What is Alias?

What is Alias?

• It is a celebration of women

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It degrades women

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"degrading-very degrading" yes, I agree with you there, vicki

I think that Sydney is a great role model! She's fit, she kicks @$$, and's she's certainly not degrading to women! If she was, then I don't think there'd be very many female fans, of which there are a lot as of now!

Victoria King said:
i agree, look at the man show! now that is degrading to women very degrading!
OMG!!! LMAO!! I hate that show haha...it's like my bro's favorite show though, I don't see how he likes it...it's so incredibly stupid!...I think those sitcoms where the mom is always grouchy and pmsy...those give women a bad name...women aren't really like that...do you guys know wh"at I'm talking about?...like the mom on everybody loves raymond, and the mom's who are always like...ooh I am the boss around here, you betta recognize!"...I hate them, they're why men make fun of us!...its dumb...an example of that would be the mom on family matters she always had these sassy scenes and then everyone would clap and be like "you go girl!"...you probably don't know what i mean...oh well

xoxilovevaughnxox said:
i think that it shows how a woman can really kick butt. aka showing that women can do the same things as bond.
yes, but a good point is brought up that when Bond (or any guy) gets a girl, then he's "all that". but when a girl does a guy, then she's a w***e. (listen to Christina Aguilera's song Can't Hold Us Down)

this also brings up another stereotype in our world, but let's not go there in this thread. start another one if u wanna discuss male/female stereotypes, but it mite not be ok to discuss such....controversial issues, i dunno.

Syd is absolutly a role model. Nothing that she does is distasteful. She kicks butt and that is awesome. She doesnt let the guys degrade her when she wears certain outfits....Phase One for example.

You probably can't talk about it or the administrators will eat you! Maybe in the alias chat though, you could decide a time for people who want to discuss it to go on. I'd have some things to say about it lol

SydB_JenG said:
You probably can't talk about it or the administrators will eat you!
I don't bite! Hopefully the other Admin aren't cannibals either :D :P

Alias definitely represents women the right way. Sydney Bristow is a role model. And not just Sydney, but the wonderful actress who plays her. Jennifer Garner is a great actress and a great person.

JoeysHero said:
I definatly dont think that it degrades women, it makes people realise that woman can do as many things as men can do, like Bond.
I totally agree with you and everyone who thinks Alias is a celebration of women.
She is strong, intelligent, sexy all of the things I think most women are or would love to be.... ALIAS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

SydB_JenG said:
Syd is definitely a role-model I mean...she can do anything and the fact that she uses her body to seduce men for missions is a display of her self-confidence...I can't believe you could think Syd is degrating. I'm outraged...lol no j/k
yeah, I don't think it's degrading women at all! I couldn't have said it better Mo! ^_^

Syd is definately a role model. Not only to the people that watch the show but also to actors - for a female to get this type of role is great. I think Syd having to seduce men actually uses her sex appeal against men almost seeing them as the degrading. It makes her seem strong and powerful against them.

I think that it is in no way degrading to women. If anything it shows a beautiful, young, strong, intelligent and confidant woman, who it comfortable with the woman that she is and uses all of her attributes in a way that shows high self esteem not in a way that is degrading to women and if more of us could be like her then the world would be a better place!

Of course Alias is a celebration of women, it shows how strong women can be, and how smart we can be, Sydney Bristow is a great role model for any girl or woman......I for one think ALias kicks ass especially Sydney Bristow!!!

Back