What the future holds...

i haven't been on for a while..i hope you all still remember my story...

~Chapter 7~

(A few weeks after she and Chris met, Sydney hasn’t talked to Vaughn since their argument)
I sat in the classroom. School hadn’t started yet. I students wouldn’t come for another five minutes. My thoughts stirred to what had happened the night before…

(flashback to the night before)

Chris and I sat by a roaring fire in my living room. We were in silence.
“Chris, we need to talk,” I said solemnly, breaking the silence.
“I figured this would come,” Chris said with a slight frown.
“Huh?” I replied stupidly.
“That one guy, who was chasing you that one morning. You must really love him to go out with me,” Chris said. Sydney thought about what he had just said.
“Ex-boyfriend?” Chris asked curiously.
“Ex-husband,” I said with a frown.
“He’s lucky,” Chris said.
“You think?” I asked.
“I know he’s lucky to have someone like you,” Chris replied. He kissed me on the cheek.
“I’m sorry,” I apologized.
“Like I said, never be sorry. Just right what has been wronged and that’s sorry enough for anybody,” Chris said deeply.
“There’s a lot of wrongs I need to right,” I remarked.
“I’m sure you can do all of them,” Chris said, “I have to go, now. I’ll see you.”
“Friends?” I asked.
I was relieved when he smiled. “Wouldn’t dream of anything else.”

(end flashback)

The sound of the first bell brought me back to reality. Students started trickling into my classroom.
“You okay Ms. Bristow?” Hannah, one of my students, asked as she took a seat.
“I’m fine, Hannah,” I replied with a smile.
“You sure?” Yvette, another student, piped in.
“Just have some wrongs to right,” I replied. This seemed to satisfy the two. It seemed to satisfy me also.

okay..well...no one replied..so i'll just post the next chap anyways (even though it is a double post)....

~Chapter 8~

I walked up to Michael’s room in the Fairmont Hotel. Why was I here? Was I going to apologize? And for what? No. Not a good time to be proud and stubborn.
I knocked on the door nervously. There was no answer.
I knocked again. Michael opened the door. A black duffel bag hung off one of his shoulders. He glared at me. Neither of us said anything. We stood there in silence.
“Going somewhere?” I asked, after standing in quiet for about a minute.
“Home,” Michael replied simply.
Memories flooded over me. I had to hold the tears back. “Right,” I said.
“Why are you here?” Michael asked impatiently.
“I just wanted to say sorry,” I said. I thought about what Chris had said, but in this case, saying sorry was the only way to make things right again.
“Don’t be sorry, Sydney. You were right. I did leave you. But don’t worry, this time I’m not even going to ask you to come with me,” Michael said coldly.
“Come with you! This isn’t about that!” I shouted, forgetting my purpose of coming there in the first place completely. Tears were now running down my cheeks openly.
“What is this about, then, Sydney?” Michael retorted.
“This about you and me. It’s about how we stand in each other’s eyes,” I said.
“You’re nothing to me, now, Sydney. Your nothing,” Michael said coldly. He walked away.
More tears flowed down my cheeks. I couldn’t think of anything to say. I stood there motionless and wordless. I watched as Michael walked down the hallway and turned the corner.
He had left me.
He had left me again. For the second time.
And both times, I had said nothing. I had done nothing. I hated that I could now do nothing.
I hated myself. I hated myself and him. I hated that he had left me again.
I hated him, for all he had done and not done. I hated him for not loving me enough to stay. I hated him for not coming back…

I want to cry!!!!! :( it is so sad!! Why can't he come back to her and apologize (sorry can't spell)

Pleas write soon! or I'll have to go kick Vaughn's butt!!

::Get off the computer leave the house and start looking for Vaughn go yell at him!!::

~KM

ill post more soon....plz comment or criticize in the meantime tho!!...i really want to know what everyone who's reading this thinks about it....

*sniffle* it's the last chap....

~Chapter 9~

“Please pass last night’s homework to the front of the classroom and open your literature books to page-” I started to say. A knock at the classroom door interrupted me. “Turn your books to page 426 while I get the door,” I said and walked to the back of the classroom, where the door was.
Michael stood sheepishly at the door.
“I’m in the middle of a class Michael,” I said simply. I started to close the door.
Michael stopped the door with his hand before it closed completely. “Give me five minutes,” Michael said. I looked back at my class. They were all watching Michael and I. “Start reading,” I told the class and stepped outside. I closed the door. “Go ahead, Michael. What is so important that it couldn’t wait until later?” I asked.
“You have to believe me when I say this. I really meant what I said before. I really miss you. I miss you even when you’re standing right in front of me because I know that things will never be the same between us. You’re everything to me Sydney. You’re everything. What I said about you being nothing to me, it was a lie. I realize now that I can never live without you,” he said. Michael looked at me. For a brief moment our eyes met, and for that brief moment I felt my heart jump. I looked away.
For once, I could not think of anything to say to Michael. All the anger that I felt against him had suddenly left me. Tears filled my eyes.
“Sydney. I know this won’t matter to you or anything, but,” Michael started. He paused. I looked at him.
“I love you, Sydney,” he said. There was a long silence. No one spoke or moved.
“I, I, um, I have to go back,” I said. I felt as if I was babbling.
“Right,” Michael said. He looked disappointed. I started to go back into the classroom. I turned around as Michael was walking away sadly through the hallway.
“Hey Michael?” I shouted.
Michael turned around, “Yeah?”
“How about dinner tonight?” I asked.
“What about that Chris guy?” he asked.
“Chris who?” I replied.
“Dinner sounds good,” Michael said with a grin.
“How about Italian?” I asked.
“I thought you didn’t like Italian,” he said.
“I lied,” I said with a smile. He smiled back at me. His smile made my heart melt. I turned to go back to the classroom.
“Hey Syd?” I heard him call. It was now my turn to turn around. He ran towards me and held me close. We kissed. The world seemed as if it had come to a complete stop. Everything that I always hated Michael for had been drained out of me, and instead, there was a feeling of security and warmth.
I pulled back. “I love you, Michael. I’ve always have,” I said.
“I love you too,” he said to me. And as we kissed again I knew, that despite everything, I realized that it didn’t matter who left who. All that mattered was that we were together at last.

the end

Back