Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

What the future holds...

Discussion in 'Creative Writing & Arts' started by aliasfan_614, Mar 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. aliasfan_614

aliasfan_614 Captain

hehe..okay alias elle....i changed the name!! ^_^ ...well...heres the first chap...and the second one....

~Chapter 1~

I looked down at his face. He looked at me with a stare that made me feel as if he was looking straight through my soul. I had to look away. Those perfect green eyes made me want to cry.
    “Syd?” he asked me softly.
    I couldn’t even look at him when I talked. I tried to focus on my shoes. “Wow,” I said simply.
    He now stood up and put his hand under my chin and raised my face so that I could look directly at him. “Syd?” he asked again.
    I started to cry gently. “Oh Michael,” I said softly as tears of joy streamed down my cheek.
    “Yes?” he said hopefully. He reached over and wiped a tear.
    My face broke out into a smile. “Of course I will marry you, Michael. Of course.”

I sat up in bed, and sighed deeply. A dream. It was a dream. No. Wait. It wasn’t a dream. I only wished it had been a dream. Only, I knew it was a memory. A very old memory...
    I glanced sleepily at my alarm clock. It read 5:23. It was still dark outside. I turned off the clock’s alarm and walked into the kitchen. I poured myself a cup of yesterday’s, now-cold coffee. I sat at the table and drank in silence.

~Chapter 2~

I must have fallen asleep at the kitchen table, since when I woke up again, sun was filtering through the windows. I got up and poured the leftover coffee into the sink, and sat back down at the table. There was no work today. It was a Sunday.
    I thought for a moment of all the possibilities a day off could bring – a jog in the park, a day at the beach, a shopping spree. None of these options appealed to me. I sat back in my chair. Why had things turned out the way they did. What if things had worked out between Michael and I. What happened between us?
    I started to remember…

(flashback to about four years ago)

I sat in the chair in my office at the CIA. Michael approached me nervously.
    “Hey Syd,” he said, smiling sheepishly.
    “Hey,” I said, returning the smile. He kissed me on the cheek.
    “I need to tell you something,” Michael said, holding my hands tight. I could feel his palms getting sweaty.
    “What is it?” I asked with a worried expression on my face.
    “We’ve been married for almost a year now. Right, Sydney?” Michael started.
    “Right,” I replied.
    “You must understand that I love you,” Michael said.
    “I love you too, Michael. What is it?” I asked. Now I was concerned.
    “The CIA offered me a job in New York. I have a choice if I want to go or not, of course, but Sydney, I really want to go. I really want you to come with me,” Michael said.
    I was speechless. Nothing could prepare me for what he had just said.
    “Syd?” he asked.
    “Um, come with you?” I asked.
    “Yes, Sydney. Come with me. To New York. We’ll spend the rest of our lives there together,” Michael said. He looked sincerely at me.
    “Do I have time to think about this?” I asked.
    “I leave tomorrow. Early in the morning, actually. You’ll come with me won’t you?” Michael asked. He looked at me with his deep, green eyes.
    I couldn’t speak. Instead, I just shook my head.
    “What? Syd? You have to come. We’re married, Syd,” Michael pleaded.
    “No, Michael,” I said forcefully, “If you have a choice, then stay here. I’m not going. And if you go, then I don’t want to be married to you anymore.”
    Michael looked hurt. “You don’t mean that, Sydney. You don’t.”
    “I do mean it Michael. I would be giving up so much to leave here,” I replied selfishly.
    “Don’t you think I would miss everyone and everything too?” Michael said.
    “I won’t leave Michael. I’m not coming with you,” I said.
    “Okay,” Michael said. He frowned but took off his wedding ring and laid it on my desk. “Good bye, Sydney.” He walked slowly away from my office. I didn’t follow him. I was so sure he would come back to me.
    (end flash back)

Tears were rolling down my cheeks. “But he didn’t come back, did he?” I said to myself. I wiped my tears, but the pain of remembrance didn’t go away. ( :( )

Hope you all like it!!!! plz tell me what you think!!

2. Alias Elle

Alias Elle Rocket Ranger

Please tell me this has a happy ending!

~Me :angel2:

3. bluheart13

bluheart13 Rocket Ranger

:( tear....tear.....tear ..........this story better have a happy ending. i like it and all but it just has to have a happy ending

4. Scarlet Crystal

Scarlet Crystal Bibbity Rabbity

wow! nice job. :)

5. Scarlet Crystal

Scarlet Crystal Bibbity Rabbity

wow! nice job. :)

6. Aliasgirl47

Aliasgirl47 Rocket Ranger

if this doesn't have a happy ending... that would suck

7. SpyGurl001

SpyGurl001 Rocket Ranger

How stupid is he!?!?!?!? Must be really stupid!!! He just left!?!?! What was he thinking?? Serious duh, Vaughn: Geez the love of my life won't good so I guess I'll just leave...

he he sorry just expressing some angry on the stupidity of Vaughn..but I do have to SYd was pretty stupid too.

Please Write More..this better have a good endong ( plus you never there a some ppl with major FanFic rage..like me ;) )

he he...shhhhh

~KM :angelic:

8. aliasjgfanaticmv

aliasjgfanaticmv Rocket Ranger

awww!! That's so cute!! (eep!! did I use cute again?! *smack smack*) I don't know who was being selfish, Vaughn because he was going and wanted Sydney to come with him even though he said he had a choice, or Sydney for not going with him because she was afraid to leave what she had behind...Wait a minute, neither were selfish! This is a great story, keep it up and post some more soon!

9. aLiAsFaN_14

aLiAsFaN_14 Rocket Ranger

PLZ WRITE MORE LIKE NOW ! lol well ASAP! lol
    yea- this story better hav a happy ending! w/ syd and vaughn together!

10. Kristina

Kristina Rocket Ranger

If he chosses the job over her, he is really stupid, and that means he dosent really love her.

11. kleverkitten

kleverkitten Rocket Ranger

He's gotta come back...I'm like crying here!

12. aliasfan_614

aliasfan_614 Captain

awww...dont cry...well here's a very VERY short chapter....

~Chapter 3~

(a year later)

The sound of my doorbell ringing rang throughout my house. I was already late for work. I ran quickly down the stairs as the doorbell rang again. Who could that be? I ran to the front door and opened it. The mug of coffee I was holding in my hand dropped to the ground and shattered.
    “Hello Sydney,” Michael Vaughn said from the doorway.

13. SpyGurl001

SpyGurl001 Rocket Ranger

wait that better be just a preview! Please post more soon (the whole chapter!! he he)

14. aliasfan_614

aliasfan_614 Captain

:D i told you it was a very, VERY short chap! ^_^

15. SpyGurl001

SpyGurl001 Rocket Ranger

I'm sticking to the preview theory he he ;)

Love the fic! I like furistic fic (hints I wrote one) you can do anything and it will be your own!

16. aliasfan_614

aliasfan_614 Captain

i agree...futuristic ff are so fun and easy to work with...

17. Alias Elle

Alias Elle Rocket Ranger

well, basically all the fics here are somewhat futuristic, just some more than others.

And that was a very short chap!

~Me :angel2:

18. aliasfan_614

aliasfan_614 Captain

hehe...okay...here's a longer chap....

~Chapter 4~

I stood there without saying a word. It was as if I had just seen a ghost.
    “May I come in?” Michael asked. I didn’t move. I just walked to the living and took a seat on the couch, completely forgetting that I was late for work. My hands were shaking. Michael followed me and sat down next to me. There was a very long silence.
    Michael was the one who broke the silence. “How are you?” he asked quietly.
    I wanted to shout, “HOW AM I?!?!? HOW AM I, YOU ASK? YOU LEAVE ME FIVE YEARS AGO AND ALL OF A SUDDEN APPEAR AT MY DOOR AND ASK ME HOW AM I!” Instead I softly replied, “Fine.”
    “Good,” Michael said. Another awkward silence followed.
    “So, um, I need to get to work. I’m already late. You can stay here if you want to until I come back. I get home at around five,” I said. I got up slowly.
    Michael stayed seated on the couch. “Thanks. I guess I will stay here,” he said. I looked into his eyes, like I had done so many times before.
    “Okay,” I said simply and headed for the front door, “Where are you staying?”
    “Fairmont Hotel,” Michael said. I turned to leave. “Hey, Sydney?” Michael said suddenly.
    I stopped and turned around. “What?”
    “Do you still work at the CIA?” he asked me.
    “No. Quit a while back. I’m an English teacher at the local high school,” I replied. I walked out the door and closed it, feeling frustrated, sad, angry, and, yet, hopeful all at the same time.

19. aLiAsFaN_14

aLiAsFaN_14 Rocket Ranger

plz continue ASAP!

20. spysurfergrl247

spysurfergrl247 Rocket Ranger

Write more!!Write more!!PLEAS :D :D :) :) ;) ;)