What sort of DVD player do you have?

I can't remember, as long as it plays DVDs and through a decent surround sound system, anymore than that not really bothered.

More than likely a dirty laser or a scratched DVD.

I've used those alcohol solvent laser-lens cleaning disks, but that doesn't correct the tracking.

Playing the DVD at the skipping point in the other DVD players that play it just fine indicates a player problem.

I think it is matter with how carefully and accurately placed the Laser diode gets installed in the DVD players/burners that is the issue since the same DVD works in some machines, but not in others.

It is! I only wish my laptop could play BluRay discs. I have House of Flying Daggers, the Departed, Superman Returns, and a few random others. Mostly I play regular DVDs in it but it's pretty freakin awesome.

It is! I only wish my laptop could play BluRay discs. I have House of Flying Daggers, the Departed, Superman Returns, and a few random others. Mostly I play regular DVDs in it but it's pretty freakin awesome.

Not many computers have BluRay already installed. I saw some add-on BluRay players for desktop computers for $130 to $200. BluRay Burners is supposed to be as low as $250 (I've never seen any) to $450. Blank BluRay media cost $3 to $4 each for 25 Gb single layer, and $40 for 50 Gb dual layer. Imagine how angry you'd get ending up with a bad burned disk for $40.
tongue.gif

Of course before buying an add-on BluRay, you'd have to make sure your computer is capable of displaying a HD signal.

Ohh! sounds cool.

Yes, my main concern is the laptop. I've heard tell of more recent models coming with the option of a BluRay capability, but it's still new on the market. That's why I continue to buy regular DVDs. And of course an HD tv can do a lot even if you don't go Blu.

Back