What have you seen recently?

I really enjoyed The Conjuring, though I found the ending to be a bit too sentimental for my personal taste. The tension and frightening moments were brilliant, however. It's hard to scare me (in a movie, anyway - in reality I scare so easily :P), and I was gripping my boyfriend's hand and shrieking with the rest of the theater in fright. There was also a group of women in the front of the theater who nearly went insane with terror, screaming and crying long after the scare was over. It was awesome. :mirelly:

I finally got around to watching the original B&W 13 Ghosts and, wow, what a stark contrast to the modern remake. The remake of course notched up the blood & gore count but the direction of the original movie was totally different from the remake.

Did you have the special "ghost glasses" so you could see the ghosts when they came onscreen? ;)

I do love the remake...I also enjoy the in-film nod to the real life gimmick with the glasses they use to see the ghosts in the film. Good times.

Yesterday, I watched the 2006 documentary, The Sci-Fi Boys, which was one of the better docs I've ever watched. It was basically about how modern film directors, make-up masters (such as Peter Jackson, John Landis, Rick Baker, and others) were greatly influenced by Forrest Ackerman's magazine, Monsters of Filmland, and by early fx pioneer, Ray Harryhausen. Legendary sci-fi author, Ray Bradbury, also inspired these modern film wizards. The extra treat in this doc was a look at some of the hilarious, albeit primitive, super 8 movies from the adolescent minds of the said cinematic masters. Highly recommend this movie to any sci-fi fan.

Yesterday, I watched the 2006 documentary, The Sci-Fi Boys, which was one of the better docs I've ever watched. It was basically about how modern film directors, make-up masters (such as Peter Jackson, John Landis, Rick Baker, and others) were greatly influenced by Forrest Ackerman's magazine, Monsters of Filmland, and by early fx pioneer, Ray Harryhausen. Legendary sci-fi author, Ray Bradbury, also inspired these modern film wizards. The extra treat in this doc was a look at some of the hilarious, albeit primitive, super 8 movies from the adolescent minds of the said cinematic masters. Highly recommend this movie to any sci-fi fan.
I also enjoyed that movie. :smiley:

Back