What TV shows would you not allow your kids to watch?

antony123

Cadet
Well, with all the shows that are on tv, I know some of them might not be too "good" for our kids to watch.(how about Boston Legal, Las Vegas, One Tree Hill, Grey's Anatomyor Ugly Betty]) What shows wouldn't you allow your 5 yr old, 8 yr old, and 13 yr old to watch? Why or why not?

As a child, I was perfectly content to watch Cartoon Network all the time. And Disney channel. etc. That seems to be enough until around the age of 12, at which point I think kids can ease into any of hte more mainstream shows targeted to a wide audience, whcih contain "PG-13 stuff" and all, but I think that the material is at such a level that it eases kids into adulthood.

Good for you...

I maintain that kids the age of 7 don't need to watch sex scenes. There's no point in that. While I am fairly open minded about this kind of thing, I do think that there is such a thing as "age-appropriate."

My sister (who is 10) starts watching CSI... she says she loves it but most of the time, she doesn't understand anything, and asks a lot of questions 👅 I guess she's just happy to watch a grown-up program for once...
I wouldn't let a young kid watch violence and sex on tv, obviously... but now it's really hard to "filter" everything and you never know what you're gonna get...

And I guess it depends on the kid too... my brother watched Jurassic Park when he was 7, I was 10 and I was more scared than him. My best friend saw The Exorcist at 10, I still can't even look at a picture...
I used to take care of two girls of 9 and 11, and the mother didn't want them to watch Twilight. And their friend, who is 10, loves X-Men and went to see Wolverine with me...

But if there's one thing for sure, it's that I will never trust the PG rating. A movie like Harry Potter II, which is meant for kids, should not be seen by a child under 12 or 13...

My kids vary from 6 months right up to 18 years, so sometimes it's hard to stop the younger ones seeing shows with older content. Mostly, it doesn't bother me - they're all well-adjusted. But I won't allow the younger ones to watch zombie films.. they'll happily watch vampire or werewolves without problems, though. They've watched moonlight and that other stupid blood ties... but I won't allow them to watch True Blood (the sexual content is far too obvious) Shannon (my 7 year old) loves Ghost Whisperer and Supernatural, although I had to hide the santa episode from her LOL

My kids vary from 6 months right up to 18 years, so sometimes it's hard to stop the younger ones seeing shows with older content. Mostly, it doesn't bother me - they're all well-adjusted. But I won't allow the younger ones to watch zombie films.. they'll happily watch vampire or werewolves without problems, though. They've watched moonlight and that other stupid blood ties... but I won't allow them to watch True Blood (the sexual content is far too obvious) Shannon (my 7 year old) loves Ghost Whisperer and Supernatural, although I had to hide the santa episode from her LOL

i also don't want that children should watch such tv shows in which there are erotic scenes and violence scenes.
There are shows like Miami beach,Sex and the city etc.which contains such matter.

Back