Season 3 What was that green stuff.....

I agree with the last poster, I don't know everything about absinth, but I doubt you can inject it...however, it was the first thing I thought of, just 'cause it's green. A lot of artists used it to heighten their creativity, and it's extremely strong stuff (they drink it in Moulin Rouge too). It also seriously rots your brain and that's why it's banned, though it's not illegal in eastern Europe, and maybe not in Switzerland, where Sloane is. But anyways, I don't think that's it, I really didn't like that whole scene bc it adds another mystery to the thousands of mysteries in Alias right now. If he's injecting DNA, that's ridiculous...OMG, what if Sark gave him the last test tube! I really hope it doesn't go that far.

um, okay, i definitely did not say i thought he was injecting absinthe...i agree that that would make no sense...it just _looks_ a lot like absinthe, which is what reminded me of laudanum.

and how would an anachronistic drug _not_ be Sloane's style? he's obsessed with an inventor from 500 years ago...i think using an old fashioned drug would be just like him.

and it could look like it was glowing under the right light...there was one kind of golden-colored lamp in that scene, and at the right angle it could make a liquid look glowing. in any case, DNA definitely doesn't glow.

On the totally off topic...topic of absinthe, I have drunk (drank...drunken...whatever) the real thing and it is quite gross. It's like drinking Sambuca mixed with gasoline.

Additionally you can buy a liquor (in the US) called "Absente" which tastes just like Absinthe but without the crazifiying wormwood. It is also thought that people were made crazy by heating absinthe in lead cups and not from the wormword....but just to be safe Absente used the non crazy southern wormword.

You could I suppose inject absinthe (or ansente for that matter) but unless Sloane was doing it as fraturnity hazing (the only time I have ever heard of alcohol being injected intravenously) it is rather unlikely.

I understand from a Russian friend (who occasionally drinks it) that there are a couple of places in the US that you can purchase a mild form of the hallucinogenic absinthe. However, it is not generally available.

By the way, laudanum is an alcoholic tincture of opium, and therefore taken orally, not injected. It would not have to be melted, in any case and would be thin and not thick in consistency.
;)

The fact that it was glowing green probably should elude to the fact it's a fictional "drug" or what not. I mean there are things that do glow green but I think that was more for effect. I go with the fact that it's the Rambaldi serum, since that is completely fictional. DNA has no color that I know of, (I've seen DNA-but not human, so i'm not an expert) so I think that is out-plus the fact that heating DNA would probably destroy it.

I thought it was Methcathinone, aka "Cat". That's a hallucinogenic/psychadelic drug that's heated up until it turns bright green. It's most commonly snorted but it can also be diluted with water and injected intraveneously.

I don't think the drug was that important in the grand scheme of things. I think J.J. just wanted us to see that Sloane wasn't doing so good. And maybe the properties of the drug are letting him believe he's Sydney's father!

i just thoughtit would be something to help hisstory about beings sy'ds father believable. like some dna chnging thing or something so if there are tests done it shows he is :mellow:

Back