Season 3 What was that green stuff.....

freakforalias

Dream on you perverted freak
I'm ready for some good ole' Alias discussion. What do you guys think the green stuff was that Sloane was shooting up? It's driving me crazy. My brother and I think that it could have been DNA that would make it "appear" as if he was Sydney's father. (But why was it green?????) Sloane's always been evil and this would be a good way to get back at Jack.

What's everybody else's theory.

When I saw that stuff I was having Re-Animator flashbacks. I almost expected Jeffrey Combs to drop by as one of Sloane's top researchers.

("Who's going to believe a disembodied head? Go join a sideshow!" ~ or something to that effect)
:lol:

I say it's either something to match his DNA to Sydney's or somthing to do with the vacination plant he took over a couple of episodes ago.

rambaldi juice - the stuff Freplica was using - eternal life and all that!!! :smiley: Gotta be surely!

verdantheart said:
When I saw that stuff I was having Re-Animator flashbacks. I almost expected Jeffrey Combs to drop by as one of Sloane's top researchers.

("Who's going to believe a disembodied head? Go join a sideshow!" ~ or something to that effect)
:lol:
Yes! I was thinking that too.

Next Slone will suck blood and sup on fetuses.

So nice to see you finally down here.!! :P I'm not losing interest in the show but I'm having a hard time remembering the episodes and what has happened with very much detail.

Yeah I really don;t remember anything about the last episode either...perhaps because I was only half watching it and it was on almost 2 weeks ago.

Yeah I'd say its kryptonite too, thats what I thought when i first saw it. Ugh, I hope the show doesn't go scifi...

sycofancy said:
I know imagine that!

I actually do watch the show you know. My fandom is seriously waning however.
Even I am having doubts; see my column if you want to know how.
:(

Yeah, I thought Smallville (the show on the WB) when I first saw it but then remembered that we've never had that in Alias!

My next thought was maybe it was something that either transmitted or keep things from being transmitted to the Covenant.

You guys mention drugs, and that seems like the most logical.

It is also possible that it's something sci-fi like Freplica.

DNA makes sense, too....

my best guess would be that it's a similar thing to what Freplica has been using.

that, or just some kind of designer drug.

but it's totally not DNA...they don't test DNA from your blood if they can help it--they take cell samples. and DNA is not bright green...and it would destroy it to heat it up.

so I've been thinking about this:

absinthe is that color green (anybody seen From Hell? johnny depp is all over the absinthe in that movie, and also does a lot of laudanum.)

*Laudanum*...does anybody know more about it? It's an opium extract, in past centuries it used to be used as a painkiller...I think it might be green (Someone with a copy of "From Hell" could confirm this, but I definitely remember seeing Johnny heating green liquid a lot).

katherine.margaret said:
so I've been thinking about this:

absinthe is that color green (anybody seen From Hell? johnny depp is all over the absinthe in that movie, and also does a lot of laudanum.)

*Laudanum*...does anybody know more about it? It's an opium extract, in past centuries it used to be used as a painkiller...I think it might be green (Someone with a copy of "From Hell" could confirm this, but I definitely remember seeing Johnny heating green liquid a lot).
You most certainly would not heat and inject Absinthe! :lol: It is a type of alcoholic drink infused with an extract of wormwood with hallucinogenic properties. In the United States there are strict legal restrictions on it's import and use (check local laws/ordinances). It's generally poured over a sugarcube because it's quite bitter. (It was featured in Carnivale during the first season because a certain characer was fond of it.) However, it is known as "the green fairy." [Too much information?]

And I doubt that Mr Sloane would choose a drug quite so anachronistic as laudanum--and it wouldn't be glowing green even if it were green.
;)

Back