What types of servers do you want?

F

frostydf2

Just a question for everyone. What types of servers would you like to see? For me it would be an open PvP server. Wherever you go, you are open to being killed by someone else. What about you?

RP server for me, but I would hope that there would be some PVP oulet on said RP server. Sometimes interactions become violent. :smiley:

PvE server, PvE RP server preferred, but not necessary.

What types should there be?

PvP Standard: Faction based PvP, zone based (Arena's, entering enemy territory (DAoC's RvR comes to mind)
PvP Standard Full: PvP throughout, everyone, anyone can PvP, within rules, befitting a Code of Honor or similar.
PvE Standard: Faction's exist, but do not war with one another. Similar to Gaheris server in Dark Age of Camelot.
PvP RP: Strict RP with faction based PvP as noted above.
PvP RP Full: All out PvP, similar to mentioned above.
PvE RP: PvE w/ strict RP ruleset.

~ Jaraeth

Why so much segregation?

I just want fast servers, and have full confidence that Simu will make the game worth playing on it. In Dragonrealms 90% of everyone is on the same server, and they seem to get along just fine.

More people on same server = more social/RP opportunities = more fun.

Grapical MMO's tend to have several different player types, and several of them do NOT get along with each other. So yeah, it would be best to say, have the "Carebears" and the "Gank'tards" on different servers. Or the "Powergamerwannabe-dudes" and the "RP Nazies" on different servers. These groups dont get along very well. ;)

I would love a server that is basically PvE but you could have consensual duals between individuals AND between groups of people.

The one the rest of my clan/guild goes to B)

Honestly I'd probably go RP or RP PvP because WoW gave me a tolerance for pvp :smiley:

We were not on a PvP server Eve, we had to attack something to get tagged as PvP. So, we couldn't be greifed, unless we basically asked for it by attacking opposite faction NPC's The WoW PvP servers were more like DAoC with it's frontiers. You go into certain zones on those servers, you could be attacked by anyone from the opposite faction at anytime.

Since Simu emphasizes so much on HJ being a true RP experience, I'm pretty certain every server available will be considered RP. I think the servers will be split up into sub-categories of PvE, PvP, and maybe an advanced PvP where attackers can come from ANYWHERE. Even places such as starting areas and cities.

I want to be on a PVP server because I feel TRUE roleplay should consider the possibility of an attacker at anytime.

Well, I hope they don't make every server a "RP" server. I do on occation like to talk about things other ingame happenings with friends. I do prefer the community of the RP servers though.

RP isn't going to be forced, just highly encouraged. So, players won't be punished if they don't RP, but rather be rewarded when they do consistently like they do in other Simu games. But technically, I think every server will just be considered RP.

Back