What really would happen if aliens came to this planet

I belive, the aliens already came here to Earth, just only few sellected people know it.

Also, in case, aliens would came here, there would not be such scenses, like in Independance day, or something like that. Scout ship would gather more than enough information about our planet, about our nature, about us, our industries, science and military power. After that, they would probably find us boring, and would watch us from distance, to make sure, we not going to creat something rly terrible, like powerfull weapon base on antimather or something even worse, like parents watching their kids, while those playing in sand box.

But would be cool to meet aliens like Santa Calus. I would write them a letter: Dear aliens, can I have a Providence Carrier from a Star Wars Episode III on this Cristmas pleas?:P

I belive, the aliens already came here to Earth, just only few sellected people know it.

Also, in case, aliens would came here, there would not be such scenses, like in Independance day, or something like that. Scout ship would gather more than enough information about our planet, about our nature, about us, our industries, science and military power. After that, they would probably find us boring, and would watch us from distance....
Who watches the watchers? :whistle:

Who Watches The Watchers (episode) | Memory Alpha | Fandom

If you consider that at 10% of the speed of light, it would only take about a million years to cross our Galaxy and you consider that the Galaxy is many billions of yeas old, one of two conditions exist. Either life is extremely rare in the Galaxy or they've already arrived. The latest data from Mars and other sources suggest that the requirements for life are fairly common throughout local space, so it it unlikely that life is rare. This leaves the question; if life has already arrived, why don't we know it?

The practical answer to this is that there is no reason to assume that visiting aliens technology would be within or or even ten million years of our own. Probably we are just too stupid to recognize them.

The more enjoyable answer, and the one that I think of after watching the evening news was given by Bill Waterson's Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes, "Maybe the best evidence of intelligent life is the fact that they've never tried to contact us."

Or maybe I'm just grouchy because NASA keeps insisting that I be "Qualified" before I get to ride on one of their spaceships. *Sigh*

Joel Stottlemire, Chief Editor
www.thedrydenexperiment.com

Maybe we look delicious to them. :whistle: Invites us to spaceship rides, while our top minds busily arguing about plasma fusion engines while in reality its truly a Frying Saucer.

Maybe we look delicious to them. :whistle: Invites us to spaceship rides, while our top minds busily arguing about plasma fusion engines while in reality its truly a Frying Saucer.
Just make sure you have a good translation of their books beforehand.

Twilight Zone - To Serve Man.jpg

I don't know too much about the science of it all but I like to think there is life out there and they are watching or even interacting with us, waiting for the time to be right.

I don't know too much about the science of it all but I like to think there is life out there and they are watching or even interacting with us, waiting for the time to be right.
If they are, I can only imagine that there's a lot of face-palming going on with our alien friends pretty regularly...

It is this type of discussion that got me writing in the first place. Humans are greedy by nature. It is the ridiculously rich that will pay for our travel to other planets and their reasons are not altruistic. We exploit each other for gain so if the greedy rich who want more, and they always do, they will pay big money to reap the huge rewards. Those who need a pay packet each month, and in actual fact the human race as a whole, have no choice but to follow. We have raped our own planet and our resources are dwindling so before we have nothing we have got to concentrate our efforts on going beyond our present boundaries. However, would aliens be any different? If they are like us then they would be doing the same but we should not judge aliens by using us as an example. We also have a good side. Volunteers regularly go to areas suffering famine and war torn grief and for no other reason than the ‘human nature’ of compassion for our fellow man.

I have no doubt there are aliens out there…the mathematical probability of alien existence is such that there are thousands upon thousands. I also have no doubt there are those that would wish to exploit us but I live in hope that there will also be those who like our volunteers, will come to us in our hour of need. The question is, do I want to be here in that hour of need?

In my first book ‘Energy Force’ we went looking for answers, technology and riches but found those in need. In ‘Beast of Nepal’ we were in need and the alien friends we had made came to our assistance and in ‘Light Bringer’ both we and our alien friends were prepared to answer the call for help by other aliens. I would hope that reality follows a similar path as one of the alternatives is that we would just be seen as a resource and given our present fragmented structure of separate competing countries, as opposed to a singular human race pulling together, we would be extremely vulnerable.

Sorry to push my books but if I as a writer can’t sell then I can’t write !

Energy Force UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A9JMWSK/?tag=coscfi-21

Energy Force US
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=digital-text&field-keywords=Energy Force Realm of the multiverse

Beast of Nepal UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C1PM8O8/?tag=coscfi-21

Beast of Nepal US
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C1PM8O8/?tag=coolscifi-20

Light Bringer UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/275-5358196-0527666?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Light Bringer Realms of the multiverse

Light Bringer US
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DL31962/?tag=coolscifi-20

I think they would come here for our manure. Surprisingly enough our manure may be highly sought after as a rare and unique monetary resource. Forget gold, silver or precious gems...in the vastness of space our manure may well be more valuable per gram than any of what we consider precious natural metals or gems.

We may literally be the goose that lays the golden egg(s)! We could turn out to be the galactic equivilent to Arrakus and our manure the equivilent to Spice. How extraordinary (and amusing) it would be, in our never ending quest for wealth, to think that we could be a highly ranked member of an intergalactic counsel and the wealthiest planet in a thousand starsystems because we felgercarb the equivilent to gold.:ROFLMAO:

In a desert a man who owns a well is king. In a place where sand and rock is common, life may need a little sh1t to help it get along so given Birdman's wise words and my analogy we humans must have royal blood.

A dog warden once said to me as he looked down at the soiled pavement with a smile "it may just be dog felgercarb to you but to me it's my bread and butter"... so who needs aliens to realise the worth of manure and lets face it...we all excrete it from time to time !:mirelly:

Very Interesting Discussion!
The OP said:
the big question here is, what would really happen?
Too many unknown varriables to make a rational conclusion.
The OP said:
One of the questions is, what would humans do when aliens came?
AweStruck comes to mind
The OP said:
We're obviously also animals, but what makes us better?
Better than other animals? Many things make us better but I feel the defining quality is our ability to act on our imaginations. Our ability to map out consequences also is important.
The OP said:
what gives us the right to put animals in cages, keep them as pets etc.?
Only Humans can give rights and rights are not a natural condition anywhere in nature.
The OP said:
These aliens are superior to us in intelligence, maybe in power too, they have more weapons than we etc. Does this give them the right to put us in cages and keep as pets? And if they're superior, can we even say no to it?
If you follow panspermia, extraterrestrial life may not be superior to us and it may already be here. Given the context of the topic, The {Aliens} have made a choice to visit our planet. The fact that we assume that they operate on a similar set of motives is unrealistic.

The result of a superior {Alien} visit for humanity would be manifold.
In today's world of the self-absorbed society and massive delusional thinking, we humans would be faced with Realities and Truths. Concepts we hold dear would be rewritten. Money is important to us but its the concept of wealth and ownership that is the delusion. The very idea of a community may come into question. The power hungry among us will seek an alliance but that concept may not be available anymore. The hard truth is that not many of our concepts are universal. Our species is limited to what it has figured out and what it contrives. Nature is brutal and will kill you. The concepts that govern an extraterrestrial species may be so foreign to our thinking that we may not recognize it. What would happen to humanity? Confusion, Suicide, Murder and Mayhem in the masses. Few will be able to handle reality when thrust upon them but some may embrace it. For those, Enlightenment may unlock new potentials.

Here is my AlienView:

THE PHILOSOPHY OF ALIENS

Assuming you believe in the existence of other beings in the cosmos {aliens}, and believe they have been covertly interacting with humans for quite some time now {maybe a long, long time} you might wonder why will they not make themselves known overtly - announce their presence to the world? I want you to consider the consequences of this action. Do humans trust each other on a global scale? NO, they do not and their bloody history of war and destruction is a matter of record. Now consider what would happen if one day an alien representative appears at the UN and says welcome. Now even if this alien gave a long speech on how they mean us no harm and are here to benefit Man, do you think that most people will believe it? - Probably not, and many problems will develop; Whereas many scientists and intellectuals will welcome their new alien friends, a good part of the population will not - paranoia is already rampant on the planet Earth - think what the appearance of a highly advanced superior race will cause. The problem is not currently Surmountable and the aliens for now will continue to observe, accumulate data, and occasionally may make isolated contact with certain select individuals. Yes, in this case of humans of the Planet Earth, the non-interference rule as depicted in the sci-fi epic Star Trek must be enforced. If Man were to evolve to a higher state showing signs of an advancing civilization, Aliens might then change their view of humanity and agree that direct contact is warranted.

-AlienView

Alien = For references in this discussion it describes a being not from Earth. A being that has mastered interstellar travel. A species that developed under different starlight, gravity, atmospheric pressures, radiation limits and physical attributes. A civilization that had different milestones, value systems and food supply. Their advanced technology may be older than the human species. It's heritage may be tens of millions or even hundreds of millions years old. Its lifespan may be counted in millennia or decades. Their population might exceed 100 billion or a trillion or more.

Mankind = Our current animal form is only about 2 million years old at best. Our entire recorded history is less than 10,000 years. Space travel is less than 100 years. Most people cannot trace their lineage back more than a few generations. Our society operates within the span of 3-8 years at best. Our technology is growing but as a people we have stagnated. We seem to be unable or unwilling to break the greed barrier. We refuse to think as a people and act for the future.

Time is one thing that might make an impact on us if we encounter an advanced alien species. Our concept of time is based on our planetary and stellar movements. Time is measured by atomic decay but it is referenced on the second, minute, hour, day, week, month and year. Basically the movement of the Sun in relation to the Earth.
Keplar shows that there are a multitude of planets orbiting a multitude of stars. Those planets are not only different sizes than our Earth, they orbit at different speeds. I am willing to bet that their rotational periods are different as well. An Alien may not see time as we do. If it is an ancient species that lives for millennia they may not even acknowledge time as we do. If they reference time at all.
To us humans, an alien may take decades or more to respond or...They may operate so lightning fast we cant keep up. Their time-frame could be based on the lifespan of a certain type of star or the duration of a boson. In any case, the vast distances that they had traveled will have been manageable.

It all boils down to relativity.
The aliens could be tiny or huge. They could be structured or blobs.
We imagine aliens use technology based on machinery. They use a device, fly a craft and manipulate objects.
We imagine they have an agenda, value life and are curious. We would attempt to communicate based on our greed, curiosity and community socialness. Our mathematics system is based on the unit. We declare that it is a fundamental part of nature but an alien may not perceive units like we do. We might attempt to communicate with light but an alien may not register light like we do. Even here on Earth there are creatures that exist without light sensory apparatus. Our sequence of light flashes may not even be seen. The same with sound and touch. Imagine an alien that evolved on a planet where the composition of the atmosphere was caustic and it never developed the sense of touch. Not only can there be restrictions of senses that we take for granted there might be senses that are highly developed. Senses that we can't fathom. There might be shared senses but they could be so highly attuned our demonstration may seem out of focus to them.

Why Here...Why Earth?
In our vanity we think we have something that an alien might want, covet or cherish. We think that we might make a good food source, our water or mineral content is needed or we are unique and worth studying. Its all based on our own thinking. Speculation of an alien's motives for visiting our planet makes for good science fiction.
Would the aliens be here to pass judgement on our species? Are we a threat to interstellar space? Do they care if we destroy our planet? Is it a humanitarian effort because the want to harvest our star? Are they responding to our radiation signals from radio or TV? Did they find the voyager record and decipher its contents? All this is based on concepts that we humans have. Are we on a navigation chart? Do aliens navigate?

Happenstance and Chaos?
Chaos is part of nature. There is a pattern to it in macroscopic and microscopic detail. An alien's motives, if they even have motives, might be based on chaos. Chaos does not mean destructive. Chaos is neither bad or good. Chaos is random interaction. Might a species that is a billion years old embrace chaos?

Few people on Earth today could understand an alien presence let alone deal with their actions. Whether hostile or benign we would be driven insane by their visit. Our preconceptions of the Universe and natural laws would be crushed and many people would not be able to handle it. Some of you might say that is why they remain hidden. Do you hide from a tree? Do you hide from a worm and try to understand what it thinks? These questions are even incorrect. They are questions based on human motives and references. They may not even acknowledge us.

Tom I agree with most everything you just said. Another point to consider is they might not even be biological life - In a vast universe it is conceivable that some life forms may be more mechanical {robot or android} like in nature and be part of an evolving {or created} paradigm and may live off of different sustenance - ingesting say energy from suns or stars and not having the need biological entities such as humans have to ingest other forms of life to survive - they may see biological life forms such as man to be barbaric life sucking entities.
And another thing to consider, most of the UFO phenomenon on record that has been observed or recorded has been occurring since man entered the atomic age and exploded the first nuclear bombs - this may have gotten their attention and worry them - they may consider this to be a threat whereas before the nuclear age man was on no consequence.

• "Our sun is one of 100 billion stars in our galaxy. Our galaxy is one of billions of galaxies populating the universe. It would be the height of presumption to think that we are the only living things in that enormous immensity."
    • "I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

whereas before the nuclear age man was on no consequence.
Another concept rooted in our own comprehension. What if baby aliens can split atoms as easily as playing with blocks? Their kindergarden vastly surpasses quantum physics? Its difficult to comprehend a lifeform that is far superior and of alien origin. We are locked into analogies that have been evolved into our grain. But all of our anologies have one thing in common. They are all from the Earth.
this may have gotten their attention and worry them
As powerful as an atom bomb is and all of our nuclear weapon testing combined can't compete with the nuclear fusion of our little star. If something were looking the Sun would wash out anything we can create on Earth. Combine that with the diameter of our radio signals expanding into space and anything that could detect our presense has a background of stronger emmissions to wade thru. They would have to be looking specfically at us, at the right time and in the right wavelengths.

A mechanical based alien is possible. I guess anything is possible including things we currently think are impossible. The mechanical part may not even be something we think of as mechanical. Wires and circuts may not be the best way to use energy. Even Tesla discovered that. Tesla had a system invented that harnessed free energy. Aliens may be far more advanced. Aliens may be able to manipulate matter on the sub-atomic scale as easily as we convey our feelings with a look of approval or dismay. Advanced science resembles God-Like powers.

We are aware of the concept of mind-uploading. It could be possible for an alien culture that is 500 million years old to upload themselves or a piece of themselves to anything. With spooky theory one alien might explore 100,000 worlds at the same time with 100,000 constructs and be instantly aware of each one at all times. From micro devices to megastructures. Kinda like Von Neumann Probes but living entities and of various sizes, functions and attitudes. But again I am limited to assuming aliens have attitudes.

We base our ideas on what we know and can imagine. Its all based on life on Earth. It's all born of Earth. It's all created from one tiny planet circling an average star. Just the right temperature. Just the right radiation. Just the right size moon. In just the right place in the galaxy. The Goldilox Zone is more than just our distance from our star. An alien may be from a different Goldilox Zone.

Think about if Mankind made it to an alternate Earth. Lets say it has the right pressure, atmosphere and gravity which is very unlikely. Does it have a moon? Our Moon is more to us than just something to bark at. Does it have an Iron Core? If that core is more dense or not as dense it will affect us. The thickness of the mantle, the radiation wavelengths of the parent star or nearby stars, Elemental composition of the topsoil and crust. So many variables and each one in very little differences will affect us. Our minds, concepts and bodies evolved from the conditions of this planet in this star system at this time/place in the galaxy. An alien from another star system will evolve under those conditions. Their minds, concepts and bodies may not evolve even closely similar to ours.

It's tough to imagine a truly alien being. Tougher still to try to imagine one that is more advanced than us. If we can even detect their presense I think we would be hard pressed to even understand what we were seeing.

Back