What is the =maximum= that you'd be willing to pay for a game?

What is the maximum you would spend per month for one Game

• $15 and under

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • $16-20

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • $21-30

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • $31-40

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • $41 and over

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters

sylveria

Cadet
Oooh, let me ask YOU a question instead...hehe!

What is the =maximum= that you'd be willing to pay for a game? Is your threshhold $20/mo? $25/mo? $30/mo? More?

Possibly $19.95, IF it was amazing and had everything I wanted in a game. No game out or in development has done that yet however. So, right now I'm at your standard $15 bucks a month.

hj-sylveria said:
What is the =maximum= that you'd be willing to pay for a game? Is your threshhold $20/mo? $25/mo? $30/mo? More?

$25 a month for a basic account and $40 for a premium account. If your going to do a tier system that is and I'm guessin it is. That said I think there should only be two types, not multible tier, makes Simutronic will look like its just squeezing us for cash then. I'm looking for a game that does not just cater to the rich or the people with 25 hours in a day to play.

Further I like to see something like the premium cost a bit lower if you get a second family account. Maybe $35 then. That is $70 a month for two accounts. Remember, families who play together stay together. Add in the occasional 'ticketed' event at $5 a pop bi-monthly maybe but thats it.

It's alittle more than the others out there but we're expecting more too.

Well... I guess the maximum I'd pay for the actualy box/disk stuff is $60? Yeah... The most I'd be willing to pay monthly would be $20, but I think that a lot of people would just pay the $15 dollar a month games. If you had $40 a month premium accounts, most people wouldn't even get the game, because they'd feel they were getting less because they didn't want to/couldn't pay that much per month. Yeah...

In order for me to play it forever and stick by it even if I'm mildly to moderately annoyed with some features:
Box: 30
Monthly: 10

In order for me to play it forever if it is the best game I've ever seen with no gripes at all - angels sing when I log in, I lose my job because I love it so much:
Box: 60
Monthly: 35/mo

I have TWO accounts for FFXI right now (I dual box PS2 and PC - or my wife and I will play together) and I only pay 24 (11.95/mo). I'm more than midly annoyed with FFXI right now, but I don't see me throwing all the work I've put into my character away without going to a game.

Completely honestly now, I will be going to HJ. The only thing to stop me at this point is a tierd system of payment like you have with GS/DR right now. I will not put up with people willing to pay more getting more. Right now in GS there are too many benefits over the tier 1 service, BUT you pay too much for those too many benefits. It's a doublewhammy.

If given the two options:
10 (120/yr) dollars a month tier 1, 40 (480/yr) dollars a month premium
- or -
30 dollars a month (360/yr) flat no tiered service

I'd take the 30 dollars a month. But my absolute max for me to want to stay with this game would probaby be 35$ a month.

I'd pay 49.99 for the box

69.99 for a collectors edition if it had some goodies

15 a month for subscription unless they really wow'd me and had features that I thought were worth the cost. Then I'd only pay 18-20.

Sylvado said:
I'd go to $75/month for the right game.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and not question how great a person Sylvado is and all that, but that's crazy.

I'd never pay pass 19.95 a month since I pay for 2 accounts. 40 bucks a month with at the most 2 to 5 hours of play a day, no more than 20 hours a week of play. That's a damn dollar an hour and I'm certain there's hookers who don't charge that.

Max for me would be $60 for the game and $15 a month. I might tolerate payijng a bit over $15 if I really enjoy the game, but $20 and over I will not pay monthly for a game. If the average monthly prices of MMORPGS end up going over $20 a month i'll stick to single player games or free multiplayer games like NWN.

Like many of you have stated I'll also pay around 50-70 for the box. My max price per month....thats a tuff one probably around 20. I may pay more but haven't really had to decide yet. But with the way they listen to the community I'm sure they'll end up going with something around the industry standard of 15.

If there were no boxes to buy, would that increase your willingness to spend more per month? If you paid enough per month that expansions were cheap or free, would that make a difference?

On the flip side, if you had a very inexpensive monthly rate but paid for perks like quarterly merchant events, would you spend the extra money to attend the events? And if so, what would you be willing to pay?

Hey, look! I'm running a poll! :smiley:

I think if the box was cheap or even free I still wouldn't go too much higher on my monthly fee. Due to the fact lets say instead of a $20 a month price there is a $30 a month. Well in 5 months im already over what I woulda paid for the box so im again spending more.

Now lets say I had to buy it for $50 and then had a $10 a month fee. But on the other hand I would have to pay $5 for an event here $20 for an expansion there. It would quickly add up right??

When changing a pricing model around so that it ends up making you spend quite a bit more then the average mmo its going to imo deter some people away. Now if its a slight increase to lets say $20 a month. Hey np, I can deal with that. And so can most consumers that will play the game.

Biggest thing about it is you have to give the illusion that its not only a value but its something fun. Many new players will look and be like oh L2 charges $15 a month and I don't have to pay for expansions. But this HJ game charges me $40 a month for the whole game(ie premium acct) and I pay for expansions and I have to pay for events WOW THEY ARE GREEDY. See where I'm goin??

Start with industry standard pricing imo. If your not making a profit or you need to adjust pricing to pay for your umpteen hundred of GM's then adjust pricing in small incraments until desired cash flow is recieved.

Just my 2 cents.

hj-sylveria said:
If there were no boxes to buy, would that increase your willingness to spend more per month? If you paid enough per month that expansions were cheap or free, would that make a difference?

On the flip side, if you had a very inexpensive monthly rate but paid for perks like quarterly merchant events, would you spend the extra money to attend the events? And if so, what would you be willing to pay?

Hey, look! I'm running a poll! :smiley:

No box does nothing for me.

Inexpensive "perks" annoy me.

I want to pay 50 for the game and 15 a month- revolutionalize content but not my wallet :smiley:

Back