What if Alias is pre-empted for war news?

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
I know, I know, I know...I don't want to think about it either. I'm sorry to put the thought in your heads. But I'm just wondering what would happen if they broke into the show with news briefs, or even pre-empted it entirely. Would they re-air it later? Or would we just be out of luck? I was only 9 years old during the last war, so I don't remember how it worked. Anybody have any ideas? Because as good as the show is getting right now as it heads into the final episodes of the season, if we even missed 5 minutes, we could miss a major plot twist or revelation.

Seriously, the war is more important than Alias ;)

Anyway, they may re air it, but it would only cut into Alias in one time zone. Luckily, I have west coast channels, so I could just watch it then :D

Azalea said:
I know, I know, I know...I don't want to think about it either. I'm sorry to put the thought in your heads. But I'm just wondering what would happen if they broke into the show with news briefs, or even pre-empted it entirely. Would they re-air it later? Or would we just be out of luck? I was only 9 years old during the last war, so I don't remember how it worked. Anybody have any ideas? Because as good as the show is getting right now as it heads into the final episodes of the season, if we even missed 5 minutes, we could miss a major plot twist or revelation.
I am not sure how it works either. Luckily they are not showing it this weekend because of the oscars and I hope for all of our sakes the war is not going to last through this weekend!!!
It is a really good show, but I agree that the war takes precedence over everything right now. :eek:

I agree that the war itself is more important, but generally when they break in with news briefs, it's not because they have something truly important to tell us, it's because they think they might, and they want to get it on the air before the other guys. Generally, it's just talking heads and analysts making predictions and driving everything into the ground. I'm sick of the news coverage, because they amp up the paranoia level beyond what it should be. I want to be informed of major updates, but not every single little detail. I'll probably be reading more newspapers than watching TV in the next few weeks or so. I just can't handle hearing about it 24/7, it stresses me out too much.

I'm with you Azalea...I just want our soldiers to get back safely. I hate war and especially this one, but I won't go into that...
I know the media will do it's thing and we'll have to roll with their decisions. So keep your fingers crossed it will be over sooner than later. I'm sure they'll (ABC) re-schedule and or repeat if it is shown. Just hang in there with the rest of us.

i agree with all of you, of course knowing what is going on around the world with our country is more important than alias, but of course i will be will be upset of missing alias, if this does happen, i hope they will reair it or that somehow through times zones i could see it.

I think that they will be most likely to preempt the entire episode and reschedule it like they did Monday with their entire lineup. (It's not like the stupid local channel that preempted half of Alias last year for a gosh-darn prayer service!)
;)

Well ya know, It's not as bad as it seems. I mean we had a severe warning weather report when Salvation came on. We missed like 10 minutes of the show. It did stink, but we got over it.

arrgghh...once, they broke into the season finale of a show i was watching, and they never re-aired it...i was sooo upset....if they break into alias, they better re-air it

oh man!if they were to pe-empt the show i would be soo devasted. i really hope they don't1 and i atleast hope that they would re-air it! they better!:angry: yes abc, re-air it atleast :D

Back