What school do you go to? Where do you work?

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
OK so lately I'm finally getting ready to begin studying to become a freaking web designer/developer... I got some CD-ROM courses just to get my feet wet and next year I'm hoping to go to one of the most advanced schools here in Central Florida.

It's called Full Sail. Their website will blow you away! Check it out right here... They have programs in computer animation, digital media (which is the one I'm gonna go for most likely), entertainment business (which is awesome), film, game design and development, recording arts (which is what they're most famous for), and show production and touring.

It's really expensive (as you can tell from the web site it's not just any school), but I'm hoping to be able to get in next year with the help of my family and some luck with student loans.

So I just wanted to know what you guys are doing... where you're going to school, what careers you're in, what you like about them, what you hate, or where you work and do for a living. Should be cool to talk about it, anyways... or it could be boring :asleep: .... but whatever, not everything can be all fun like watching Alias...

So, what do you do? :cool:

Lets see. I go to NIU. I am studying to become a computer scientist. I currently have 3 jobs. My first job is data input/entry for a local ambulance service, the work sucks but it pays good. My second job is working as a techie at a local computer shop, the work is so easy. My third job is as a lab attendant aka print jocky for niu's ITS, it has to be the easiest job in the world. My goal after graduating college is to either become a network admin or a computer program programming in c/c++ or vb.net.

I'm going through a gap year... actually, make that two. :lol:

And I'm unemployed at the moment, unless you count babysitting my sister every damn day!

But next year I'll probably be going to Northwestern Connecticut Community College and studying graphic design. And then hopefully the year after I'll be able to transfer to Central Connecticut State University.

I'm studying politics but i dont want to be a politician!! I really want to do something in international relations, maybe working abroad and id love to continue playing football now if only they payed women the same as men id be rich!!

Oh this is of course after Buzz and i take over the world Mwah ha ha Mwah ha ha!!!! :P

I have not been able to commit to a particular career since giving up my ballet career.

It's really funny to hear first-year university students talking, who have figured out their lives for the next four decades! Right from their first lecture, they know exactly what management job they want in which office. They know which suburb they are going to live in, who they are going to marry, which promotions they will be going for.

I prefer to plan my life one year at a time, not one century at a time!

Right now I'm working on my History degree, I'm doing an honours program. I'm also in a program called Orientation to Teaching. Once I'm done my degree I'm automatically accepted into the bachelor of education program.

So, oncce I graduate Nipissing (one of the best teaching schools in Canada) I'll be a teacher.

I'm also hoping to be a part-time writer and get some stuff published at that point.

and I have a bit of aplan for after I graduate.

Live at home for two years, save a downpayment for a house/pay off OSAP, then get my own place and get married.

And then I'm all set :D

Lets see...
I go to a college in PA - Im majoring in Accounting
Im a sophomore now so hopefully i'll graduate in 2 years ^_^

Then I plan on getting a job doing accounting for some company - I dont want to be a CPA tho...

As for a job... yeah i dont have one - im SOOOOO lazy. I should get one next summer... should being the operative word there ;) :angelic:

Since october I´m on university to become a B.A. of american studies/ british studies and german studies! (Amerikanistik/Anglistik and Germanistik)
After that I would like to do my Master of Education!
So you see I would like to become a teacher for english and german!
Maybe I add a third subject (spanish) later!
I really would like to be a teacher in a foreign country!
Currently I have no job, I just moved into a new city and start study!

Muse

:lol:

I go to Sciences Faculty of the Porto University. i'm studying the environment :smiley: :P i'm a freshman.. :rolleyes: ..but i like it a lot already.. boring sometimes? yes. but what isn't? don't forget: RECICLE. :lol:

no nukes! no nukes! no nukes! :lol: :lol: ( this will be me in a couple of years..at the top of a bridge!:lol: )

i am in my first year at vanier college. i am studying communications. i love are so i am in the painting and photography classes. other than that i am not really sure where i'll be going from there

I know I wanna do something in science/computers/film/TV/graphic design/advertising, but I'm not sure what. My thoughts over the past 5-10 years have been: Forensic Scientist, Film/TV Director/Writer/Producer, Marine Biologist, Enviromental Scientist. I know interest is way more important than money for me. I don't have some big life plan, but I know I don't want to do whatever I do for ever, I know at some point, when I get oldish, I want to either teach or open my own cafe. I also want to earn enogh money to buy back my nanna and grandads' hotel...they are selling it by the end of this year, and I lve it to death.

Jai

I'm studying Bachelor of Science (Molecular Biotechnology).

This year has been a drag because I haven't been studying the subjects related to my course (ie. the molecular biotech part). Plus, I have to do two math subjects per semester :o_O: I haven't planned out my life yet. I don't even know what subjects I need to enrol in for next year :lol:

I don't work but hopefully I'll find a summer job.

Did my undergraduate at University of Illinois Urbana Champaign in Computer Science. Currently persuing my masters, also in CS, from Stanford through their online program for working students. At the same time, I work at IBM Research in Austin, TX.

Wow. I never post in this board.

Anyways. I am a 4th yr undergrad student at Marquette University (go Golden Eagles!)... however, I will not be graduating in the spring. I'm going to stick around for another year (I transferred to MU last year, and a lot of credits didn't stick, so I've been playing catch up, and while I COULD graduate, it would be with the bare minimum requirements and that's not exactly advantageous to getting into grad schol, I've decided to wait a year). I am NOT planning on being a clinical psychologist, however. I hope to go to grad school to get an MSW (masters in social work). I want to work with battered women, runaway teens, and eventually recently diagnosed patients in hospitals (helping them and their families adjust to illness and the idea of death).

On the side, I plan to own a few off-the-racetrack horses and other rescue horses and dogs.

I'm still in high school. I go to Perth Modern School and i like it. I just quit my job at a coffee shop becuase they wouldnt give me time off to go to a funeral.

When I finish high school I wanted to join the army, but found out I cant because I'm asthmatic. So other then being a pro soccer play :P I kinda want to be either a lawyer or something to do with forensics.

Back