, but Ms Olin has said, "I felt I was done with the role of Irina. I didn't feel like going back to the same character again, it simply didn't feel exciting and challenging." I had heard that she had been chided by her movie friends for doing a TV role and that some had perhaps gone so far as to threaten not to work with her again if she continued to "lower herself." That is, my private opinion is that peer pressure played a role and that she may have played hard-to-get in negotiations (named a high price) to try to hide her decision not to play instead of being forthright about it. When Touchstone met her price, the truth came out; she just didn't want to play the part.

I've already stated my opinions regarding this and the responsibilities one assumes when one accepts the role of a continuing character elsewhere. (And, yes, I did worry when I heard they had hired her for a short-term contract because I was concerned they wouldn't have her for as long as they would need her.) -_-

In the spirit of off-topic I'll add my 2 cents. I will however avoid trashing Lena with wild personal unsubstantiated speculation.

Ummm let's see allow me to quote a bit more of the article.

Despite the attention Lena got, she only did one season with the "Alias" gang. For about a year, life was solely about commuting between her home in New York and filming in Los Angeles. Something she describes as being a constant traveler. So even though the "Alias" crew showered Lena with praise and more or less begged her to do another season, she felt she'd had enough.

Lena's always made sure to prioritize children and husband. With all the traveling and filming each and every week she found herself in an impossible situation.

"Now, when I watch the show, I feel it would be fun to keep doing it, but at the same time I know how difficult it was with all the traveling.

Oh now doesn't that add a little context?

Lena has stated repeatedly in many interviews that the travelling and separation was difficult.

But yeah it makes so much sense that a person as grounded, and who is very much her own person like Lena Olin would cave to some imagined peer pressure. Real? :blink:

And you've heard of too little too late? Hee...when you wait until the 11th hour to try and secure certain talent sometimes it just doesn't work out.

I've already stated my opinions regarding this and the responsibilities one assumes when one accepts the role of a continuing character elsewhere.

I don't think I've stated mine. Lena fulfilled her contract. End of story. Too often we the general public feel like actors owe us something. They don't. It's their job. She did what she was hired to do. If the monkey mucked up the negotiations, too bad.

Back