What is the =maximum= that you'd be willing to pay for a game?

What is the maximum you would spend per month for one Game

• $15 and under

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • $16-20

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • $21-30

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • $31-40

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • $41 and over

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
Zink said:
Yes they're selling me, but that doesn't matter. People should join because they hear about it from a freind not because a huge corperation is spending millions of dollars to have themself advertised on every channel possible. It brings in millions of people, many of which are not the kinds of people who make a gaming experience goo. Sure that makes money for the company so they can, in turn, spend it on enhacing the game but the DON'T enhance the game. That means that we have to play with a bunch of retards in WoW and we don't get anything in return.[/whiney]

*looks up* OMG did I do that? Oh....

I wonder what WoW you're playing. It's already filled with tons of retards that shouldn't be allowed even own a PC let alone play online. Yes, the same can be said about plenty of other games, but commercials are certainly not to be blamed for that. If anything, it would help HJ reach to some new audiences and be a rather effecient form of PR. So far, I think I've seen a total of 2 mmorpgs with commercials, neither of which come on very often. My point is that very few pure online computer games put out any sort of advertisement on TV, which makes it an untouched, open way to enter ~80% of the houses in america.

I guess what you're saying is right, especially that WoW is already filled with retards, it just brings in more. If HJ had an efficeint advertising method and spent the money they got from the new people coming in it might mean good to the populace as long as most of the retards stayed in WoW or in one server. The last thing we need in HJ is a bunch of "uber 1337" 6 year olds running around calling people noobs.

blur said:
Question is, does HJ want quality, paying a premium... or quanity, paying slightly less?

Is a difficult question if you just make it black or white.
Luckily there are plenty of "gray" area between, and I'm sure HJ will find its way somewhere between.

If simu going to add PvP, PvE and RP dedicated servers, I really hope the RP servers will keep the immature to a minimum (if simu working hard on keeping it a RP server). I played on wow RP server and it was actually pretty good the first 6 month (maybe a little more). Then it became a "easy server to win the "elite" contest"-server instead, when blizzard didn't work on keeping the server RP. RP was no more and and everything turned into a immature playground.

Important to add tho, I didn't really liked WoW, even though i played it for 1.5year or so. The End game raiding combined with the idiotic hunt for better gear, is the worst game content ever.

That's a good point. A savvy, non-RP guild will target the RP server as the soft way to get ahead. Something has to be done to stop that happening. HJ folk, take note.

There just needs to be more middle ground players. The RP elite is as bad as the uber 1337, I hope they make a RPPVP 3L17E server.
Here's something beguiling tho. That folks want RP servers to enforce RP by getting rid of people who use abbreviations.

Got a general question pertaining to why someone would pay more for RP enforcement then. What is RP enforcement? To me, I've seen it mostly become the players reporting stupid named characters. Then there's folks who report every little thing such as the use of lol. That's a little extreme.

Roleplaying enforcement can be considered:

No talking about OOC subjects except in private chat. (i.e. school, work, politics, hobbies, other games, movies, etc.)
No acronyms in speech.
Scrict naming guidelines.
CvC rather than PvP. (i.e. Your character can have a conflict with other characters, but the conflict ends there. Your other character can't "hate" them, or your character cannot "hate" their other character.)

You do not have to pretend to be someone else to still be in character. You can still have the same personality, and basically be yourself, as long as you're not talking about World War II and the effects it had on the world. You can't talk about Tom Cruise and how weird he is. You can however talk about what is going on in Elanthia, about someone else that plays the game.

People who are blatantly OOC would recieve warnings. If they keep getting warned for the same, or similar things, there would be lockouts, probably a few hours at first, then a day, then three days, and up to a week if not permanently.

Besides all of that, the rules of the world may be slightly different to support roleplay.

Note that I don't know if there will be lockouts, there are in our other games, and they do go to permanent if you push it. If we do have lockouts, I don't know that they would be permanent. This is just an example of RP enforcement, not how it WILL be.

Roleplaying enforcement can be considered:

No talking about OOC subjects except in private chat. (i.e. school, work, politics, hobbies, other games, movies, etc.)
No acronyms in speech.
Scrict naming guidelines.
CvC rather than PvP. (i.e. Your character can have a conflict with other characters, but the conflict ends there. Your other character can't "hate" them, or your character cannot "hate" their other character.)

You do not have to pretend to be someone else to still be in character. You can still have the same personality, and basically be yourself, as long as you're not talking about World War II and the effects it had on the world. You can't talk about Tom Cruise and how weird he is. You can however talk about what is going on in Elanthia, about someone else that plays the game.

People who are blatantly OOC would recieve warnings. If they keep getting warned for the same, or similar things, there would be lockouts, probably a few hours at first, then a day, then three days, and up to a week if not permanently.

Besides all of that, the rules of the world may be slightly different to support roleplay.

Note that I don't know if there will be lockouts, there are in our other games, and they do go to permanent if you push it. If we do have lockouts, I don't know that they would be permanent. This is just an example of RP enforcement, not how it WILL be.

I agree with all of this. I think RP should be enforced as it is not something hard to do. All you have to do to RP is NOT talk about stuff other than Elanthia.

How that not quite true? i know it's encouraged to really put your heart into roleplaying, but technically, you can just not talk about anything and not break the rp rules.

How that not quite true? i know it's encouraged to really put your heart into roleplaying, but technically, you can just not talk about anything and not break the rp rules.
Because you can still talk about the game world in ways that aren't RPing. I could talk about the game world at great length in ways that would totally break roleplaying.

well, i didn't mean talk about stuff like "wow. the devs sure ----ed this up. I don't get the story from this npc noob. lol"

Good,solid rules although the no acronyms in speech is a tid bit harsh...

I'm talking about "extreme" acronyms. In DR the weapon classes are generally all cut down to two letters by the players.

Medium Edge is ME
Light Edge is LE
Two-handed Heavy Edge is 2HE (I think, I don't use it..)

If you get my point, those fly by okay, but there are other things that wouldn't go over well, like calling guild leaders NPCs for example.

I see what Daax was saying and agree. It's not like it's hard to pretend. D&D fans will do fine.
NB: My exact phrase was "not quite true". I didn't say he was wrong. I just said that what he was saying was not quite true. And I've given an example of that to prove it.

Back