What really would happen if aliens came to this planet

So many variables and each one in very little differences will affect us. Our minds, concepts and bodies evolved from the conditions of this planet in this star system at this time/place in the galaxy. An alien from another star system will evolve under those conditions. Their minds, concepts and bodies may not evolve even closely similar to ours.

It's tough to imagine a truly alien being. Tougher still to try to imagine one that is more advanced than us. If we can even detect their presense I think we would be hard pressed to even understand what we were seeing."
A few assumptions here are debatable {not necessarily untrue but debatable}. Is so-called Evolution a fact throughout the universe? And even if it is, would all forms of live evolve in a similar pattern as on Earth?
Why would different atmospheric or physical conditions necessarily affect the nature of life, and specifically intelligent life? And most important is intelligence of a universal type? Is it possible that other entities have an intelligence different from Human intelligence?

And you said: "Tougher still to try to imagine one that is more advanced than us" - That's easy.....I don't think Humans are an advanced form of intelligence - History shows humans as a species to be quite stupid;
Look at the Middle East for example - Thousands of years ago since even before Biblical History these same
dumb beings kill each other in the name of God - Man is not an advanced species, he's just clever at making mechanical toys and not even clever at how to use them most efficiently. So if the mythical Borg I like writing about pops-up one day and wants to assimilate Man they might find it easy - But not to worry Man is not smart enough yet to be worth assimilating!

"I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so.
Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth.
"
-Stephen Hawking

A few assumptions here are debatable
I love it

Is so-called Evolution a fact throughout the universe?
I see evolution as a change. Everything changes. Planets, stars, asteroids, galaxies and the Universe itself. In living things (of which we can only reference life on Earth), evolution is variations in the lifeform's genetic code. Bacteria, plants & animals evolve over time as their genetic code changes. Life itself is an evolutionary change of the planet as well as the Sun.
Why would different atmospheric or physical conditions necessarily affect the nature of life, and specifically intelligent life?
The way I see it, the atmosphere and other natural conditions like radiation levels, temperature and gravity dictate how, when and where life evolves. It's been proven that life does not need oxygen to exist, no sunlight either. Archeology can date a time on Earth when there was no oxygen and life existed. The oxygen was the by-product of that life and it saturated the planet. It not only killed most of the life on Earth it caused Iron to rust.
We define life by a set of specific parameters based on what we have learned about our planet. Just because we have not witnessed other factors that lead to life doesn't mean they don't exist.
We know of multiple forms of water. H2O is only one form of water and the form that we need to survive. There could be a planet or moon somewhere that has more heavy water than what we are accustomed to. Life that forms based on heavy water will have different qualities than life on Earth.
Our Star burns at a specific temperature. It has a specific amount of gravity and emits a specific range of radiation.
A Star that is larger than the Sun might have more gravity and thus not emit the same radiation. It might not shluff off key elements needed for our type of life. The temperature might be higher causing different types of emissions. It's density may have a different pull on its celestial neighborhood. This would change the atmospheric weather conditions for its planets and moons. Bigger storms or a lack of storms might elevate atmospheric generated electricity or decrease it significantly. The composition of the Sun is also an evolutionary factor for life on Earth. A blue giant star will have different effects on any life in its reach.
Our Moon dictates life on our planet as well. We have deduced that our moon is the result of a collision with our planet. It is unique to Earth. It's size, orbital speed and distance dictates our evolutionary path. Try to imagine life that exists with no seasons. The planet instead has zones of habitat. Migration habits would change, fertility might be based on something besides cycles, weather patterns might be predictable and zone specific. Now, with those changes in mind, what affect would they have in the development of intelligence.
For humans and higher forms of life on Earth, intelligence seems to be the ability of an organism to gather, store and utilize experiences. Human are set apart from others because we can imagine, predict and plan. We can act on predictions and construct apparatus to achieve a goal. Our imagination allows us to go beyond simple tool usage to allow us to modify behaviors and tools to result in more efficient systems. A beaver uses a rock to open a clam for food. We don't see the beaver farming its food or making a better opener. It is intelligent enough to know that it can use the rock and does, but it is not superiority intelligent to go any farther.
Given the size and density of the Universe it can be assumed that there are a multitude of beaver type life out there. With beavers showing up on this one planet where humans also exist it is then feasible to think that human level life is also abundant. As humans we are ever expanding our designs as we gain more knowledge. This leads me to believe that there is also an abundance of higher-level intelligence in the Universe.
Our planet and Star are about 4.5 Billion years old. Life formed here about 3 Billion years ago. Our Sun has an expected lifetime of about 10 Billion years. It is an average star. There are stars that will live much longer, Have lived much longer.
The Solar System wobbles as it goes around the galaxy. It dips in and out of the Milkyway's orbital plane. The Milkyway moves in space as well. We are near the point in the Galactic map that the Solar System was about 250 Million years ago.
Motions_of_the_Solar_System.jpg

We are right near the point where there was an extinction event. Give or take a few million years and miles. Is there something in that region of the galaxy that is harmful to life on our planet? Fifteen Galactic Years ago our planet was at a different part of the galaxy. Is there some quality in that spot that is conducive to the creation of life? Is there a cloud of elements that the planet passed thru that coated our surface with life? Could there be other regions in other galaxies with similar qualities?
We take aspirin for headaches. Does aspirin affect amoebas the same way? Are there elemental clouds in the Universe that only affect certain forms of life? Clouds of some chemical combination that changes the ability of an organism's intelligence level? What if there is a species that has found that element for their physiology and have exploited it. Not only is time a factor in intelligence, physiology is as well.
these same
dumb beings kill each other in the name of God
Our reasons for our opinions on human intelligence are quite different. You base your opinion on concepts having to do with morality and belief where I base mine on discovery and utilization. Your opinion is valid from a human perspective. It is a perspective that an alien may not recognize. Looking at our science and technology level, my opinion sees that we are very low on understanding the true nature of things. We have advance a long way in a short time by our standards but an alien that can master stellar or galactic travel may see us as infants in intellectual prowess.
Life is just life. We humans wrap all kinds of glory around it but an alien may not even consider life at all. Try to imagine a society that has no value of life. It is almost impossible for us to fathom. If life were not in the thought process then neither would death be a consideration. With no death, no need for a God. Try to imagine a society with no God, ever. Not the absence of God, No God ever. Our religion is meant to do one thing. It is a way for some humans to control other humans. An alien culture that has no God will be very different than what we understand. Flip the coin and you may have an alien culture that takes religion to different extremes. Plus, there are 360 degrees of the edge of the coin that can result is even stranger iterations of culture. Variations are endless.
So if the mythical Borg I like writing about pops-up one day and wants to assimilate Man they might find it easy
First I must inform you that the Borg are not Mythical, They are Fictional. They were created by a human for a human TV show to act as antagonists. As far as I am concerned their concept is as limited as their depiction. But you enjoy them and that is your prerogative.
  • Could Borg exist? I guess they could given the vast expanse and unknown nature of the Universe.
  • Would they be able to 'assimilate' Earth? Probably.
  • Could we stop them? Hell, we can't even stop a rock.
On superiority scales are the Borg highly advanced? Not in my opinion. Superior to humans but not to what is possible. IMO, The Borg are not much more intellectually, scientifically or morally advanced than we are. They are not even superior to many aliens in the Star Trek Universe. Even the ones that are supposedly far advanced are a far cry from what might actually exist. The Q, The Caretakers and The Cytherians are even limited when considering the potential intelligence that may be out there. I see all superior intellect in fiction as just concepts that are limited by our own imagination. Imagination that is founded by our limited knowledge of nature. The Universe is so vast and Chaos is so rampant that combinations of factors could and possibly already have created beings far beyond our comprehension. Not only mentally but physically.

I once sponsored a topic asking people to describe what alien life would be. Sadly there was not much participation. The more I read science fiction the more extreme my ideas become. As I read science facts I find that many of my ideas of aliens change. As time progresses, fiction will unleash concepts of aliens that are more and more strange. My issue is not with different concepts but with limited concepts. To me, the best science fiction depicts something that is unique and unrecognizable. It creates a new path for my imagination to explore.

Our discussion is way off topic but it is a great discussion. The original topic was questioning what humans would do if faced with an alien encounter. While trying to imagine that condition my mind needed to first imagine what that alien encounter might entail. The more I thought on that, the more I realized that we have no idea what actual aliens will be like. All references my mind grabbed a hold of to consider the question were based on the imaginations of other human minds. For something to be truly alien it will not have any frame of reference.

There would be fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of loss and fear of extinction on our part. Upon seeing something truly alien we would assign what we know to its qualities. We might call it a ship but is it really a ship? Are those things that look like legs really legs? Are they communicating or is that just a physical trait? Is that an entity or a construct? Are they really here or are they in orbit or still on their homeworld. The possibilities are endless, the reality unfathomable.
Even if they visited and left right away, our world would be forever changed. Concepts we hold onto to try to justify our existence would shattered as the knowledge and impact filtered through our minds. Our common delusions would be supplanted with new realities. New delusions would form and with our limited immature intelligence new religions and beliefs would arise. Our value systems would change. We might become a planetary culture or fragment drastically. Science might veer to new paths. Priorities would change.
Society is ruled. It is dictated and controlled by other humans. The communication industry would attempt to control the masses. Just like it does now. You will be told how to think, how to act and what to like. Just like now.
Your opinions will be swayed to support the elite's agenda, Just Like Now. Your internal turmoil and stress will be higher because society will dictate it. Your mind will be in conflict over what you are told and what you witnessed. There will be revolts against society, against religions and against nature. Trusts will be broken.
There will be a lot of people pacing. Unsure of anything they held dear.
Eventually, we will embrace it and things will become normal. Normal may not be utopian or dystopian but it will flatten out. I believe we could survive a visit but our concept of life would be forever different.

OK Tom, to your first post I found it enlightening and even though there are a few statements debatable I will leave it for now, for as you say this was not the original topic - but I will leave that post with this quote I found at the beginning of a book I was reading some years ago:

"Anything is possible - But nothing is certain"
-The Great White Brotherhood of the Himalayas
{an occult group probably ca. late 19th century; White probably refers to form of magic not race}

Now to your second post - I have my own ideas. How Humans would react to aliens is of course speculative
- And we must consider how the aliens first make themselves known. It might be one thing if they suddenly pop-up on the proverbial White House lawn and say 'take us to your leader' - unlikely IMO. My theory is if their intelligence is in anyway similar to human 'and' they want to make themselves known they will do it subtly at first - UFOs and abductions might be one way - they want to gauge human reaction - They know there will be 'culture shock' and they want to know how Man will react. I have also speculated that they may use computers and AI to introduce themselves - we will begin to perceive their existence when our processing power approaches a certain level - They might then consider us {humans} ready to assimilate the mind altering paradigm that communication with a higher order of being will produce. Of course it is possible they will just decide to take over, for motivations we can only guess {The mythology of the Annunaki states that they came here thousands of years ago to get man to mine gold for them}. Otherwise a takeover will probably not be through a direct sci-fi style military invasion - They will simply subtly take over the internet and all 'smart' devices will be controlled by them - In this way man can be completely controlled by them before man knows what is happening - this could be happening now. Of course if you want to accept assimilation by the Borg there is still time {LOL}.

Our discussion is way off topic but it is a great discussion. The original topic was questioning what humans would do if faced with an alien encounter. While trying to imagine that condition my mind needed to first imagine what that alien encounter might entail. The more I thought on that, the more I realized that we have no idea what actual aliens will be like. All references my mind grabbed a hold of to consider the question were based on the imaginations of other human minds. For something to be truly alien it will not have any frame of reference.

There would be fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of loss and fear of extinction on our part. Upon seeing something truly alien we would assign what we know to its qualities. We might call it a ship but is it really a ship? Are those things that look like legs really legs? Are they communicating or is that just a physical trait? Is that an entity or a construct? Are they really here or are they in orbit or still on their homeworld. The possibilities are endless, the reality unfathomable.
Even if they visited and left right away, our world would be forever changed. Concepts we hold onto to try to justify our existence would shattered as the knowledge and impact filtered through our minds. Our common delusions would be supplanted with new realities. New delusions would form and with our limited immature intelligence new religions and beliefs would arise. Our value systems would change. We might become a planetary culture or fragment drastically. Science might veer to new paths. Priorities would change.
Society is ruled. It is dictated and controlled by other humans. The communication industry would attempt to control the masses. Just like it does now. You will be told how to think, how to act and what to like. Just like now.
Your opinions will be swayed to support the elite's agenda, Just Like Now. Your internal turmoil and stress will be higher because society will dictate it. Your mind will be in conflict over what you are told and what you witnessed. There will be revolts against society, against religions and against nature. Trusts will be broken.
There will be a lot of people pacing. Unsure of anything they held dear.
Eventually, we will embrace it and things will become normal. Normal may not be utopian or dystopian but it will flatten out. I believe we could survive a visit but our concept of life would be forever different.
:cool::cool::D:DOur opinions of what constitutes intelligence may change. We usually think of intelligence as "people" being able to build things, to change the environment to suit their needs. It is possible that ETs (extraterrestrials) could be without hands, like dolphins. They could come to Earth by way of a system yet unknown to us, as on light waves, for example. Or there could be passengers on a ship that has a diverse crew, some with hands and some without hands.
I feel that humans will have to develop intense telepathy in order to communicate with ETs. Some humans already have this as a natural ability. Others will have to "work on it".:smiley: :smiley: I still feel that some groups of humans will accept the ETs as "the gods who returned". They already have the tradition of Kachinas or other-worldly beings...Native Americans, some people in India, the Dogon Tribe in Africa, to name a few.:alien::alien::ufo: Some people may be frightened, but the Science and History2 Channels have done a good job of explaining the ANCIENT ASTRONAUT theory. I just hope that no one worships them. They can make mistakes just like the rest of us. :stargate::astronaut:

telepathy - Some humans already have this as a natural ability.
WHO? Name some names. Who has demonstrated to you that they have telepathy ability? Don't cite a TV Show or someone's research paper. Who has proven it to you personally?
We all have empathy. Our species may eventually evolve telepathy and other abilities and its possible that there is a genetic freak or two somewhere on the planet (Like Albinos) given our species population density.
to communicate with ETs
Its possible the aliens won't even be here for us. Imagine for a moment that you are walking in the woods and come upon an anthill. Most of us will be preoccupied with our own agenda and may not even notice it despite its complex structures and activity. Others may take notice and pause to examine it.
Do you take a moment of your time to try to communicate with it? Does it communicate with you? If you step on it the communication comes in the form of a hostile retaliation. You either stomp on it to try to kill it or you move away and continue your journey. You may never go near that anthill again or you may return and burn the thing from existence. You certainly did not have any two-way communication. This is based on human concepts with human abilities. To assume an alien has similar concepts is a delusion.

if their intelligence is in anyway similar to human 'and' they want to make themselves known
Given the vastness of the Universe there could be aliens that have the EXACT same concepts as we do. Given that, They may not want to make themselves known. The scenario of the OP was that they have made themselves known publicly. That fact changes the scenario a lot.

As I have stated many times before, the alien grey/abduction scenario makes me think time-traveling future beings not aliens. I see too many justifications to think otherwise.

"the gods who returned"
Lets say they are returning aliens. Lets say they have made visits to the Earth before and used mankind to mine gold and make landing strips and direct our development. The depictions of aliens are still similar to mankind in too many ways. It reminds me of the G'ould in the Stargate Storyline. While a good science fiction basis, the concept is still very flawed. The symbiosis angle is intriguing but breaks down if you think of evolutionary compatibility. Plus, the human body is frail compared with other Earthly creatures. Since anything is possible when considering the unknown, it might happen. Probabilities of any scenario is limited by human contemplation. I just feel that more likely its all a fantasy based on some mundane phenomenon.

Once life is found someplace other than on our planet (even microbial) we may have the ability to project possible evolutionary paths. Genetic sequences and environmental parameters could be fed to a supercomputer and possible evolutionary paths might be forecast. The forecasts will be very flawed but it might give some insight into what is possible. A sample mission might provide hard evidence of genetic sequencing variations to extrapolate possible evolutionary variations. The problem with that would be that the evolutionary paths of such an organism will be affected by Earth's gravity and other planet specifics. It's likely we will find at least microbial life in our Solar System. That life will be alien. Alien to our planet but not to our Star System. I think it will be a panspermia scenario due to the Solar wind. We will probably find that it has more in common with Earth life than not. Such a discovery of life elsewhere will open concepts in science that are only theorized at the moment. Even evidence of life that is dead would do that.

Alpha Centauri, The nearest Star System to the Sol System is 4.3 Light-Years from us. It is a binary system with 2 stars and a few planets. A third star in the vicinity known as Proxima Centauri is close enough to have effect on the binary system. Aliens from this system would need about 4 years to get here if they can achieve light speed. The Centauri System stars are all main sequence stars similar to our Sun. Thus their planetary systems can be assumed to be of similar age to ours. If life developed on any of its planets it would have characteristics very different than life as we know it. Just the fact that there are three gravitational influences will have a very different result. But lets say intelligent life has occurred and flourishes. To assume it would be anything similar to us is a delusion. But lets speculate that they are the ones that visited us long ago or are visiting us now.

Why did they pick Earth to visit?
5,000 years ago we did not send out any radio emissions. No TV, no signals of any kind. Did they just gaze at their sky one night and say "Lets go to Earth and mess with them"? Did their scientists build a craft and send their crew to a random nearest star? Did their advanced sensors detect Gold in them thar hills? Are we just a refueling stop for a distant destination? It's just plain silly to think that we can fathom the minds of aliens.

Why would they return?
If they were here for mining resources why did they leave in the first place? Are they curious to see how that primitive mankind is fairing? Is interstellar travel so commonplace for them that 4.3 light-years is a quick jaunt to the store? Are we so special and unique that they just can't get enough of us? What do we offer that everything in the 4.3 light-years between us doesn't have? Would you travel 3,000 miles to visit a kid that you met one day at a village? How many times have you done that?

What is our commonality?
Life? Are we the only life they have detected within their reach? Right now, with what we know, life is unique to our planet. If we find any life anywhere else it will indicate that life is common. Especially if we find it within our own star system. If that is the case, life nay not be unique at all. Their star system may be abundant with life.
Comprehension? Who can say if we comprehend anything the way they do? It's possible that they know something that we don't. Maybe the fact that we share the same galactic orbit as them makes us 'Brothers of the Orion Arm' or something?

I feel advanced alien life is not in the Centauri system. More likely it is much more distant. If you add that factor to the equation a visit is even more unlikely. If they are advanced enough to come all this way, their superiority will be many times greater than ours. How could we hope to understand them or their reasons?

Tom said:
"..... If they are advanced enough to come all this way, their superiority will be many times greater than ours. How could we hope to understand them or their reasons?"

Yes, how could we? But we could understand how stupid Man and his history might appear - a history that repeats like a bad science fiction re-run. A history that even after thousands of years still has no meaning, purpose or direction. What do you think of your history Humans? Does it have a meaning? Does it have a direction? Do you have a purpose in a Universe of intelligence? Or are you going to tell us that you heard Dawkins tell you that atheism is god and purpose doesn't exist? Are you going to tell an advanced alien species that we know there is no purpose to existence and if you are advanced you can take over? Is that what you are going to do Human? Man, if you are still that dumb you are beyond hope and we have no need for your pitiful psyches - - You are safe and well insulated from intelligence - And those intelligences more advanced than you will never try to communicate with you directly - Since there is nothing intelligent to communicate with. Some say the intelligence of your planet was greater when the Dinosaurs ruled it.

"A delusion is something that people believe in despite a total lack of evidence."
-Richard Dawkins

And of all delusions Man is capable of a chaotic order of nothing leading to an ordered universe scientifically verifiable by a logical mind is the greatest of all delusions. The magical universe of the atheist does not and never did exist.

But it is not because Man has no faith in a higher order of intelligence that higher orders of intelligence {aliens} will not communicate directly with Humans - No, it is because Humans have no faith in themselves
that they {aliens} will not communicate directly with the species Man - Again take us to your leader - No leader Man? Why not? - Because you fear yourselves and lack the focus and direction and the leader an advanced species must show us.

-AlienView {aka alienview-tao, UniversalAlien, Alien Commander Omd I}

PS: Though some might say it does not relate to a hypothetical contact with an advanced alien species making direct contact with Humans, I say these concepts from the theoretical physicist Albert Einstein should be considered:

" In a 1930 essay entitled "What I Believe," Einstein wrote:To sense that behind anything that can be experienced there is something that our minds cannot grasp, whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly: this is religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I am a devoutly religious man (ibid. 47).He also made the following statement in an essay entitled "The Religiousness of Science," which appeared in a collection of his essays published in English under the title "The World As I See It":The scientist is possessed by the sense of universal causation....His religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an INTELLIGENCE of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection. This feeling is the guiding principle of his life and work, in so far as he succeeds in keeping himself from the shackles of selfish desire (Updike 2007: 77 [emphasis added]).These statements are highly significant, considering that no scientist of any worth would dismiss Einstein as superstitious or unscientific. Moreover, the above quotes can't be dismissed as the product of a religious bias on Einstein's part, because, except for a brief period of "deep religiousness" when he was twelve, Einstein rejected organized religion (ibid.)."

"I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so. Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth."
-Stephen Hawking

Last edited:
The appearance of aliens might also have a very good outcome for mankind.

We would KNOW that there is life beyond our planet
We would know that interplanetary/interstellar travel is possible
Depending on how much we get to see, some fundamental scientific beliefs may be justified.

If they come in a ship:
It tells us many things;
At least one other lifeform in the Universe uses constructs
The configuration of the ship's hull can reveal many things including
Possible relative size of the occupants/builders
Aerodynamic needs for the ship's primary function
Acknowledgement of orientation (top,bottom & sides)
Surfaces that are smooth vs multifaceted or jagged may indicate the concept of workmanship
The presence of operating lights or language markings might indicate a social structure, a society or fleet and could also mean that communication is needed at some point. Any type of systematic marking system indicates that they use a language system in their communications. Specific lighting apparatus indicates that they have visual abilities based on wavelengths at least similar to us.
If the craft has landing legs or landing apparatus it might indicate that the concept of legs is common. It will also indicate that the craft is meant to land so terrestrial excursions may be commonplace. Stability may be a consideration to them.
Its atmospheric propulsion can indicate things as well. Is it reactive to gravity like a rocket? What does it do to structures? Does it burn the ground like something energy based or does it flatten things. Is there excessive heat or cold? Does the propulsion create a wind from atmospheric displacement?
The absence of these types of things also tells us something.

When We See Them:
Do they emerge from a door or hatchway?
Are they wearing an apparatus?
If they have legs & arms and eyes and a head is it bi-lateral?
Bi-lateral symmetry might indicate that it is common in life structures.
Do we see a construct or the aliens themselves. Or is it a projection of some type?
Is there a command structure to a group? Do some aliens have objects on them that the others don't?
Is one alien doing anything different than the others? Taking readings or samples?
Do they emerge from their craft in waves or as a force? Are there also airborne units?
The number and compliment of their initial contact may indicate their power or motives.
A far superior alien may only require one entity, where a show of force may indicate their superiority may not be as powerful. Even if they are hostile to us, how they appear may indicate many things about them. Do they need to come and seek out individuals or structures or can they just target all from orbit?
One more thing to consider is did they come to us or bring us to them?

There are multitudes of variables that will indicate many things about them without us knowing the details. Every bit of information we get get from the encounter will either justify or debunk our concept natural laws. Our concepts of science could be changed even if we were right about it just because we now have outside proof of it.

Even if the aliens just visit and leave, humans will be forever changed in their comprehension of the Universe. Such a major change in reality will affect each person on the planet in one way or another.

And then of course there is a whole bunch of anecdotal and circumstantial evidence that aliens have been visiting this planet for a a long, long time. Just started watching the 'Ancient Aliens' series - very interesting.
Now you might say there is still no proof of any real alien encounters or visitation - true. But on an alien/ufo
website forum where I asked for proof of alien encounters and visitations and where no one gave me any, I started to doing the research - What you come up with is a vast amount of 'circumstantial evidence' of alien encounters and visitations going back to ancient Human history - In fact there is so much circumstantial evidence that it could stand up in a court of law - people have been convicted of crimes with less evidence than the evidence shown for aliens appearing in Human history - I agree this is not absolute proof - But if enough
'extraordinary events' apparently guided by intelligence, occur often enough you should be prone to accept the evidence. But Man has a built in filter that does not like to accept certain things and most humans I believe don't like the idea that an advanced alien race{s} exist and is observing and interacting with humans at their will and for reasons that are still speculative - Again I say aliens will not yet appear openly to avoid 'culture shock' - too many people will not be able to accept it and much chaos might ensue - man is already a paranoid enough being as it is - Real aliens starring him in the face will make it worse.

"There are no facts, only interpretations"
-Friedrich Nietzsche

I don't believe even half of any so-called documentary. I barely believe the news anymore. Its all so slanted to agendas.
As for aliens already here who can really say absolutely. But then who can dispute a walking, talking rock if enough people try to justify it? One thing that TV shows are good at is twisting something mundane into a question. Its done all the time anymore. If we were to search the globe, evidence of that walking, talking rock could also be found. Combined with "eyewitness" accounts, fragmented scientist comments and blurry photos and recordings a great deal of "evidence" can justify anything.
Here's the kicker - I fully believe that there are far superior alien cultures in the galaxy let alone the entire Universe. I just don't believe for one second that they have been here, are here or about to come here. It just doesn't make sense to me.
The elements found on and in Earth are more abundant all through the Galaxy.
Life, while we have no proof it is elsewhere, the building blocks of life are abundant as well.
Human qualities are not so special that it would warrant a special visit. Especially from an alien that is able to cross the vast distances involved.
Slavery of the human race is unacceptable because a culture that can do the things required to make the trip can certainly do anything a slave could do. And much more efficiently.
Chances are that an alien culture able to cross the distances and actually come here are harnessing the power of their star or greater. We can't even harness the power in our own planet yet.

It's more likely that what we call aliens is nothing more than the inhabitants of a future Earth that has developed time travel. That scenario justifies most of the alien evidence if not all of it. It also explains the reported behaviour and experiences of the so-called abducted. It justifies the ancient astronauts, the Gods of history and the archeologic finds.

Imagine if you can, a culture that was forced underground for a millenia or more. A human culture.
What could happen to the human body under restrictive evolutionary conditions. What would happen to our eyes if the light was diminished over long time periods. If our bodies were exposed to certain chemicals and radiations changing our pigment to grey. Over time we would advance technologically and lack of strenuous work would diminish our muscle mass causing us to have whispy frail bodies with large heads and big black eyes. Perhaps a multitude of genetic mutations could occur.
After a vast amount of time, scientists may unlock the time-travel secrets and missions might be sent back to recover "clean" genetic code. Not only to repair our own mutated code but perhaps to repopulate many species.
There are so many scenarios that point to aliens as us, travelling in time, that to ignore that possibility is tantamount to the type of selective thinking that makes us believe they are really aliens.

Is there ever any news about ET abducting plantlife? Its life? Perhaps there isn't news because abducted plants can't really be sensationalized? What about a worm? Worms are alive...so are gazelles, elephants, bacteria and viruses. Aliens come all this way and only want humans? Not chimpanzees or apes or dolphins or eagles, Just humans. Oh, and cattle. LOL I guess they like beef? They are not hacking our supercomputers or abducting advanced weapons. The are not siphoning off our oceans or atmosphere.

I also refuse to believe aliens are teaching, training, developing or evolving us. They are not trickling technology to us. That is even sillier than the idea that they are abducting us for tests.

There is no justifiable reason why an advanced alien culture would hesitate to make themselves known. That pretense is based entirely on a human concept and aliens will not be human in any way.

Here is one of the better verifiable cases - reputable participants and eyewitnesses:

Rendlesham Forest Incidents (UK, 1980)

From December 26 to 28, 1980, several bright UFOs were reportedly observed by military personnel in Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk, England.[125] In one case, a witness reported seeing a landed object, which he then touched and felt characters etched on its surface, before the object flew off.[126] Later, military personnel found impressions and increased radioactivity measurements on the supposed landing site.[127] The witnesses were all military personnel, including the deputy commander of the nearby Bentwaters Royal Air Force base, Lt. Col. Charles I. Halt. An official USAF memo dated January 13, 1981 documents the incident.[128] An audio recording of the military investigation that took place on December 27 is also available to the public.[128] Skeptic Brian Dunning of the Skeptoid podcast suggests the UFO and strange light sightings were misidentifications of the nearby Orfordness lighthouse, the re-entry of the Russian Cosmos 749 rocket, and meteors.[129] The podcast has no explanation for the close-range personal witness accounts by numerous military personnel with security clearances, including the deputy base commander.[130]

See whole article here:
Ufology - Wikipedia

Last night on the Coast to Coast Radio show Linda Moulton Howe {famous investigator of Alien and other high strangeness incidents} talked about a recent incident in Antartica:

"Brian, a retired U. S. Navy Petty Officer First Class Flight Engineer went on the record with Linda and revealed UFO and high strangeness episodes he had while on duty in Antarctica particularly during the 1995-6 period. These included seeing silvery objects darting around the mountain tops, a huge hole in ice near the South Pole that was akin to a cave entrance, and a group of scientists who disappeared for two weeks. The scientists were reportedly interacting with extraterrestrial biological entities down inside the hole, he said. Further details."
Coast to Coast website:
Mysterious Booms, South Pole UFOs, & Secret Memos | Coast to Coast AM

See whole article at Linda Moulton Howes website here:
U. S. Navy Flight Engineer Saw Silver Discs and Entrance to Alleged E. T.and Human Collaboration Base in Antarctica

Neither example cites anything of proof. Just like reports of ghost sightings, bigfoot and Loch Ness sightings. Even the famous photo of Nessie that circulated as undeniable proof was later confessed to be fake. The famous bigfoot video was also confessed to be fake.
Show me the proof. That can't be done.

Neither example cites anything of proof. Just like reports of ghost sightings, bigfoot and Loch Ness sightings. Even the famous photo of Nessie that circulated as undeniable proof was later confessed to be fake. The famous bigfoot video was also confessed to be fake.
Show me the proof. That can't be done.

You're right Tom, no proof, all imagination and speculation. Oh, by the way since this is a science fiction website may I strongly recommenced you see this movie I just finished watching based upon the mythical
Roswell UFO crash in 1947 - I've studied it - this movie gives the facts and mythology of the incident. I believe you will find it interesting:

Roswell (1994) - FULL MOVIE
see it free on YouTube here:

So thoughts on what mankind would do if/when it turns out someday that while exploring space we are the aliens? Mankind does not exactly have a good track record dealing with existing populations of newly discovered territory so why should aliens be any different when coming across Earth?

And, if mankind were to explore the stars and find new life, how would we communicate with them when we still haven't figured out how to communicate terrestrials beings that have intelligence like dolphins & whale? To an alien passing by Earth we might appear to them the same as dolphins & simians appear to us.

So thoughts on what mankind would do if/when it turns out someday that while exploring space we are the aliens?
Does this imply we find sentient life that is less advanced than us or any life?

If we find life that is not sentient I believe we will take samples and do studies. We will imprison some specimens for behavioral studies and sample some for food source. We will dissect, contaminate and dilute the entire biosphere. We will destroy to understand.

If the life is sentient and civilized we will still imprison, dissect and sample as a food source. I doubt we will hide from them. We may not divulge our technological secrets but we will attempt to learn their systems and understand their motives. We will study their science, their philosophy and their communities. We will use our advanced science to appear as Gods among them and control their impression of us. We might teach them our communication or show them how to better their lives with better crops and food production. I doubt we would show them any technology that could hurt us. We will not give them the secrets of the atom. If they have technology that can hurt us we will subdue them ASAP.

The kick in the teeth will come when the superior to us aliens, that have been farming that world comes to annihilate us.

The kick in the teeth will come when the superior to us aliens, that have been farming that world comes to annihilate us.

Why be so negative about aliens? What you are saying is possible - But at least consider the possibility that a more advanced intelligence may take a liking to Humans in spite of their faults - may like Human creativity and art for example - and may show Man how to evolve beyond his current, limited, and somewhat barbaric state.

Why be so negative about aliens?
Not negative about aliens, negative about human Godhood. If we ever find ourselves superior over an alien culture we will be controlling and brutal. Karma would dictate that we would face something superior to us eventually that will smack us back to our place in things.
Human creativity and art
Our redeeming quality unless those qualities are common in the Universe. However, even if they are not common they may not be desirable. The Universe may not appreciate creativity and art. The Universe may only acknowledge Order from Chaos and direct, undeviating paths to knowledge. Creativity and art may be the embrace of Chaos. Since Chaos is rampant in the Universe only discipline and decisiveness may rule. Just because we value something doesn't mean an alien culture will.

The Universe may not appreciate creativity and art.

We all may have our own hypothetical viewpoint on what the universe {existence in totality} may be.

You can see a universe that may not appreciate creativity and art -

I can see a universe that is all creativity and art!

As even many modern physicists have come to recognize - even scientific theories relate to the observer.

And I have more difficulty accepting a random chance observation of existence than one that is always creative.
Science sees patterns that repeat according to law - Random chance is a variable but fits the paradigms of physical laws.

Back