what movie am I thinking?

eycel

Cadet
Its a sci fi movie I am pretty sure. There is a part in it where this guy is climbing up these poles in order to stay alive in this type of game contest show. A number of people had went before him and all died. I remmeber the contestents wearing suit type things, this is about all I can remmeber of the movie... Any one had any ideas?

Also another movie about a buisness man trapped in a skyscraper and wants to kill him. He gets thrown threw all this air ventilation system inside it with one scene?

Its a sci fi movie I am pretty sure. There is a part in it where this guy is climbing up these poles in order to stay alive in this type of game contest show. A number of people had went before him and all died. I remmeber the contestents wearing suit type things, this is about all I can remmeber of the movie... Any one had any ideas?

Also another movie about a buisness man trapped in a skyscraper and wants to kill him. He gets thrown threw all this air ventilation system inside it with one scene?

(y) :smiley: First, welcome to the forum!

Don't know about the second film, eycel...........the first one sounds somewhat like The Running Man, but I'm not certain of that. :eek: :eek:

(y) :smiley: First, welcome to the forum!

Don't know about the second film, eycel...........the first one sounds somewhat like The Running Man, but I'm not certain of that. :eek: :eek:

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the welcome. ITs not running man though, as that what I was fearing some one would post that. It does sound alot like it though dosnt it. All I can remember, is there is a part in this movie where these contestands have to climb up this tall structure type thing in this, it almost is like a vacum or something, but they climb to the top to stay alive but if they fail they die. They have to swing across these pull up bars, and they are spread out in this high room. It might be for something like not a contestand but more for part of the story like if they suceed then they get to go on some type of mission.

Could it be Soldier? Soldier (1998) - IMDb

A new type of soldier is created and there is a fight set up between the best old generation soldier (Kurt Russell) on some ropes or chains hanging from the ceiling in the exercise room. Kurt loses, falls, gets chucked in the waste disposal and dumped on a waste disposal planet.

Nope, its not solider or running man. This is an older film, If I were to guess maybee in the 70's. Could be later then that too, The best I can describe it is there is this man wiht a jump suit, jumping off these bars in tihs large tall room, these bars are set up across the span of the room and he has to reach the top of this room in order to survive.

Eycel, is it the movie The GOLDEN CHILD, there is a scence where Eddy Murphy must carry a glass of water without spilling it by jumping from tall pillars to reach the other side over a deep and dangerous pit?

No no, ok if you can imagine a jungle jum, kids climbing on it in that way, this guy with this jump suit is climbing threw a large room, very tall. ITs very mysterious and 70s ish, its almost like a balncing act like those people do on the high wires, but this is just with bars that run from parts of the room, and the climber must climb threw this to the top.

I think you are talking about "Remo Williams, the Adventure Begins"

Go to 4 minutes 45 seconds for the scene I think you were describing.

Ha, good old Remo Williams, I thought the books were slightly better than the film, but only just. That scene was crazy at the time it came out, but probably a decade too late and not a game show, although memories can do funny things to us:

The mythical memories: How a fifth of us fondly recall happy events... that never actually happened

But according to scientists, many of our most treasured memories may never have actually happened.
In an astonishing study, psychologists discovered that one in five people vividly recalls incidents that they know did not take place.

Sorry I'm quoting the Daily Fail trying to talk about proper research. Going to the original research paper might be more credible and accurate if you can locate it

no thats not even close. Ok , I will describe it better if I can. There is one scene, it is remenecent to the running man with that type of 70s setting. There is this large room full of bars that this guy is climbing on. Its like the bar that athletes use when at the olympics, where they swing around on that one bar. Only there is no swinging, just climbing up this room. The guy has a jump suit on, and thats about al I can remember. It was on cable here in the USA. Iv posted on 3 fourms now and not 1 has even came close. I much apreciate people replying weather its close or not though as It gets me more viewers and might help to solve this mystery.

Ha, good old Remo Williams, I thought the books were slightly better than the film, but only just. That scene was crazy at the time it came out, but probably a decade too late and not a game show, although memories can do funny things to us:

The mythical memories: How a fifth of us fondly recall happy events... that never actually happened

Sorry I'm quoting the Daily Fail trying to talk about proper research. Going to the original research paper might be more credible and accurate if you can locate it

Remember it dosnt have to be a game show, but it felt like it just that once scene I can remember. I remember feeling like the world was different after watching this scene. It is a very disturbing movie in that sence, its more on the lines of a horror/sci fi thriller. I think it might have been some type of training for something else. For some reason Im picturing the room as being alot of yellow in it.

eycel, sorry, but that one is not ringing any bells for me either. :(

On a different note though, Remo Williams is a great popcorn movie. (y)

Back