Movies What is the Best Syfy Original Movie You've Seen?

Tom

An Old Friend
I've seen many syfy originals starting all the way back when they first started making them.

What do you think is the best one ever?

What science was involved?

What did you like the best about the movie?

My 2 favorite's have to be Big Ass Spider & Infestation. Mostly because of Ray Wise, I just love him as a military man, he plays so serious and it comes out a little or kind of funny. I guess it is supposed to be played that way by him. I loved him as the devil in Reaper, the short lived series on the CW, it lasted 2 seasons I think, but he was so awesome possum in that series and those two movies. Those two movies were better than I expected them to be or thought they would be. The typically corny and popcorn movies. Got love them anyway.

I just watched High Moon. For a syfy movie it blew my socks off! Not only was it Cool Science Fiction it had some really interesting technology designs portrayed. There was a degree of low-budget but You should see it and make your own conclusions. I would like to see more of the same calibur.

All Syfy Originals:
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

This is the list of films produced and/or televised under the Sci Fi Pictures label of the cable television channel the Sci Fi Channel from 2001 to 2009 when it was renamed Syfy.

'High Plains Invaders' was decent. IIRC James Marsters (Spike, Braniac) played the lead.
'Mothman' was disappointing, just another monster pic. Would love to see a real adaptation of 'Mothman Prophecies' (not the stupid Richard Gere version); I read somewhere that there was one made and Hollywood bought it and shelved it. shame.

I think Nicholas Brandon (Xander in 'BtVS') was in Fire Serpent, that was decent.
IIRC the Pterodactyl movie had a female actress that could be a twin to Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks. Was flipping channels and thought 'theres whats-her-name being attacked by a Ptero, huh.'

I found Splinter to be a unique creature feature.
I liked the creature in Wyvern.
I thought Soulkeeper was pretty funny
I don't know why but I like Snakehead Terror & Sharktopus
Mindstorm wasn't too bad
I found Living Hell interesting as a apocalyptic scenario
I just rewatched the Epoch movies and compared to their recent fare it is a masterpiece
100 Feet is a pretty good one too
Dog Soldiers is very high on my fav werewolf movies

I hate syfy originals but I must watch them - I think I am sick - do I have a fever?

Back