Season 3 What has Alias come to?

well, see since im young, i dont really know what was wrong with the advertising, could someone please explain this to me? :blink:

Aliasfan13 said:
well, see since im young, i dont really know what was wrong with the advertising, could someone please explain this to me? :blink:
When a tv or film production has blatant product placement, it cheapens the dignity of said show.

It gets harder to take seriously when the show looks like a car commercial with bits of story attached.

I didnt even notice... I dont know why it bothered so many people. I WAS hella happy when they had a mustang though. I drive a 2000 Mustang GT and burned the WoooHooo song and drove aroung blasting it, I felt so cool!

I thought that it was hilarious...It was so obvious...My thought was "why on earth would you pick a truck for a car chase" Just didn't make sense.
What I found more annoying was the fact that they replayed almost the entire first 1/2 hour of the ep...I mean, we waited 3 weeks for that!
But, the Sark/Lauren scenes were good and I have to admit that I like her much better now. Could that be what JJ meant when he said she'd grow on us?

I was so taken aback by the car chase i didnt really care. If saying "The F-150" keeps the best show on television around for a few more season i couldnt care less. It was a great episode though.

I don't think it's a big deal, especially since Ford's had a deal with alias for a while. Look at "Firebomb" from last season. Sloane makes syd drive his getaway car ( a focus) and when Vaughn tells Marshall he goes into a whole speech about which Focus is his favorite, followed by, guess what? a Focus commercial. ;)

Tiger<O> said:
I don't think it's a big deal, especially since Ford's had a deal with alias for a while. Look at "Firebomb" from last season. Sloane makes syd drive his getaway car ( a focus) and when Vaughn tells Marshall he goes into a whole speech about which Focus is his favorite, followed by, guess what? a Focus commercial. ;)
I remember that... and when Sydney was driving to the bank, they kept zooming in on the car and the emblem...

Dang, you guys find such unimportant things to complain about. Let me ask you a question, HOW DO YOU THINK THE SHOW?NETWORK MAKES MONEY?

Ford has fully contributed to their paychecks, so chill out.

alias_luver said:
Product placement isn't bad, but the F-150 line was a bit much. But, if it helps Alias stay on the air, then okay I guess. I guess your just supposed to take that line as Sydney being very discriptive to Vaughn, so he knows exactly which truck. lol!!!
Yeah, I agree.

aliasgirlie said:
alias_luver said:
Product placement isn't bad, but the F-150 line was a bit much. But, if it helps Alias stay on the air, then okay I guess. I guess your just supposed to take that line as Sydney being very discriptive to Vaughn, so he knows exactly which truck. lol!!!
Yeah, I agree.
lol-- I agree too. It did bother me, but I mean if it gives alias the mulah for excellent efftects, etc. it's worth the two second line ;)

Back