What Old TV Series Would You Like To See Modernized?

Tom

An Old Friend
The Battlestar Galactica Series is a prime example of what I am talking about.
What Old TV series should get a modern treatment?

ME?
Lost In Space
or
Firefly
or
Space Patrol

I'd love to see Kolchak done right. ABC did one a few years ago but it was felgercarb.

I think Joss Whedon would love to redo firefly. I read somewhere it still gnaws on him that Firefly got canxd when it did.
Never cared for Lost in Space. depressing.
Not familiar with SP, sounds retro. (which is a good thing.)

not exactly SyFy, but Twin Peaks left some unanswered questions. Awesome show.

Never did Twin Peaks
I saw the Kolcheck one and the X-Files episode - A good Kolcheck would be very watchable
Space Patrol was a comedy series
Lost in Space was but an updated version could be set to explore what we now know about space

I've been jonesing for a space based saga for awhile now.

Mmmmm.... let me think a second.... how about...

Space: 1999
UFO
Blake's 7 (a reboot has been worked on off & on for years but nothing finished yet)

I'll always think of The X-Files as the spiritual successor to Kolchak and Chris Carter, creator of X-Files, freely admits that he was inspired by the classic '70s show.

Time Tunnel was also suggested! I had forgotten about that series. If they took a grittier approach to the look & feel of the tunnel, a bit like the older Stargate works, then the time travel element could have some great stories.

I'd love to see another Star Trek series come on the air...it's been way too long since they canned Enterprise.

I'd love to see another Firefly series, and I'd be more than willing to help them pen some episodes. Alas, I doubt that will ever happen (either part).

Mmmmm.... let me think a second.... how about...
Space: 1999
UFO
Blake's 7 (a reboot has been worked on off & on for years but nothing finished yet)
I'll always think of The X-Files as the spiritual successor to Kolchak and Chris Carter, creator of X-Files, freely admits that he was inspired by the classic '70s show.

Darren McGavin appeared in an episode as a former FBI man 'Arthur Dale'; I heard somewhere he was supposed to be Kolchak but couldn't get permission from the creator.

a new UFO would be fun. Didn't get to see that one much.

A Continuation of the Firefly Series or a new series similar to Firefly?
I would love to see both!
I think I'd rather see a new series based in the Firefly universe. Ten+ years has really aged the original cast, based on the Science channel special I saw the other day...maybe they could do some cameos.

Back