What is your Favorite part of Cosmology?

Best Part of Cosmology to Me is

• Exploration/Discoveries

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Theory/Conjecture

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • The Pictures, man!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Time/Distances

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quantum/Microscale

• MacroScales/Large Structure

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • SETI/Astrobiology

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Space Physics/Characteristics

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Not interested in Space

• Other - Comment

• Total voters
Exploration and discovery........man is an exploratory creature; ever since man first looked outward, its' been a given that, when faced with an unknown place to explore or something to discover, man invariably goes out and explores the unknown, whether it was Columbus sailing across the Atlantic or the Apollo astronauts going to the moon. Discovery is another facet of man; ever since Prometheus first brought fire to the world, man's always wanted to know, What's out there? What's that? What mysteries are out there? The two seemingly go together; where man explores, he inevitably discovers something about, not just about the world as a whole, but about himself also.

I have to agree with the Mythbusters fan above me there, mlittle2005, that exploration and discovery excite me most of all about cosmology!
I'd love nothing more than to hop into my own spaceship and explore the universe and discover new aliens and cultures.
Since I can't, I'll have to live vicariously through those that can, lol!

I suspect, from reading above, that on a crisp winter night that I'm not the only one who occasionally finds them self outside past midnight just staring up at the full moon that is so bright that it's like a giant flashlight beaming down at them.

:eek:

I suspect, from reading above, that on a crisp winter night that I'm not the only one who occasionally finds them self outside past midnight just staring up at the full moon that is so bright that it's like a giant flashlight beaming down at them.

:eek:

I suspect man's been doing that for millenia....that's part of what makes exploration/discovery so exciting; it's looking outward and wondering what is out there... :cool:

i agree with all above. exploration and discovery are it for me. i do stand outside alot in the winter and stare up and wish and wonder, hope and dream.

can it be real that the stars beckon me, gripping my essence and calling me home.
can it be the truth that tells me that my journey is about complete.
it is the wonder. it is the awe. it is life.

Back