What Story Was It That...

The people found themselves in a world where entrophy worked backwards. The old axe was the freshly built one and the sparkling new one was the most used. The wagon wheels were lubricated with a fluid that was super slippery and the wagon fell of the cliff and learned to fly.

No, But what were the names of those stories, I think I'm losing my memory. I can't remember them

Beats me. I bet there must be a million stories out there and we only each have read so many of them. I'll admit to having read over a thousand Sf novels in my life but none of those ring a bell.

Each of those posts were for a different story. I figured if one rang a bell it would allow for easy quoting. I should have been more clear.

I 'think' the first is a short story by Gregg Bear. The lobster tells the story as seen by a time traveller trapped in some future migration. Its mostly a monologue but there is some action when they are spotted by a group of sharks.
I don't think it is 'Blood Music' but I will have to reread it to be sure. If I remember correctly 'Blood Music' is set on a different planet.

Too bad there isn't a search engine that allows you to plug in book/story details. If I knew one iota about programming or coding I would make us one.

Anyway, I don't think this story was a full book but possibly a story in a magazine or on a website. I remembering it not being a very long read.

The people found themselves in a world where entrophy worked backwards. The old axe was the freshly built one and the sparkling new one was the most used. The wagon wheels were lubricated with a fluid that was super slippery and the wagon fell of the cliff and learned to fly.
The Practice Effect by David Brin?

Ten years for an answer!!!

The Practice Effect by David Brin?

Ten years for an answer!!!
220px-UnknownComic.jpg

Yeup the service is lousy! LOL:ROFLMAO:

Back