Politics What is the most serious problem in the world?

What is the most serious problem facing the world today?

• Terrorism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Global poverty

• Nuclear proliferation/weapons of mass destruction

• Ethnic/religious tensions and conflict

• Environmental degradation/climate change

• Energy shortages

• War

• Diseases

• Financial instability

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
Why was Bush not a choice? JK, but seriously, I think we are the biggest problem (Besides our imbecile president) People create the problems, religion, poverty, war, terrorism, people, any human, causes these problems. It's not like someone else is doing this except us. We are the reason for all these problems, whether I or you are doing these things or not. It's people in general. But to me its Bush that is a serious problem to everyone too, we are led under an incompedent ruler :nonono:. A lot of people agree, anyone heard Eminem's song Mosh? Or hear the line from the song Rain Man? I was not part of the problem in bring him back for another term -_- , I voted Kerry.

Most serious problem in the world?

George Bush and his foreign policies.

George Bush and his ideals.

George Bush trying to make Americans into some sort of United States of Christians Only.

George Bush and his privitization of Social Security. (sorry, mom, it'll all be gone for you)

George Bush and his broad talk and magical way of answering a question without answering a question.

George Bush.

The horrible situation in Darfur. Yes, Bush, it's GENOCIDE!

The horrible situation in Iraq and the deplorable conditions our soldiers are in. Yes, Bush, it's your fault.

And yes.

George Bush.

And like someone earlier said, Don't blame me, I voted for Kerry.

Natalia said:
The concept of tolerance has completely disappeared, and nobody is even willing to listen to another person's viewpoint because they are so busy trying to force their religion onto people who don't want it.
[post="1074083"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

BRAVO! QUITE POSSIBLY THE MOST INTELLIGENT THING I'VE HEARD SOMEONE SAY IN YEARS!

PEOPLE, LISTEN UP! NATALIA MAY BE ON TO SOMETHING HERE.

Finally, a person who understands that not everyone shares in the same personal/religious beliefs.

victoriaellis said:
Most serious problem in the world?

George Bush and his foreign policies.

George Bush and his ideals.

George Bush trying to make Americans into some sort of United States of Christians Only.

George Bush and his privitization of Social Security. (sorry, mom, it'll all be gone for you)

George Bush and his broad talk and magical way of answering a question without answering a question.

George Bush.

The horrible situation in Darfur. Yes, Bush, it's GENOCIDE!

The horrible situation in Iraq and the deplorable conditions our soldiers are in. Yes, Bush, it's your fault.

And yes.

George Bush.

And like someone earlier said, Don't blame me, I voted for Kerry.
[post="1112149"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
So.. you don't like Bush? :thinking:
j/k :P I'm not a huge fan either...
The most serious problem in the world.. I don't really know. It's more of a combination of all of them, and our human ability to just ignore them :rolleyes:

well, freaky, hate to break it to you, but politics are everything. there's a great quote: "Politics is not a picture on a wall or a television sitcom you can decide you don't much care for. Is the person who prescribes your eyeglasses qualified to do so? How deep will you be buried when you die? What textbooks are your children learning from at school? What will happen if you become seriously ill? Is the meat you're eating tainted? Will you be able to afford to go to college or to send your kids? Would you like a vacation? Expect to retire before you die? Can you find a job? Drive a car? Afford insurance? Is your credit card company or your banker or your broker ripping you off? It's all politics, Bubba. You don't get to opt out for lack of interest." - Molly Ivins.

of course politics get us places. politicians decide our lives, basically: our education, our bodies, our health, who we can marry, if we'll be sent to die for our country. you think they don't get us anywhere? then why is it that our education system is better now than it was a hundred years ago, we have integration, we can get birth control legally, we have social security, we have welfare? you think it just happened? of course not...it was all politics.

Well Ethnic/religious tensions and conflicts does cause a lot of the other options in the poll. It happens... knowingly and unawarely.

I'm actually quite worried about the global population growth. In 2000, the world had 6.1 billion human inhabitants. This number could rise to more than 9 billion in the next 50 years. For the last 50 years, world population multiplied more rapidly than ever before, and more rapidly than it will ever grow in the future. The 2000 growth rate of 1.4 percent, when applied to the world's 6.1 billion population, yields an annual increase of about 85 million people. Because of the large and increasing population size, the number of people added to the global population will remain high for several decades, even as growth rates continue to decline.

Between 2000 and 2030, nearly 100 percent of this annual growth will occur in the less developed countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, whose population growth rates are much higher than those in more developed countries. Growth rates of 1.9 percent and higher mean that populations would double in about 36 years, if these rates continue. Thankfully such rates will not sustain indefinitely.

But even still, we are living in an ever more crowded community. When you have population growth like these that inevitably leads to resource competitino, we end up with all of the other problems that are listed above.

Xin Li

i said other
id have to say the biggest problem is hating one another
like religious groups hating others, countries hating one another
hate causes all things like war and terrorism

I think terrorism and war are the most terroble problems in the world. But the other things which were mentioned are also very important to be improved or solved( if it's possible).
I think our answers depend on what we have seen newest, or about what we have heard latest of these problems. there is just so much wrong in this world.

I disagree with lots of those things

but war/terroists are the main two i dont like

war=weapons
weapoons=people
people=innocents
innocents=death

we aren't here on earth to fight... i know there is know way to stop conflict but who is to say conflict can never be resolved?

I say financial instability since it causes a lot of the other things...or so I believe.

unstable finances can create poverty. and money talks a lot in the world. money causes weapons development and can become a reason for joining or not joining a war. if money weren't an issue, we'd probably have a lot more peace.

but then again...who knows.

adding:

just speculating...not trying to be mean or anything...but want to bring up some questions.

considering quite a handful chose this, i want to ask: why would terrorism be considered a major problem?

is this because of the war in iraq?

terrorism has always existed. i doubt any amount of fighting will get rid of it. unless you live in a utopia...which i doubt anyone would want to...

before the war in iraq, however, terrorism wasn't always making news headlines, least not where i lived, just like world hunger. it takes a major event, like the iraq war, to make the world realize how widespread it is. people may know that it exists, but think little of it. It's an accepted fact. It's only when the prospect of being able to act on it does some reaction, some hope, occur.

i guess in conclusion...what im wondering/asking is: was the US' declaration of war against terrorism what led to the fact that terrorism is the most serious problem in the world?

feel free to correct me if im wrong in my speculation in any way!

Back