Season 5 What Kristin on E!Online said about Vaughn

(n)

This is from Kristin on EOnline.com from October 1, 2005:

10/01 - As you can probably tell by last night's episode, Michael Vartan is no longer a series regular on ALIAS. Howevah! They are WORKING ON getting Michael Vartan back for 1-3 episodes this season ... but so far, no deal. As I understand it, the ball is in his court. I have no idea as to HOW they would bring it back ... but remember, ANYTHING can (and does!) happen on Alias, and JJ's words just keep ringing through my head: "The Vaughn storyline is NOT what it seems."

I dont know about you but 1 to 3 episodes is just not enough. He is an essential character.

Also, why wouldnt Vartan want to come back??!? Maybe its Jennifers marriage to dear ol' Ben? Or the fact shes preggers with Ben's baby?!? Could he just not come back!?! :eek:

This is just not cool.!

What do you guys think!?

(n)
This is from Kristin on EOnline.com from October 1, 2005:

10/01 - As you can probably tell by last night's episode, Michael Vartan is no longer a series regular on ALIAS. Howevah! They are WORKING ON getting Michael Vartan back for 1-3 episodes this season ... but so far, no deal. As I understand it, the ball is in his court. I have no idea as to HOW they would bring it back ... but remember, ANYTHING can (and does!) happen on Alias, and JJ's words just keep ringing through my head: "The Vaughn storyline is NOT what it seems."
I dont know about you but 1 to 3 episodes is just not enough. He is an essential character.

Also, why wouldnt Vartan want to come back??!? Maybe its Jennifers marriage to dear ol' Ben? Or the fact shes preggers with Ben's baby?!? Could he just not come back!?! :eek:
This is just not cool.!

What do you guys think!?

We wouldn't have to worry about him coming back if TPTB hadn't let him go in the first place. If they hadn't been the ones that let him go, if it was Michael who asked to be released from his contract, there would have been a stipulation placed that he return for a certain amount of episodes, or return if he was needed. He was under contract for one more season after this one. TPTB are the ones who held all the cards in this situation.

If Michael doesn't return, TPTB are the only ones who are to blame. It was their fault for not realizing what an integral part of the show he was and what a large fanbase Vartan/Vaughn has. If they had, they wouldn't be scurrying to get him to sign back on for the 1-3 episodes.

Don't blame Michael for this situation. Place the blame where it belongs...on TPTB.

Edited topic description.

Also, please please please dont' speculate about why Michael's not coming back, etc. Espeically don't try to bring the Ben/Jennifer relationsihp into it. It's a) rude and b) pointless

Thanks

--Mandy :angelic:

i hope they're just telling everyone that he won't come back, just so that we're all really, really surprised when he does

I definitely don't think that's the case. It's obvious that Michael is without contract as the following article suggests. An actor under contract for one show is usually not allowed to do appearances on shows that air on rival networks...unless the people at Alias were doing him a favor (which I doubt), then I think it's obvious from this article and what Kristen said that Michael is without contract.

And as of now there is no confirmation that he is going to return for any upcoming Alias episodes.

Vartan, Cooper Reunite on 'Kitchen Confidential'
(Friday, September 30 10:06 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Michael Vartan's "Alias" character didn't fare so well in Thursday night's season premiere, but the actor will resurface soon with one of his former co-stars.
FOX says Vartan will guest-star on a forthcoming episode of its freshman comedy "Kitchen Confidential," which stars his former "Alias" castmate Bradley Cooper. The episode begins shooting next week; an airdate hasn't been set.

Vartan, a native of France, will play an arrogant French chef named Michel who copies Jack's (Cooper) menu at his own restaurant and sets out to steal Mimi (Bonnie Somerville) as well. His actions spark a nasty feud between the crew at Jack's Nolita and Michel's bistro.

(WARNING: We're about to discuss plot points from the season premiere of "Alias." If you haven't watched it yet, you might want to click away.)

Michael Vaughn, the CIA agent Vartan plays on "Alias," was gunned down by a rogue agent in Thursday's (Sept. 29) season premiere. The show's producers have said Vartan is still part of the "Alias" family, and while it's not unprecedented for characters to return from the dead, he isn't set to return in the near future.

Vartan co-starred in the feature film "Monster-in-Law" earlier this year and has also appeared in "One Hour Photo," "Never Been Kissed" and "The Myth of Fingerprints." In addition to "Alias," his TV credits include the miniseries "The Mists of Avalon" and guest spots on "Friends" and "Ally McBeal."

Edited topic description.

Also, please please please dont' speculate about why Michael's not coming back, etc. Espeically don't try to bring the Ben/Jennifer relationsihp into it. It's a) rude and b) pointless

Thanks

--Mandy :angelic:

Sorry ... :( Wont happen again.. :D

I dont understand the contract comment? so he's not on contract right now....b/c he wants to be able to join another show?

whats tptb?

We wouldn't have to worry about him coming back if TPTB hadn't let him go in the first place. If they hadn't been the ones that let him go, if it was Michael who asked to be released from his contract, there would have been a stipulation placed that he return for a certain amount of episodes, or return if he was needed. He was under contract for one more season after this one. TPTB are the ones who held all the cards in this situation.

If Michael doesn't return, TPTB are the only ones who are to blame. It was their fault for not realizing what an integral part of the show he was and what a large fanbase Vartan/Vaughn has. If they had, they wouldn't be scurrying to get him to sign back on for the 1-3 episodes.

Don't blame Michael for this situation. Place the blame where it belongs...on TPTB.

What is TPTB?!?

I soo think he's still alive, (its probably coz I dont want to think thats hes really dead) I dont think that he'd leave coz of Jennifer and Ben having a baby and getting married. I saw on a site (cant remember which one it was) a blooper with Michael Vartan and Jennifer Gartan kissing and then having a joke about it later on!!

That was a season 4 thing but I dont think it makes much difference! JJ. Abrams is probably trying to make us think he's dead and then bring him back unexpectedly!!

thats what I know and think anyway's, but I could be wrong

Luv Em :ninja: :stick: :Ph34r:

Back