What kind of player are you?

overall: Achievement 55%. Socializing 73%. Immersion 65%
Achievement: Advancement 79%. Mechanics 9%. Competition 75%.
Social: Chat 98%. Relate 79%. Teamwork 2%.
Immersion: Discovery 96%. Role-Play 12%. Customization 97%. Escapism 5%.
This is accurate enough.

Overall: Achievement-38%. Socializing-57%. Immersion-45%.
Achievment: Advancement-15%, Mechanics-84%, Competition-36%
Socializing: Chat-41%, Relate-69%, Teamwork-59%
Immersion: Discovery-25%, Role-Playing-47%, Customization-53%, Escapism-74%

That is a weird test.

They don't seem to make a distinction between players and characters and beinbg asked "How often do you role play your character?" irreversibly burst my bubble. Isn't this a test for roleplaying games? Do they mean how ofter do I role play my character in the street or something? That would be a hell of a lot weirder as an action, but would be more acceptable as a question.

My results...

Advancement: 4%
Mechanics: 19%
Competition: 10%
Overall Achievement: 5%

Chat: 44%
Relate: 66%
Teamwork: 2%
Overall Socialization: 23%

Discovery: 94%
Customization: 69%
Escapism: 42%
Overall Immersion: 82%

~ Jaraeth

Neat Test.

My results:

Advancement: 34%
Mechanics: 28%
Competition: 48%
Overall Achievement: 32%

Chat: 88%
Relate: 23%
Teamwork: 6%
Overall Socialization: 38%

Discovery: 93%
Customization: 99%
Escapism: 47%
Overall Immersion: 99% !!!

My results:

Advancement: 1%
Mechanics: 83%
Competition: 18%
Overall Achievement: 13%

Socializing: 21%
Relationship: 37%
Teamwork: 23%
Overall Socializing: 19%

Discovery: 93%
Roleplaying: 69%
Customization: 89%
Escapism: 83%
Overall Immersion: 93%

Yup, very similar results to the bartle test (ESAK for those who know it). Interesting thing for me was the large difference in Mechanics compared to rest of Achievement score. I love to figure things out :smiley:

Very cool test. I wasn't surprised with the results:

Advancement: 92%
Mechanics: 30%
Competition: 100%
Overall Achievement: 95%

Chat: 19%
Relate: 9%
Teamwork: 23%
Overall Socialization: 9%

Discovery: 29%
Role Playing: 2%
Customization: 54%
Escapism: 2%
Overall Immersion: 5%

Advancement: 34%
Mechanics: 38%
Competition: 48%
Overall Achievement: 36%

Chat: 80%
Relate: 69%
Teamwork: 72%
Overall Socialization: 81%

Discovery: 30%
Customization: 76%
Escapism: 56%
Overall Immersion: 65%
-----------------------------------------
I find it interesting that the majority of us here rank high in the immersion and social and low in the achievement. Has me curious to if we will all be happy in HJ or some will be disappointed. :confused:

Your Achievement percentile rank is 54%. Your Socializing percentile rank is 10%. And your Immersion percentile rank is 68%.

Customization I need customization period. I got turned off in warcrft the minute i hit level 60 and noticed everyone was forced to use certain armor even mix and match the same armor just to be a part of some stupid forced build. And to be hoenst, the moment i have to be forced to use the same wyr combination to keep up i will quit. I dont wanna run into anyone who looks like me, or fights like me. Customization neds to be availible not only in looks but as far as skill choice, weapon choice, and wyr choice. A fire mage doesnt mean, some guy who uses a set instone attack sequence to win every fight like in warcraft. Doesnt mean, every sword user swings the sword exactly the same way, no matter they are male or female, or human whatever. I hate playing games where everyone moves the same, swings the same, attacks, and sound the same.

Immersion My ability to immerse myself in a game relies heavily on my customization. If my character feel like he is just a footsoilder, then i dont care what he does, i just play it like a console game, get to max level and then stop playing. My ability to define what my character does will affect my ability to enjoy the game. There hasnt been anygame that has been good with customization or character freedom, i am hoping HJ shatters the mold. I really want MMO's to arrive at the point where my only limitation really is my imagination, not the games rules, and imaginary boundries.

Unique storyline the Journey system was a huge selling point for me, just the thought that i can spawn my own unique nemesis has me wanting to test this system. But i am hoping it is real indepth, such as, your nemisis gets stronger as you get stronger, has his or her own name, his own consistant troop, combat style, even his own look, hell maybe his look changes every few levels, but its the same person, until i kill him or something. I dont want it to be something slapped together, like getting randomly ambushed in city of hero's, with ambushes that werent threatening to begin with. I hope whatever enemies i spawn will actually feel like real threats, and real archnemisis. Also, he/she needs to have a valid reason for hunting me, nothing silly.

Quests Need to have a lot of quests, i mean tons. They dont all have to be meaning full, but they shouldnt all be worthless either. Quest should allow for everything rangeing from learning rare skills, to earning rare upgrade items.

Economy I really want it so that money has a minimal use in the game world, real money as well as ingame items. I think that is the downfall to most games, is having it so any amount of money can get you the best stuff. I want it so that you have to do a cool quest line, or kill a certain mob to get the good stuff. Just offer so many alternate ways to get it, im not a fan of just getting a pile of cash then buying whatever you want.

PvP Solo, group, wide scale, i wanna see some good pvp. Especially the war type, where is just open war against anyone in your path type thing. Hopefully some pvp zones will be introduced, nothing as stupid as batlegrounds, queues are a turnoff, more like CoH, where you zone in, and have the chance to kill anyone running around that zone.

World The world has to be huge, unlike city of heroes where the world feels like a small box, the world has to be massive, i dont wanna feel like i am in a sandbox just running from wall to wall bouncing back and forth.

Diversity On the same level of customization, abilities need to be diverse, skills, looks. Monsters, Mounts, weapons, gear, etc. I think HJ will cover this, but i am waiting to see.

Im all about immersion and roleplaying, and exploration to an extent
"Your Achievement percentile rank is 41%. Your Socializing percentile rank is 58%. And your Immersion percentile rank is 89%."

Your Achievement percentile rank is 9%. Your Socializing percentile rank is 34%. And your Immersion percentile rank is 40%.

Community: Now, I very rarely join guilds, and I don't think that should limit my involvement with the community. I like talking to people, and just generally having meaningful interactions.

Role Play: I like it when a game supports Role Playing. This means that it has proper character customization, and presents a world in which RP comes naturally. Having a long list of emotes and fluff items would be quite nice.

Fun: This is rather subjective, I know, but it's still imortant. Having interesting mobs, environments, and scenarios is vital to this, in my opinion. Sorry I can't be more specific.

I am looking forward to

Story: This is the big one for me. I am one of those guys who keep their party waiting because they want to read the quest descriptions. I enjoyed the continous story-line in WoW (which popped up now and again throughout your entire career). These stories fill the world with life and give meaning to the tasks you perform. This way it is not just: Deal with XXX to get YYY XP, but deal with XXX because this quest A which you did two weaks ago in cave B over there released this terrible curse (C) on us (D) and we would dearly love to get rid of it and the pimples (E) it gave us as well, thank you so very much.

Exploration: I like a huge and diverse world with new landscapes and wonders to be found even after spending a long time in the world ("wonders" includes things like an abandoned tent in the middle of a desert...). I hate it though when I get lots of Fed-Ex quests where I have to run back and forth through the same forest a 100 times.

Roleplaying: This is actually wrong, since this thread is called "What kind of player are you?". I didn't get the opportunity in WoW (where I joined the PvP-server some friends were already playing on) or CoV (the community is not very good for RP I found and Guilds and groups are rather volatile). But since I am rather fed up with that kind of MMORPG (and I still love pen and paper RP), I hope to find a nicer community in HJ.

That's a good question, especially considering the vast spectrum of gamers out there.

For me, I like to have steady character advancement, not BAMBAMBAM HA I'm at max level in like a month, but also not like "I've been playing for 3 years and I just dinged level 5 this morning." Defiantely a happy median where your rate of advancement is proportional to the amount of time you put in...or something like that.

One of the most important aspects for me personally, is story. WoW really broke my heart by hazing zero plotline or story-driven content. I like to feel as if I'm part of the world when I'm playing, that my character and my friends characters feel as if they are there for a reason, and not merely set loose in a world with no direction other than: "So, yeah...you don't like this group of people. They're like, bad...and stuff. Well...have fun."
Without a good storyline to not only flesh out your world, but to drive you through it, you've basically got "Generic Fantasy Themed Game #FR65447.c"
I want some meat on them there bones!

As I saw in some other posts...exploration. I love to explore and discover new areas and fantastic sights. For me finding a hidden little niche where I have s tunnign view of a massive waterfall, or a hill where you can sit and see a gorgeous panorama as the sun sets or rises, is at least equal to going: "ZOMG I R TEH UBER! I found the lost Holy Ladle of Holy Holiness...+5!"
Exploration and the neat, personal, rewards that come with it give a game more character and can also, like storylines, give it a more grand and epic feel.

Finally, as my brain can only throw out so much at one time, is community. I love to solo as much as the next guy, but I also like to group. But thwen I do, I want it to be with fun, outgoing and just plain cool people. WoW is the perfect example of a community I absolutely loathe. E-peens and ego stroking, flaming and newbie bashing. It all smacks of elemntary school to me...if elemntary school had lost it's level of maturity...
Especially for an MMO, the community can make or break the game.

Anduril said:
That's a good question, especially considering the vast spectrum of gamers out there.

For me, I like to have steady character advancement, not BAMBAMBAM HA I'm at max level in like a month, but also not like "I've been playing for 3 years and I just dinged level 5 this morning." Defiantely a happy median where your rate of advancement is proportional to the amount of time you put in...or something like that.

One of the most important aspects for me personally, is story. WoW really broke my heart by hazing zero plotline or story-driven content. I like to feel as if I'm part of the world when I'm playing, that my character and my friends characters feel as if they are there for a reason, and not merely set loose in a world with no direction other than: "So, yeah...you don't like this group of people. They're like, bad...and stuff. Well...have fun."
Without a good storyline to not only flesh out your world, but to drive you through it, you've basically got "Generic Fantasy Themed Game #FR65447.c"
I want some meat on them there bones!

As I saw in some other posts...exploration. I love to explore and discover new areas and fantastic sights. For me finding a hidden little niche where I have s tunnign view of a massive waterfall, or a hill where you can sit and see a gorgeous panorama as the sun sets or rises, is at least equal to going: "ZOMG I R TEH UBER! I found the lost Holy Ladle of Holy Holiness...+5!"
Exploration and the neat, personal, rewards that come with it give a game more character and can also, like storylines, give it a more grand and epic feel.

Finally, as my brain can only throw out so much at one time, is community. I love to solo as much as the next guy, but I also like to group. But thwen I do, I want it to be with fun, outgoing and just plain cool people. WoW is the perfect example of a community I absolutely loathe. E-peens and ego stroking, flaming and newbie bashing. It all smacks of elemntary school to me...if elemntary school had lost it's level of maturity...
Especially for an MMO, the community can make or break the game.

Great post Anduril.

Discovery and PVP: These are the biggest dobs on my nob in the the great wheel of MMOs. When I say discovery, I don't just mean finding new areas. I also mean discovering things that noone has thought of. Maybe a new ability or weapon. A new build that others have probably not even considered or even shunned at the thought of.

And my road to discovery often leads me to my unyielding desire from PVP. I love to pit my skills up against others to prove I'm the best. And I love it even more if I've discovered something new that allows me to dominate on the field.

Your Achievement percentile rank is 33%. Your Socializing percentile rank is 60%. And your Immersion percentile rank is 54%.

Man, I'm average. I'm basically an escapist gamer that loves building a character and interacting with fellow adventurers and an immersive game world.

I've always been a online text gamer (GS3, DR, AD&D) and a console game fan.

I'm hoping that Hero's Journey has all the roleplaying potential of a text game with the immersive, engaging, character-building potential of a graphic game.

Or am I asking for too much?

Back