Votes: 0 0.0%
  • non of the above

• not religish

• dont believe in god

• Total voters
I believe in a higher being but i dont think that God is it, 60 years after the war Winston Churchill is a national hero imagine what 2000 years can do for your reputation ;)

Slightly deist...leaning towards athetist though...agnostic persay...but not really...

Roman Catholic which i guess is christian, I'm a REALLY REALLY bad Catholic though...havent gone to church in like 2, 3 years. I am confirmed and all that s^it though. I even have a saint:smiley: (I picked Saint Juila btw...)

angel_audie said:
I am a Jehovah's Witness. *notices rileylovesalias's post*  OMV!  I am not the only one!  :lol:
[post="1067680"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
oh my god :rolleyes:

I have no religion myself but I do believe in god

My parents are both christian... But I don't think I have any religion, because really, I don't believe in anything, I don't practise the religion, and no one in my family is that religious anyway...

rileylovesalias said:
Why?
[post="1079633"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
they just do. i hate it how they act like the world is going to end soon, and that we have to accept jesus as our savior or we're going to end up in hell or something. my aunt is like that, i'm not sure if she's a jehovah's witness or not, but she sure believes the same thing. it doesnt really scare me, but i find it quite annoying when they "preach" to everyone about their beliefs. it wouldn't annoy me so much if they'd just keep it to themselves and not impose their religious beliefs on others.

they just do. i hate it how they act like the world is going to end soon, and that we have to accept jesus as our savior or we're going to end up in hell or something. my aunt is like that, i'm not sure if she's a jehovah's witness or not, but she sure believes the same thing. it doesnt really scare me, but i find it quite annoying when they "preach" to everyone about their beliefs. it wouldn't annoy me so much if they'd just keep it to themselves and not impose their religious beliefs on others.

But us Jehovah's Witnesses get a pretty bad rap (Yes I'm a Witness too, and might I add at this point, that it's wonderful to know I'm not the only one here.)
When you think about it, aren't other religions stranger than the Witnesses. There are monks who cover themselves in ashes and sit outside for days wailing and praying loudly. Other religions demand the segregation of women from the men. Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons and, yes, Witnesses go from door to door, spreading the word of the Bible. We get judged (or persecuted or imprisoned) purely for expressing our right to freedom of speech and for following the directions that God has provided in the bible. My own Grandfather was thrown in jail because he refused to be a soldier in WW2, because the bible tells us not to murder. Hitler made it his personal mission to irradicate all Witnesses from the earth (he hated us as much as he hated the jews). We have a reason for going out witnessing (or preaching) and that's because Jesus directed his early disciples to "teach publically and from house to house" (Acts 20:20,21).
We call back because more often than not, people change their opinions or something happens. Take Sept 11, many Clergy-men not of our faith asked for our help in comforting the upset and mourning, purely because we just happened to know the bible better. On that day, people of many denominations sought safety in our World headquarters in Brooklyn, with the witnesses there feeding them all. These actions by us spoke volumes and the people helped by us that day are very grateful and have changed heir opinions of us.
When you get to know Witnesses you will (probably) find that we are pretty normal (just like all of you) and like the same things (like Alias etc).
But I've been lecturing and I didn't mean to do that. Sorry :D but I do have a point right??? People (not you all specifically) aren't always tolerant of those different to them.

Anji

PS hi Audie and Riley

anji_alias said:
But us Jehovah's Witnesses get a pretty bad rap (Yes I'm a Witness too, and might I add at this point, that it's wonderful to know I'm not the only one here.)
When you think about it, aren't other religions stranger than the Witnesses. There are monks who cover themselves in ashes and sit outside for days wailing and praying loudly. Other religions demand the segregation of women from the men. Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons and, yes, Witnesses go from door to door, spreading the word of the Bible. We get judged (or persecuted or imprisoned) purely for expressing our right to freedom of speech and for following the directions that God has provided in the bible. My own Grandfather was thrown in jail because he refused to be a soldier in WW2, because the bible tells us not to murder. Hitler made it his personal mission to irradicate all Witnesses from the earth (he hated us as much as he hated the jews). We have a reason for going out witnessing (or preaching) and that's because Jesus directed his early disciples to "teach publically and from house to house" (Acts 20:20,21).
We call back because more often than not, people change their opinions or something happens. Take Sept 11, many Clergy-men not of our faith asked for our help in comforting the upset and mourning, purely because we just happened to know the bible better. On that day, people of many denominations sought safety in our World headquarters in Brooklyn, with the witnesses there feeding them all. These actions by us spoke volumes and the people helped by us that day are very grateful and have changed heir opinions of us.
When you get to know Witnesses you will (probably) find that we are pretty normal (just like all of you) and like the same things (like Alias etc).
But I've been lecturing and I didn't mean to do that. Sorry :D but I do have a point right??? People (not you all specifically) aren't always tolerant of those different to them.

Anji

PS hi Audie and Riley
[post="1087449"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
yes mormons tend to annoy me a little bit, but imo, nothing is more annoying than when jehovah's witnesses show up at my house, preaching their shiit, or when i go to the bank and see their flyers posted by the ATM. My aunt is so far off in her religious s*** that she'd sacrifice her own daughters life if she had to choose between that and her faith. every time I see her she talks about how the world is going to end. that is just really annoying. oh and in middle school I had this jehovah's witness teacher. he was scary :Ph34r:

Ok, can we calm down? Not to go mod on ya, but the last time I checked this was a thread simply to disclose what religion you practice. Not to drag other religions through the mud.

ETA: Hope I don't offend anybody with my post. But I don't think mud slinging is what the thread starter had in mind when he/she started the thread.

That's right Audie. There's no need for that kinda language. Are you sure you even have the right religion??? As far as I know (it could be slightly different in America) we don't post fliers against walls, we prefer to talk to the people face to face. If you really don't want us to call on you, you can just ask to be made a do not call. We respect people's wishes and never try to force our ideas on people. I'm sorry if my post offended you, I was trying to explain us, since we are so misunderstood. And we regard life as sacred so your aunt wouldn't sacrifice your cousins but if your cousins forced her to choose between them and her religion then most likely she would choose her religion.

My dad's not a witness but I still talk to him and stuff. But his parents are Witnesses and I don't talk to them unless I have to because they say hurtful things and try and hurt me as much as they can. I hd to make a choice: continue being hurt by my granma or not assosciate with her. I'm sure if I hung around her then soon I'd be driven away from the witnesses.

But we don't mud sling, or hurt people (intentionally) so maybe you could ease up a bit. It's not easy being a witness.

Anji

Back