What were your favorite books when you were a kid?

I have some very good memories of books I loved and read when I was a kid. My favorites are:

Anne of Green Gables
Charlotte's Web
My Side of the Mountain
Island of the Blue Dolphin

The BabySitters Club!
Sweet Valley Twins/High/Kids!!
Goosebumps!!!
Choose your own Adventure!!!!

lol I didn't go for substance.

Black Beauty....I've read it like 6 times i think, which is very much for me, because I don't read a book more than time usually.

Definitely Anne of Green Gables and Little Women and A Little Princess. For fantasy, I loved the Chronicles of Narnia, Prydain Chrinicles, Edward Eager's books (Half Magic, etc.) and E. Nesbit books (my fave was The Enchanted Castle). Also, the Babysitter's Club, American Girl, and Dear America Diaries.

Kewii said:
The BabySitters Club!
Goosebumps!!!

lol  I didn't go for substance.
[post="1209887"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Don't worry! I read all of those (and more like them) as much as I read the children's classics that other people are mentioning. :D

I was a huge ANIMORPHS fan!!! I would buy like all the books, and wait anxiously every month for the next one to come out...those were the good o' days! I sware, for all the money I spent on those books I could have bought a car...why was I so stupid! -_-

I also read all of the classics...that you have all already stated :P

The Babysitters' Club!!
Any book of Enid Blyton's
Choose Your Own Adventure
Pippi Longstocking
Oooh and Roald Dahl!! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG, The Witches, Danny the Champion of the World, Matilda....... :smiley:

late elementry school through junior high:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Outsiders
Those books where you determine what happens in the story while deciding which page to turn to. Those were fun!
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

as far as simple books go when I was in preschool/early elementary school:
Bernstein Bears
Spot the Dog
a Care Bears book

ConcreteGirl said:
Charlotte's Web
[post="1209882"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Oh, I loved Charlottes Web....so good, I am so watching the film whent it comes out!

Kewii said:
The BabySitters Club!
Goosebumps!!!

lol  I didn't go for substance.
[post="1209887"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
LOL, same here, I loved them.

cinders said:
mmm malory towers
the lion and the mouse-aesops fable
the famous five
[post="1213444"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Arrg, I loved Enid Blyton...I used to pretend I was in a boarding school...you know in malory towers, the swimming pool? Well I went to this beach in Cornwall where there was a swimming pool cut out of the rock on the beach, and for some reason I always visualised it like that...:lol:

Scarlet Crystal said:
NARNIA! i loved them so much, and still do. they are so cool... and my daddy read them with me/to me. :D
[post="1213652"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hell yeah. But I am so ashamed that I have them all and haven't read the last three. I read the firt ones all at leas 2/3/4 times each.

starrynic said:
Oooh and Roald Dahl!! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG, The Witches, Danny the Champion of the World, Matilda....... :smiley:
[post="1215614"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I absolutely loved Roald Dahl.

I'm sure there were loads more, but I'm just gonna use yours for now...:P

Jai :rain:

Hmm..I never did read when I wsa younger. It wasn't until much later in life that I grudgingly admitted that reading might, by the slimmest of chances, be a useful skill to have.

Back