Season 3 What has Alias come to?

What has Alias come to? Just in this episode they had some in show advertising, When Syd and Vaughn where looking for a car to chase Sark with, Syd just happens to decide to get the "New F150". Afher their chase there was something like "This episode brought to you buy the new F150, then a F150 commercial.

I thought Alias was above that, but then again I thought Alias 3ed season would be better then the others, but it looks like I am wrong on both fronts ;(

OMG what was with the ford commercials....i mean in less than three minutes Alias showed a ford focus, ford f-150, a ford explorer, and a ford mustang, and im sure there were more i didn't pick up on........and then to top it off they had like five ford f-150 commercials..........uh!!!!!!

:lol: What's so wrong about it? If Ford helps keep Alias on the air, then cool beans.

AliasALIAS said:
:lol: What's so wrong about it? If Ford helps keep Alias on the air, then cool beans.
exactly ...

I wonder if they showed something from Victoria's Secret, if the reaction would be the same ... :lol:

hehe I rewatched the episode today and that F-150 line just cracks me up for some reason, lol Especially when they zoom to the F-150 logo after that :jump:

regina_alias said:
i think i'm one of the few people who weren't bothered by that line.
actually, I wasn't bothered either ... I didn't even noticed the plug for the car, until I read the complains here ... :lol:

I thought it added a bit of humour to the chase myself... I nearly carcked up laughing at Syd's line... anyways whatever keeps Alias on the air... didn't really bother me.....
I wonder if they showed something from Victoria's Secret, if the reaction would be the same ... 

I think it would be a lot different...lol :P

Melissa ^_^

Vartan_LoVeR said:
hehe I rewatched the episode today and that F-150 line just cracks me up for some reason, lol Especially when they zoom to the F-150 logo after that :jump:
they did that for the ford focus too...except syd never yelled out something like "off to the ford focus!" :P

regina_alias said:
i didnt even notice it! :blink:

and there another thread about this btw! :rolleyes:

AliasALIAS said:
I'd take a couple of those if it meant a couple more minutes back of story time! But it doesn't!
:angry:

well it's not half as bad as repeating all the scenes over with like one new line from laurens point of view. :o_O:

the F-150 was really bad. I was thinking. How can they put something so stupid in Alias. It kinda broke the hole cool style of the episode :(

Product placement isn't bad, but the F-150 line was a bit much. But, if it helps Alias stay on the air, then okay I guess. I guess your just supposed to take that line as Sydney being very discriptive to Vaughn, so he knows exactly which truck. lol!!!

I thought this thread was referring to the third season having raped the show of what made it so good.

14 Episodes in, and the story hasn't moved along any farther. We're still in the exact same place we used to be. Everything that was shown in last week's preview is exactly what happened-- I knew what was going to happen just by watching the preview! Anyone would! You'd think after such an inconsistent/erratic run, with whole weeks between episodes, we'd at least get more than the mediocre-at-best "plot advances" we've been given so far. The meat's gone. We're just gnawing on bone.

Aside from that, great characters have been removed completely (Will, Evil Francie), marginalized (Jack, Dixon, Kendall), or are just shreds of the characters they were in season's one and two (Vaughn). I understand that characters "change" over time, and that there's been a whole two years, but some characters haven't retained any of the qualities that made them appealing.

But yeah, I have no problem with product placement at all. Like in Marshall's office, when they showed that HP printer for half a second. Yeah, THAT's what ruined the episode for me.

Please.

Discord said:
the F-150 was really bad. I was thinking. How can they put something so stupid in Alias. It kinda broke the hole cool style of the episode :(
This blatant product placement was done in Season 2 for the Ford Focus. In episode 2.16: Firebomb, Sydney is forced by Sloane to drive him away from the Swiss bank in a Focus. We see the nameplate in closeup.

As Vaughn is describing the getaway vehicle, Marshall questions Vaughn about the Focus because he wants to buy one. Upon hearing that, Vaughn hangs up the phone on him. :lol:

Alias_Gay said:
regina_alias said:
actually, I wasn't bothered either ... I didn't even noticed the plug for the car, until I read the complains here ... :lol:
same here. i didnt even pay much attention to the f150. cause i mean... ford supports alias, so thats cool. i have more respect for ford than i used to. lol.

Lazerey said:
THAT[/i]'s what ruined the episode for me.

Please.

I kinda agree with that. i mean about the 3rd season, not the f150. who gives about the f150. And the first time I saw this topic I was thinking the same thing... not the f150. If you really love alias, why would something like that bother you? LOL. I just love the show.

BUT... the 3rd season isn't as great as the second or first... I mean they aren't coming up with great story lines. I still LOVE Alias, it's my absolute favorite TV show... but I seriously think it's starting to go down...

but the whole ford thing?? you ppl shouldn't be so upset about something so small like that...

I have nothing against ford supporting Alias or the fact that they do a little shameless advertising. I just find it realy funny that out of a parking lot full of cars she picks an F-150 to chase down a mustang. The truck wasn't even in a convenient location, it was compleately boxed in.

Why? At least make it sensible

Back