What have you seen recently?

Doomsday_poster.jpg

Doomsday. Another one of those films that I thought was pretty good, despite the negative reviews it got at the time of release. Two thoughts(among others....) kept going through my mind as I saw Doomsday, (1)I've seen this movie before, figuratively speaking and, (2)What would happen if you put the characters of Eden Sinclair and Snake Plissken together in the same film? :cool: :eek: :cool: :eek:

Planet Hulk: The best animated Marvel DTV movie yet IMO. Lots of action and a solid story. Could have been 20 minutes longer though.

Pandorum: Actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Definitely reminded me of a cross between Event Horizon and The Descent which makes sense because Paul WS Anderson was the producer. Solid CG and creature effects, very atmospheric. I also liked how the ship was practically a character unto itself.

Planet Hulk: The best animated Marvel DTV movie yet IMO. Lots of action and a solid story. Could have been 20 minutes longer though.

I really liked this one as well, particularly the flashback of Korg the Kronan, which harkened back to Journey Into Mystery #83 and the very first appearance of Thor in Marvel Comics.

Journey_Into_Mystery_Vol_1_83.jpg

I really liked this one as well, particularly the flashback of Korg the Kronan, which harkened back to Journey Into Mystery #83 and the very first appearance of Thor in Marvel Comics.

Yeah, that scene was pretty badass and Beta Ray Bill was an interesting addition.

200px-Virtuosity_ver2.jpg

Virtuosity. Another one of those sci-fi films that got mixed reviews at the time of release yet it's actually a pretty decent film.

Totally agree about Andromeda Strain, I actually watched the original at the beginning of last year and liked it so much that I sought out the mini-series. Boy, was that a big mistake!

IMO, the butchering job they did w/the mini-series ranks right up there w/the butchering job that was done for Starship Troopers when that got to the big screen. :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just finished watching the Dragon Hunters CG animated movie on Blu-Ray.

Beautiful movie with great music, fun characters and amusing dialogue. Really loved the Asian influenced visuals which really popped in HD. Definitely a bit of an overlooked gem.

Ninja

I enjoyed Isaac Florentine's previous movie, Undisputed 2 (have high hopes for part 3), so I was looking forward to checking Ninja out. Overall I wasn't disappointed, some solid martial arts/action fight sequences although the story and acting were only average at best. The bad-guy's ninja outfit was seriously badass! Certainly worth a rental if you have a thing for the silent assassins.

Another Thing movie

HorrorExpress.jpg

Ah yes, John Carpenter's masterpiece of sci-fi horror, I've stopped counting how many times I've seen it. Did you fellow fans also know that there is another "THING" movie that was also based on the original tale written by John W.Campbell "WHO GOES THERE?".
Well, besides the 1951 film "THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD", there is also a film based off of the tale called:

HORROR EXPRESS (1972): starring: CHRISTOPHER LEE, PETER CUSHING and TELLY SAVALAS (a.k.a. PANIC ON THE TRANS-SIBERIAN EXPRESS)

See it, and tell me what you think of it, be sure to watch it in the dark.

Back