What the heck was that movie?

mazway

Cadet
Hi, I saw this movie in the 70s about a planet or planets colliding with earth. It had this scene where the planets got pretty close and a strange harmonic sound was heard. The top scientist was so excited. He exclaimed that it was the "music of the spheres". I've been wondering what the heck was that movie?

Envir, thanks for your reply. I bought that movie in dvd a couple years ago. It's a classic, but not the same one.

Mike
Do you remember any other details from the movie you're thinking? When Worlds Collide sure sounds like the movie you're describing but "music of the spheres" is an idea that has been represented in a lot of different forms.

Do you remember any other details from the movie you're thinking? When Worlds Collide sure sounds like the movie you're describing but "music of the spheres" is an idea that has been represented in a lot of different forms.

Kevin, I remember a select group of people getting ready to migrate off Earth. I remember the eerie harmonics when the planets got in close proximity. The old white haired. scholarly looking scientist was amazed that he was able to actually hear to the fabled "Music of the Spheres". After that things got violent geologically. Their small party got off Earth in the nick of time. It could of been a foreign film with dubbed English?

Hi, I saw this movie in the 70s about a planet or planets colliding with earth. It had this scene where the planets got pretty close and a strange harmonic sound was heard. The top scientist was so excited. He exclaimed that it was the "music of the spheres". I've been wondering what the heck was that movie?

I wonder if you might be thinking of the third episode of Space:1999 - collision course, which aired in 1975. "Space: 1999" Collision Course (TV Episode 1975) - IMDb

I loved that series. Barry Morse might have been the white haired scientist you're thinking of. I don't recall the exact dialogue you mention, but there was definitely a harmonic sound as the moon came in contact with the planet.

David

I wonder if you might be thinking of the third episode of Space:1999 - collision course, which aired in 1975. "Space: 1999" Collision Course (TV Episode 1975) - IMDb

I loved that series. Barry Morse might have been the white haired scientist you're thinking of. I don't recall the exact dialogue you mention, but there was definitely a harmonic sound as the moon came in contact with the planet.

David

Hi David, That's not it. It was not a series. It looked like some fifties vintage movie and slow paced with decent B movie special effects.

Mike

P.S. They had some good looking women in the Space:1999 series.

Hi David, That's not it. It was not a series. It looked like some fifties vintage movie and slow paced with decent B movie special effects.

Mike

P.S. They had some good looking women in the Space:1999 series.

Well, worth a shot :smiley:

And yes they did. But then, don't they all?:D

I always thought it was strange that the ship everyone escaped in reached the new planet in like 5 minutes. Also when they land the planet is all icy but when they get out it's all sunny and nice.

Back